• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gronkowski = brittle bitch

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk was pretty defenseless when that contact was made.

I'm not sure what your point is here.

I am a pretty big guy. That being said, I have had smaller guys hit me pretty damn hard on the football field before. But generally even when the smaller guy has a clean shot on the bigger guy, it is the smaller guy who ends up worse for wear. That is all I was saying. I was surprised that Gronk was the guy taking more damage, but considering how it happened I suppose it is not a huge shock.

Generally speaking a puntured lung would be from a broken rib, but that does not seem to be the case here. I was hit so hard once (in a basketball game no less!) that I was spitting up blood from my lungs. I finished the game before I acutally noticed it. It wasn't overly noticable until I went into the locker room and then it seemed to progress. However, I was diagnosed with "bruised lungs", not punctured. I am wondering if this is similar to what happened to Gronk and that the wording of punctured is just throwing everyone off a bit?

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what your point is here.

I am a pretty big guy. That being said, I have had smaller guys hit me pretty damn hard on the football field before. But generally even when the smaller guy has a clean shot on the bigger guy, it is the smaller guy who ends up worse for wear. That is all I was saying. I was surprised that Gronk was the guy taking more damage, but considering how it happened I suppose it is not a huge shock.

Generally speaking a puntured lung would be from a broken rib, but that does not seem to be the case here. I was hit so hard once (in a basketball game no less!) that I was spitting up blood from my lungs. I finished the game before I acutally noticed it. It wasn't overly noticable until I went into the locker room and then it seemed to progress. However, I was diagnosed with "bruised lungs", not punctured. I am wondering if this is similar to what happened to Gronk and that the wording of punctured is just throwing everyone off a bit?
My point is that when player A just has a ball bounce off his chest gets hit by player B running at him at a good clip, especially when A doesn't even see B coming, B will probably win that battle most times. It sounded like you were saying Thomas "got the better of Gronk." I was surprised that you were surprised the end result was as it was.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a pretty big guy. That being said, I have had smaller guys hit me pretty damn hard on the football field before. But generally even when the smaller guy has a clean shot on the bigger guy, it is the smaller guy who ends up worse for wear.

I grew up in Canada and have a smaller frame so of course, I played hockey when I was younger. A little different being on skates and all but the hitting very similar to that type of hit by Thomas when done properly. I can say that even though I wasn't a great skater or anything, when I had enough speed and the right leverage, I knocked more than my share of big guys on their ass with no damage to myself. I think if both guys are moving, the smaller guy takes the brunt but when the big guy is standing still or in this case stood up by Kam, the smaller guys' speed overcomes the size and weight difference. Big time hit though and clean. When they showed Gronk on the sideline after, you could see he was in rough shape. He was looking pretty pale. I figured at the time he broke a rib or something and was surprised he came back in.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that when player A just has a ball bounce off his chest gets hit by player B running at him at a good clip, especially when A doesn't even see B coming, B will probably win that battle most times. It sounded like you were saying Thomas "got the better of Gronk." I was surprised that you were surprised the end result was as it was.

I would say that Thomas did get the better of Gronk in that instance. Nothing to be ashamed of considering the circumstances. But the laws of physics and my own personal experience dictate that it could just as easily have been Thomas that ended up injured on that play, while Gronk walks away with nothing.

Gronk even said that it was the hardest he has ever been hit, which again is surprising considering that Thomas is almost 70 pounds lighter than him. I would have expected that some 250+ pound LB would be a more likely candidate for that role.

Hopefully Gronk is able to shake it off and get back on the field quickly. It was f'n scary when I started coughing up some blood after the hit I mentioned, but I was able to come back fairly quickly. If it was an actual puncture of the lung membrane I am concerned that I would be a longer recovery time as I doubt that it would heal up in less than a week.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Canada and have a smaller frame so of course, I played hockey when I was younger. A little different being on skates and all but the hitting very similar to that type of hit by Thomas when done properly. I can say that even though I wasn't a great skater or anything, when I had enough speed and the right leverage, I knocked more than my share of big guys on their ass with no damage to myself. I think if both guys are moving, the smaller guy takes the brunt but when the big guy is standing still or in this case stood up by Kam, the smaller guys' speed overcomes the size and weight difference. Big time hit though and clean. When they showed Gronk on the sideline after, you could see he was in rough shape. He was looking pretty pale. I figured at the time he broke a rib or something and was surprised he came back in.

He certainly toughed it out. No doubt about that.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say that Thomas did get the better of Gronk in that instance. Nothing to be ashamed of considering the circumstances. But the laws of physics and my own personal experience dictate that it could just as easily have been Thomas that ended up injured on that play, while Gronk walks away with nothing.

Gronk even said that it was the hardest he has ever been hit, which again is surprising considering that Thomas is almost 70 pounds lighter than him. I would have expected that some 250+ pound LB would be a more likely candidate for that role.

Hopefully Gronk is able to shake it off and get back on the field quickly. It was f'n scary when I started coughing up some blood after the hit I mentioned, but I was able to come back fairly quickly. If it was an actual puncture of the lung membrane I am concerned that I would be a longer recovery time as I doubt that it would heal up in less than a week.
Oh don't get me wrong, that hit on Gronk was viscious, legal, and very well executed by Thomas. I'm just saying Gronk was defenseless and that's why Thomas knocked him on his ass.

Hopefully Rob can come back from this quickly, but I definitely wouldn't want him to rush.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in. ET is pretty darn good.

f98622e97484e49cfcd1669cf9bc67ab.jpg

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romokowski

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark my brother how are you pal? @DirtDirtDirt he runs with the baseball furies
Been a little hectic but Im doing well been. On the other side SC had a huge win this weekend. Devils are looking good. And the Raiders have been a surprise so far.

Whos running the Lizzies :dhd:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a little hectic but Im doing well been. On the other side SC had a huge win this weekend. Devils are looking good. And the Raiders have been a surprise so far.

CowboyB

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what a movie though. I remember as a kid, they pulled it from drive-ins, because people were getting into fights . Mix alcohol with a violent movie, shit happens

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a movie though. I remember as a kid, they pulled it from drive-ins, because people were getting into fights . Mix alcohol with a violent movie, shit happens
I actually watched it again recently. Its on Netflix she had never seen it. Definitely a great movie. The warriors come out and play with the clanking bottles scene. Is one a very memorable scenes in movie history.The empty bottles make me thirsty tho :gaah:

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to know is why did they start checking Brady's cell phone when Gronk's lung got deflated. Seems like a horrible overreaction to me. :crazy::gaah:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten would be playing this week...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2