• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ha! Raiders Gave JaMarcus Russell Blank Tapes to See If QB Watched Film

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

purple drank for everyone.

David Diehl: Raiders Gave JaMarcus Russell Blank Tapes to See If QB Watched Film

The Oakland Raiders took some extreme measures to prove that JaMarcus Russell wasn't doing everything in his power to be a good NFL player.

Appearing on New York's WFAN (h/t Andrew Marchand of the New York Post), former offensive lineman David Diehl said Raiders coaches used to give Russell blank tapes to determine if he was studying film.

Diehl noted Russell would come into the Raiders' facilities the day after receiving the tapes saying that he watched the blitz packages.

Who would have known that Russell wasn't fully dedicated to being an NFL quarterback? His 52.1 completion percentage, 18 touchdowns and 23 interceptions in 31 games turned him into one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, it's official ........ i have traveled back in time and it is 2009 .........

well, I guess I will just pull a Biff Tannen and bet every penny i have on the Saints to win the SB since I know the Saints are going to win it all over Peyton and the Colts.... easy money ....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

purple drank for everyone.

David Diehl: Raiders Gave JaMarcus Russell Blank Tapes to See If QB Watched Film

The Oakland Raiders took some extreme measures to prove that JaMarcus Russell wasn't doing everything in his power to be a good NFL player.

Appearing on New York's WFAN (h/t Andrew Marchand of the New York Post), former offensive lineman David Diehl said Raiders coaches used to give Russell blank tapes to determine if he was studying film.

Diehl noted Russell would come into the Raiders' facilities the day after receiving the tapes saying that he watched the blitz packages.

Who would have known that Russell wasn't fully dedicated to being an NFL quarterback? His 52.1 completion percentage, 18 touchdowns and 23 interceptions in 31 games turned him into one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history.

The stats aren't really damning, as they are pretty standard for a struggling young QB early. Darnold is at 55%, 11 TD and 14 INT through 9 games.