• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gruden's QB Camp will be back for a 3rd season - Luck, RGIII, Cousins, Foles, Keenum

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Gruden's QB camp much, much, much better than Steve Mariucci's on NFLNW.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I prefer neither to be aired personally.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I prefer neither to be aired personally.

lol. Why don't you like them?

Personally I don't think you can effectively assess how a player will turn out during those "camps"; hence, Cam Newton had a below average camp and he turned out to have an impressive year. Blaine Gabbert had a pretty good camp and he had an awful year. But I just like watching them to see their "personality" / sense of humor or whatever?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The people I talk to on a regular basis put too much stock into and/or overanalyze, for the lack of a better phrase, what they see on there. As fans it's not like there are a whole lot of great ways to evaluate a player, even if you understand a whole lot about the game. But I feel like so many fans these days are so anxious and excited to piece everything together themselves to get a read on a player that it often, not always, but often they'll see something on there and it'll make him/her more excited or more discouraged about that player than they probably should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#nickfolesinalosingeffort

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The people I talk to on a regular basis put too much stock into and/or overanalyze, for the lack of a better phrase, what they see on there. As fans it's not like there are a whole lot of great ways to evaluate a player, even if you understand a whole lot about the game. But I feel like so many fans these days are so anxious and excited to piece everything together themselves to get a read on a player that it often, not always, but often they'll see something on there and it'll make him/her more excited or more discouraged about that player than they probably should be.

That's sooo true! Again, going back last year (Cam Newton example) and I recall someone (not a regular) bashing him solely on his interviewing skills but most importantly because of the Xs and Os that were plotted on the drawing board. People used that to support their argument that he should not have been a 1st round pick, let alone a 1st overall pick.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's sooo true! Again, going back last year (Cam Newton example) and I recall someone (not a regular) bashing him solely on his interviewing skills but most importantly because of the Xs and Os that were plotted on the drawing board. People used that to support their argument that he should not have been a 1st round pick, let alone a 1st overall pick.

Ryan Mallett was another one that got out of hand. Many fans had alot of concerns, some of which were fair concerns in my opinion, but I think so many wanted to see with their own two eyes alot of the concerns that alot of draft people had and it got to a point where a number of people took this thing that he said or the tone he used at certain points and stretched it into what they felt was proof for what alot of the draft "experts" were saying.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone please hire gruden so i don't have to mute my tv during football games