• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Roman & Vic Fangio

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, we all know it's coming. Which one gets a job first, and when? I think it happens this off season. I'm not sure which one though. I'm leaning more towards Roman. He's younger, QB-friendly, and his run-blocking schemes seem to be the envy of the NFL.

Thoughts?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will suck when/if they leave. I don't want to lose Roman more then Fangio though

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Roman will as well, but not necessarily NFL. I know he flirted with the Penn State job. It's a shame because I'd rather lose Fangio out of the two.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Roman will as well, but not necessarily NFL. I know he flirted with the Penn State job. It's a shame because I'd rather lose Fangio out of the two.

I think so too. Fangio is a good coach, but I think a lot of it is we have a ton of talent on D. The offense is the most creative basic offense I've seen in a while. A lot of different looks to beat you the exact same way. I think if CK is starting longer we will see it get even more creative.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bummer thread... I don't want to think about yet, ask me again in 2 1/2 months...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost lost Roman last year, but after fielding the best defense in the NFL for two straight years... and if the 49ers defense wins a Super Bowl. They might lose both coordinators, just like after 1994.

Cleveland just did the crazy thing and spent a high draft pick on Richardson... after the new owner cleans house this off-season. You better believe the most creative running game coach is going to be near the top of their list.... the only good thing is that new owner wants to be the Steelers, so maybe he'll try to get a Steelers coach instead. If I remember right, the biggest reason we lost Norv is because they were focused on maximizing LT, and Norv is one of the better running game coaches.

While the 49ers defense is a lot of talent, kinda hard to deny that Fangio is doing so much more with what is a pretty similar group of guys that Manusky always failed to deliver with and meet expectations. He might get interviews without a Super Bowl win, but with one I think he may be good as gone.

And might I add... but if we lose Roman to Cleveland, that may make it easier to actually get picks for Smith. Roman likes Smith and probably wouldn't mind using him as a stopgap until he could draft his own QB. Personally, I'd rather keep Roman than get picks for Smith... just thinking of a somewhat positive possibility to an inevitable thing of losing coordinators

Last edited by a moderator:

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose fangio does that mean tomsula would be frontrunner? I think losing Roman wouldnt be as bad as fangio. I would thank Harbaugh could still handle the offense.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose fangio does that mean tomsula would be frontrunner? I think losing Roman wouldnt be as bad as fangio. I would thank Harbaugh could still handle the offense.

The secondary coach, Ed Donatell has been a defensive coordinator for the Packers and Falcons. As a testament to his ability as a coach, both teams improved in rankings his first year compared to the squad he took over... and both teams declined in ranking the year after he was fired. He might be a frontrunner.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Roman would probably be the first to go. I'd be ok with that if Harbaugh hired Norv Turner.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman would probably be the first to go. I'd be ok with that if Harbaugh hired Norv Turner.

Hmmmm, get burned by Norv Turner twice? Shame on us? He is a great offensive coordinator... but... I feel like taking him back would be like taking back the girlfriend from Old School after you came home to an internet orgy.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, get burned by Norv Turner twice? Shame on us? He is a great offensive coordinator... but... I feel like taking him back would be like taking back the girlfriend from Old School after you came home to an internet orgy.

I wouldn't know what that feels like. :whistle:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure harbaugh and turner would work out. i see harbaugh promoting from within. but i wouldn't mind bringing mornhigweg back.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather lose Roman. The reason behind that is because this offense is Harbaugh's, and I think he would have a suitable replacement lined up. Fangio though is running his defense, and if he leaves the transition to a new D-Coordinator may not be so smooth. If Roman leaves I really don't see much changing for us on offense.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geep Chryst(sp?) will be our Offensive Coordinator if Roman leaves and Donatell the D Coordinator

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'd rather lose Roman. The reason behind that is because this offense is Harbaugh's, and I think he would have a suitable replacement lined up. Fangio though is running his defense, and if he leaves the transition to a new D-Coordinator may not be so smooth. If Roman leaves I really don't see much changing for us on offense.

Agreed.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping both stay (dream I know). Out of the two, I'd say Fangio might be less likely to go just based on his age. Sometimes, a guy is an excellent coordinator but just can't (or doesn't want to) run the whole show.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'd rather lose almost anyone on the staff if we could keep Tomsula. I just love how that guy coaches.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Greg Roman. He will be the Cal Bears next head coach. Stays in the bay with his family.