• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh having sleepover with recruit

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has proved it at Stanford and then in the NFL with SF. So he has some history in a P5 conference and at the highest level for any coach.
Again, he can do all the good he elsewhere he wants, but one decent year at Michigan doesn't prove he can do it there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he can do all the good he elsewhere he wants, but one decent year at Michigan doesn't prove he can do it there.
That is like saying Tom Izzo wouldnt be a great coach if he went to Duke.
I get what you are trying to say, but if Harbaugh can turn around Stanford from a 1-11 academic school into a national power. I'm liking his chances at a school where he will get better recruits and has basically a blank check to do anything he'd like.
Hell -- they are talking now about building a TB12 sports performance center on campus with Brady, Jeter, Michael Jordan and Charles Woodson involved in it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in. Harbaugh will be coaching 1st base for the Tigers in a spring training game while in Florida.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your response would make sense of everything he did wasn't turned into a national headline. He not only has national sport websites posting everything he does, he has fans of other teams talking about every thing he does.
And seeing as this was his first recruiting class -- I would say it is a little early to say his "antics" didn't work.
Your recruiting class was no better than what Michigan had been getting.

He pulled the top CB from the state of California and all he had to do was climb a tree.

If you think the antics is what got him a recruit, then you are stupid. If you are right, then the recruit is stupid.

He pulled the #1 player in the entire country.

So? Alabama has over 15 5 star players on the roster and has more 5 stars than the entire big10 combined. Only Ohio St makes the Big10 even remotely respectable when it comes to recruiting. Notice how these other teams don't need these "antics"?

He got Kareem Walker to decommithe from OSU and go to UM.

Another so what. Are you so new to the recruiting stuff that you don't understand kids flip all the time and there are tons of things at work.

He took a team that won 5 games the year before and won 10 games this year, including beating the SEC east champs 41-7.

:lol: at pimping Florida as being great. They finished the season #25. And as mentioned Brady Hoke had a better 1st season.

He took a QB consider to be a game manager and he finished with the 2nd most passing yards in a single season.

Ok, and the guy who holds the passing record at Alabama was recruited as a RB.

I'd say he did alright in year 1

He's a good coach, I've actually followed him for years being a Stanford fan and all. But thank god he wasn't doing this stupid shit back then. Stanford actually has standards.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your recruiting class was no better than what Michigan had been getting.

If you think the antics is what got him a recruit, then you are stupid. If you are right, then the recruit is stupid.

So? Alabama has over 15 5 star players on the roster and has more 5 stars than the entire big10 combined. Only Ohio St makes the Big10 even remotely respectable when it comes to recruiting. Notice how these other teams don't need these "antics"?

Another so what. Are you so new to the recruiting stuff that you don't understand kids flip all the time and there are tons of things at work.

:lol: at pimping Florida as being great. They finished the season #25. And as mentioned Brady Hoke had a better 1st season.

Ok, and the guy who holds the passing record at Alabama was recruited as a RB.

He's a good coach, I've actually followed him for years being a Stanford fan and all. But thank god he wasn't doing this stupid shit back then. Stanford actually has standards.
On my phone, so I can break down each quote:
1. He has had 1 recruiting class. In the 5 prior years, only 2 classes were in the ball park of 2016. The top players in those classes. 5 star Derrick Greene (Bust) 5 star Shane Morris (bust) The other 3 classes in that time period were 21st, 31st and 49th over all.
Also, I didn't have much of an issue with Hokes recruiting. He just couldn't develop talent. It is nice to get them on campus, but then you have to coach them up, which is something Harbaugh and his staff has excelled at doing.
2. The only people infatuated with his antics are other fans. He doesn't do them to get recruits, it is who he is. Although, I can't stand the sleep over thing. That is creepy to me.
3. Ohio State is great recruiting because they have a state that has elite talent and they are the only major university there. Now with Meyer, they have huge connections to Florida and nationally to go along with that. Same goes for Alabama. Two of the top LBers in the country --5 star guys were in their backyard this year. Plus Saban is a tremendous coach and can recruit anywhere. Michigan doesn't have a huge feeder pool of players in our state. Some years it is good, others it is terrible. Next year has a lot of talent, so hopefully UM can pick some of it, especially 5 star #1 WR Peoples-Jones.
4. I know how recruiting works. I also know that if you can get a great recruit to flip from you rival, it is a big deal. Same way it was a big deal when OSU got Mike Weber to do so the year before.