• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh "sticking to guns"

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might as well sign Avery. As for Harbs, How long will it take him to see this isn't a power running team?

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not surprised at all that Harbaugh is "sticking to his guns". I don't think his ego would allow for anything else. He thinks very highly of himself and believes he knows what is best. It would be really tough for him to admit he made a mistake. It's still early and the team has been held back by the short period he's had to get to know the players he has. I'm going to try and be patient where Harbaugh is concerned.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
sticking to his guns means overall philosophy, not every 'detail'? Harbaugh SHOULD stick to his philosophy cause thats how a system (structure) gets established. no doubt in my mind he's including adjustments, tweaks, or whatever you call it?

but for NOW he doesn't have the QB he needs, nor the O-line play, so he's doing what the team does best. no wait, what this team has the potential to do best. whats dissapointing is i expected the O-line to be better run blockers? we weren't able to run so Dallas gets aggressive with its pressure.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am for one not to pass on Avery if healthy... but could we see a little KW out there before such a signing? Even before his TD catch(solid one at that), he looked real good and trust worthy to make a catch in the preseason....

NOW, it's Crabtree's time to fucking shine.... foot or not, get out there and bust some balls.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been very high on Willaims since last year. Saw him a lot at ASU. He seems to catch pretty much every pass thrown to him.

With that being said if we needed to add a guy like Avery i wouldnt mind. Im hoping we can have Edwards back and crabtree for next week. Gotta think one of those two guys will beat clements for a big play lol.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been very high on Willaims since last year. Saw him a lot at ASU. He seems to catch pretty much every pass thrown to him.

With that being said if we needed to add a guy like Avery i wouldnt mind. Im hoping we can have Edwards back and crabtree for next week. Gotta think one of those two guys will beat clements for a big play lol.

I swear if we come out from that game without exposing Clements..... I'm officially declaring hate on Harbs' offensive pedigree....

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
sticking to his guns means overall philosophy, not every 'detail'? Harbaugh SHOULD stick to his philosophy cause thats how a system (structure) gets established. no doubt in my mind he's including adjustments, tweaks, or whatever you call it?

but for NOW he doesn't have the QB he needs, nor the O-line play, so he's doing what the team does best. no wait, what this team has the potential to do best. whats dissapointing is i expected the O-line to be better run blockers? we weren't able to run so Dallas gets aggressive with its pressure.
My question would be is this system gonna win you football games in todays NFL?
This is a passing league now and if you don't have a system in place that can help you move the ball threw the air then you are toast.
How did the Cowboys win that game? It sure wasn't because they ran the ball well. They had a total of 45 yards running. Look at every successful team in today's NFL and you will begin to see a pattern. NFL rules have changed now and they favor a high passing attack. The NFL knows that fans want scoring so that is why the changes have been made.
Now the question is...........what type of "system" does Harbaugh want to run?

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was with Harbles on this decision. Was hoping we'd go for the onside kick though after assessing the 15 yard penalty on the kickoff. The kickoff was from the 50 yard line, so we're only giving the Cowboys 20 yards if the ball goes out of bounds.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a passing league now and if you don't have a system in place that can help you move the ball threw the air then you are toast.
How did the Cowboys win that game? It sure wasn't because they ran the ball well. They had a total of 45 yards running. Look at every successful team in today's NFL and you will begin to see a pattern. NFL rules have changed now and they favor a high passing attack. The NFL knows that fans want scoring so that is why the changes have been made.

I can't decide if the 49ers are incapable of taking advantage of the "Passing league" rules, or if they aren't even trying to. Either way it's frustrating to watch. The league is set up so that passing teams have an advantage, so trying to stick to a running game seems archaic.

I don't think we've seen the best that the 49ers passing offense has to offer yet. It's kind of hard with Crabtree being injured early, and now Edwards going down with a knee injury. They're just simply not getting the time together that they need to gel.

I think our expectations as fans are a little too high when we're ignoring the short off-season and lack of practice time for the team as a whole.

Last edited by a moderator:

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever guns he was firing were shooting blanks on Sunday......

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with Harbles on this decision. Was hoping we'd go for the onside kick though after assessing the 15 yard penalty on the kickoff. The kickoff was from the 50 yard line, so we're only giving the Cowboys 20 yards if the ball goes out of bounds.

Although I wouldn't have advocated such a strategy for an onside kick.... had he done that AND recover...well a lot of our banter would've been squashed....

Still believe whole heartedly that he should've gotten the first down.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Although I wouldn't have advocated such a strategy for an onside kick.... had he done that AND recover...well a lot of our banter would've been squashed....

Still believe whole heartedly that he should've gotten the first down.

Just the way that drive was going, I had an eery feeling something would go wrong.

Of all the players though, I think Tramaine Brock lost this game for us. Gives up the Miles Austin TD when he slipped and fell (Slipped against Devry Henderson in the preseason too, seems to be our Anthony Dixon of the defensive backfield), also played loose coverage on Austin on a 3rd & 6 with 1:58 remaining in the 4th quarter, which they converted and got them into FG range. Yeah, he got an INT we turned into a touchdown, not to take anything away from him, but they would have punted the ball even if he didn't get the INT. Can't wait for Spencer to come back!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the way that drive was going, I had an eery feeling something would go wrong.

Of all the players though, I think Tramaine Brock lost this game for us. Gives up the Miles Austin TD when he slipped and fell (Slipped against Devry Henderson in the preseason too, seems to be our Anthony Dixon of the defensive backfield), also played loose coverage on Austin on a 3rd & 6 with 1:58 remaining in the 4th quarter, which they converted and got them into FG range. Yeah, he got an INT we turned into a touchdown, not to take anything away from him, but they would have punted the ball even if he didn't get the INT. Can't wait for Spencer to come back!

Spencer coming back should be an upgrade to the secondary... hopefully that works out...

I like to see our pass rush come back and Dobbs along with A Smith get some real game action.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Spot-On, Coffee!

We have an elite run stopping defense which now accounts for very little as we saw this past Sunday.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't decide if the 49ers are incapable of taking advantage of the "Passing league" rules, or if they aren't even trying to. Either way it's frustrating to watch. The league is set up so that passing teams have an advantage, so trying to stick to a running game seems archaic.

I don't think we've seen the best that the 49ers passing offense has to offer yet. It's kind of hard with Crabtree being injured early, and now Edwards going down with a knee injury. They're just simply not getting the time together that they need to gel.

I think our expectations as fans are a little too high when we're ignoring the short off-season and lack of practice time for the team as a whole.

Great Point, Three! I completely agree! It is quickly moving past frustrating and into the ridiculous.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm with you 100% on Williams! I am big on him right now. He looked solid in pre-season and the catch he made yesterday was impressive.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I just heard Papa suggest that the Niners run a spread offense to get the runjning game going and to help Smith get the ball down field. He cited several good teams that run a shotgun offense and then suggested that the QB is secondary in the success of the offense to the receivers. I almost ripped the radio from the console of the car.
I think Harbaugh wants to run a WCO and I hope he gets there, what I don;t want to see is an offense built to Smith's strengths or more accurately an offense built to avoid his weaknesses.
The Niners should have gotten a QB that could run Harbaugh's WCO until Kap or someone else is ready and they should consider getting a QB in that can do it if Alex proves he cannot. Paging David Garrard.

Sorry for rambling there.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I have decided, they are incapable.