• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Roman proved his worth

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet a virtual dollar he's on staff as a consultant or some kind of coach next year.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really shocked that the Cardinals didn't go after him. I thought that would have been a good move on their part. He's going to make a fine HC IMO.

I think if SD had gotten Arians instead, Roman would be their guy. Nothing against McCoy or anything, but I saw him as not being a Cardinal for some reason. I also thought Horton was going to get passed over either way. Did they want everybody out or did they not think he could do it? I don't want defensive coaches, but that's just my biases.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in addition to play calling, the offense is now able to execute better. what Kap does to the defense is already known, plus the O-line is more unified.

the play calling during the season is ass most of the time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
poor sequence of plays, no flow, simplistic offense.

I was just confused by the sentence. I didn't know if "ass" was an adjective or short for something.

Oh, and ther than in the Vikings game when they wanted to pass every down for some reason, I think you're dead wrong.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just confused by the sentence. I didn't know if "ass" was an adjective or short for something.

Oh, and ther than in the Vikings game when they wanted to pass every down for some reason, I think you're dead wrong.

i think there were plenty of times where our offense completely stalled and play calling was a big problem.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
a few weeks ago there was plenty of talk about roman's poor playcalling.

Not from me. The ONLY time I criticized the play calling this entire season was the Vikings' game when they wanted to pass every down for some reason.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not from me. The ONLY time I criticized the play calling this entire season was the Vikings' game when they wanted to pass every down for some reason.

The second Rams game was pretty poor on his part.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
roman had the offense out of sync at a number of points throughout the past couple years. the past 2 games he's made the proper adjustments, but i thought late in the year it was too vanilla. now he's squirting some chocolate on there, but there's still room for the cherry/

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Vikings and 2nd Rams games were the only 2 games I thought he was just flat out bad the entire game this season.

He's had moments where he's gotten too cute with the play calling or it wasn't strong but that happens and is going to happen no matter who the coordinator is.

The past two games he's been money though. Seems like he has a better feel and comfort level with CK along with CK being more comfortable leading the offense and reading defenses.

The Super Bowl will be interesting because this is the game that the playbook will be emptied so we'll see if the staff has a few aces in their sleeves left to show.

I'm really excited for next season though now that Kap is comfortable and we'll have a full offseason to tailor the offense to maximize him being behind center.