• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh assistant tells recruit, "without football you wouldn't get into Michigan"

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said something to offend the kid and the dad. That we know for sure.

are we sure? Mattison left and the kid said he was going to Nebraska. How did dad react? According to the recruit his dad asked multiple time if he was sure. Seems like an odd response if Michigan just offended the family.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure....no one on Nebraska's basketball team could get into Michigan....for basketball

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game looks like a blind kid beating up a crippled kid. Not something I would be bragging about.

Hey, you're starting your starters. We're starting our bench. Plenty to brag about when your starters are this bad against our bench. Hell, we just lost another starter right before this game.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, you're starting your starters. We're starting our bench. Plenty to brag about when your starters are this bad against our bench. Hell, we just lost another starter right before this game.

And then you remembered you were playing Nebraska in basketball :pound:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then you remembered you were playing Nebraska in basketball :pound:

Which brings my back to my original joke: None of these Nebraska basketball players could get into Michigan....for basketball

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BREAKING: Greg Mattison has asked Nebraska Basketball to leave Crisler

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I know they wanted me to come and play there, they wanted to put me to play with (recent Nebraska flip) Reuben (Jones) and put me in scheme and explain academically and this and that what's came out of Michigan, the connections and all of that," he said. "I'm like, here in Omaha, Neb., we've got Warren Buffett, so that's all we need, pretty much."

- Neal

Suffice it to say, things probably worked out for the best, for both parties.

At 6'7"-6'8" 250, that's one big high school SDE/TE. I don't know what the Huskers' OLine prospects are looking like but if that kid puts on 40-50 pounds over the next 2-3 years, he could become one mean OT. And 4.6 speed to boot? Those scouting numbers are often inflated but Neal looks to be a diamond in the rough.

Good luck to the young man and hopefully Mattison wasn't quite that uncompromisingly forthright.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a portion of what Sam Web found out from talking to people surrounding the situation, including some coaches at the kid's school.

"I was told by the aforementioned coach that the other side of this entire story is an utter fabrication. In the meeting yesterday afternoon was the kid, the uncle, and the dad. The part about academics was completely misrepresented. Apparently Mattison talked about how kids with 4.0s and high test scores get turned away from Michigan all the time. He did that to highlight how academically prestigious the school is and lead into what a special opportunity to he had in front of him. The whole "Mattison got thrown out of the house" comment is fiction too. The kid walked Mattison to his car and talked about how high he was on Michigan. Suffice it to say Michigan thought it was most likely going to get the kid afterward. That the visit was twisted the way it was came as a complete shock."

Sounds to me like the 3 star kid just wanted to make headlines.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a portion of what Sam Web found out from talking to people surrounding the situation, including some coaches at the kid's school.

"I was told by the aforementioned coach that the other side of this entire story is an utter fabrication. In the meeting yesterday afternoon was the kid, the uncle, and the dad. The part about academics was completely misrepresented. Apparently Mattison talked about how kids with 4.0s and high test scores get turned away from Michigan all the time. He did that to highlight how academically prestigious the school is and lead into what a special opportunity to he had in front of him. The whole "Mattison got thrown out of the house" comment is fiction too. The kid walked Mattison to his car and talked about how high he was on Michigan. Suffice it to say Michigan thought it was most likely going to get the kid afterward. That the visit was twisted the way it was came as a complete shock."

Sounds to me like the 3 star kid just wanted to make headlines.

So people "surrounding" the situation are a better more reliable source than the people that were actually there like the kid and dad?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people "surrounding" the situation are a better more reliable source than the people that were actually there like the kid and dad?

Well, these people surrounding the situation have no affiliation with Michigan and any bias one way or another to the program. So yeah.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the coach there? If he was not (pretty sure he wasn't) then he would have had to hear that from either the kid or Mattison. Mattison wouldn't be likely to tell him that he just got kicked out of a recruit's house, and the kid isn't likely to tell multiple stories to different people. At the end of the day this story is way overblown anyways. Anybody who has actually heard the interview would know that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, after all, kids and parents never lie. :rollseyes:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The kid said after Mattison left and he confirmed Nebraska, his father asked him if he was sure several times. That does not make sense if the family was upset and threw Mattison out

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid said after Mattison left and he confirmed Nebraska, his father asked him if he was sure several times. That does not make sense if the family was upset and threw Mattison out

Because it's always smart to rush into the biggest decision of your life thus far :rolleyes:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long before Michigan football starts doing shady Harbaugh-type stuff?

I guess that started pretty much immediately, didn't it? :L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mattison is a carry-over from Hoke....Harbaugh wasn't there.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Harbaugh is as bad a salesman as he appears in the 1st post, then he'll need to do a whole lotta' shady stuff and soon.

The 'we can offer you a top college ejukashun' pitch isn't very good. (unless his other choice is FSU)