• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Roman & Vic Fangio

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Roman is the most likely to go since he seems to want the HC job the most between the two.

If Roman goes then I would expect Geep would get the nod at OC as I get the feeling Harbaugh is the type that likes to groom coaches internally to take over spots since the transition is natural (Patriots) and seamless.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Roman going as well. He seems more of the head coach then Fangio does.

If roman is gone i cans ee Chryst or I bet Harbs has someone lined up and ready.

If its Fangio i think tomsula deserves it but Donatell does have the most NFL d Coordinator expereriencea. I love tomsula though lol

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly, I'd rather lose almost anyone on the staff if we could keep Tomsula. I just love how that guy coaches.

But he coached in NFL Europe!!!!!!!!!! He's overrated. He can't know what he's doing. Regardless of what Bill Belichick ever said. Right, Nonsense/Toby?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Roman or Fangio will draw interest from Cal now that Tedford has departed.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm sure Roman will get a job, but will Fangio? He's been around for a long time, I wouldn't imagine him being a very hot candidate.

Losing Roman would suck, but the thing that doesn't worry me is that Harbaugh seems to be able to assemble a great staff. Whether its his eye for talent, or just good coaches gravitating toward him and wanting to work for him, he got all these guys to come to Stanford in the first place......when it probably wasn't the most attractive proposition. I think we'll be fine no matter what happens.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If either Roman or Fangio go, the question of who should replace them will depend on whether which of the Niners' other coaching staff will go with them...

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Roman leaves its for the Stanford job and not for the NFL. I also think Fangio wont get a HC job even if we win the Superbowl. Look at Capers he didn't get a HC job after he won.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Chris Ault steps down as Nevada's head coach

Might be a direction we could go in if Roman does in fact leave for an HC gig.

I wondered about that. Maiocco put out on article today about Ault and a potential NFL future. Ault thinks he has a future in coaching despite being 66. I might have to be convinced if he was brought in as an OC, but I can see him having a role on a number of teams, and would be open to it.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondered about that. Maiocco put out on article today about Ault and a potential NFL future. Ault thinks he has a future in coaching despite being 66. I might have to be convinced if he was brought in as an OC, but I can see him having a role on a number of teams, and would be open to it.

ahhhhhh flashback to jimmy raye! lol jk

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just curious what makes you think he'd take a job when he just retired? I only scanned the article but am I missing something?

Alt said he's not retiring just stepping away from the Nevada job. Thought it was in that article but it wasn't it was in this one:

Could Kaepernick be reunited with Alt

Just my opinion but my take is Alt is looking to get into the NFL level somewhere and it wouldn't surprise me if he's looking the 9ers way and they are looking back his way.

I could see a scenario where Roman leaves, Chryst gets bumped to OC (or maybe someone else on staff), and Alt comes in as a QB coach or some other sort of assistant.

It's perfect for Alt because you already have a team running concepts from your system with your QB no less. Also you have a team that embraces unconventional offensive concepts and works them in the NFL level. And it's perfect for the team because you have the guru of the pistol and a person with probably the most familiarity of your QB so integrating him in would be nearly seamless.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It may just be me, but I don't even think Roman is good enough to be a HC.

Hard to say from a fan's perspective because there is far more to the job then the X's and O's and play calling.

We simply have no idea what kind of staff he can assemble, if he can motivate players, if he can recruit (if he goes college which would be most likely), how well he teaches the game, how he would run practices, and how he is with game management.

I would say aside from the talent level of the team the biggest reasons coaches fail is because they fail to assemble quality staffs. Our success as of now is largely due to the superb staff Harbaugh assembled and one of the biggest reason Singletary and Nolan failed is they weren't able to put together quality staffs especially on offense.