• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Roman proved his worth

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I see the genius in Roman's game plans in the playoffs. Against the Packers he emphasized Kaep as a runner (181 yards rushing, 2 TDs), and against the Falcons he emphasized Kaep as a pocket passer (16/21, 233 yards, TD). I don't think this was a coincidence. I think this was a "big picture" game plan and he looked forward into the playoffs before doing it.

So what? Well I think this leaves Balitmore's defense with a huge dilemma. Who do they prepare for? Do you concentrate on Packers film and prepare for Kaep the runner, or do you look more towards Falcons film and try to stop Kaepernick as a passer?

I don't think this was coincidence at all. Well done Greg, well done. :suds:

i think it was more kap making great decisions. against green bay, they were showing man coverage so that allowed kap to run. the falcons were trying to contain kap so he got easy runs for gore and james.

the passing game doesn't seem like the usual high school bs that we seen during the season. they're attacking more.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it was more kap making great decisions. against green bay, they were showing man coverage so that allowed kap to run. the falcons were trying to contain kap so he got easy runs for gore and james.

the passing game doesn't seem like the usual high school bs that we seen during the season. they're attacking more.

I don't think so. There were numerous times where he had a lot of room to run and just decided to give it to Gore. I think Roman got into his ear about leaning towards giving it to the RBs against the Falcons.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it works on a brain trust. I recall it the Catch III that Chryst was the one that identified the trend of Jenkins being susceptible to that play we ran.

I get the feeling Harbaugh setup his staff like the Patriots in that the system is in place and it's next man up when it comes to replacing staff.

I thought it was the bootleg play that Smith ran in that was Chryst's play. I may be wrong, but I know they mentioned Chryst for that play because of the 12 men in the huddle penalty that made that a play where they weren't going to just give it to Gore, but a pass was risky. Maybe he helped on both?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
is it the play that was called, or the execution of the play?

it is both but even when a play isn't executed, the blame goes to 'play called'.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually unhappy with Roman to start this game out. Thankfully he didn't stick with the game plan. First two drives they passed on first down and we had 3 and outs. I couldn't believe we weren't going physical ground and pound against them since they give up a lot on the ground. Next two drives we ran on first down including Gore 4 times in a row on our third possession. This opened up the pass and we got 2 TDs. I will say I don't remember if Kap audibled out on those plays.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post Clyde, not only did he do what you said - use Kaep's running to fool Atlanta, and use Kaep's pocket to make it confusing for the Ravens, he also set up the Green Bay game by limiting the pistol offense in the last two games of the regular season. He said that after the Packers game. Big picture guys.

Roman is one devious dood when it comes to long-term playoff goals. Went away from the pistol to get the first playoff opponent to feel like the 49ers were trying to be more traditional. Then when that blew up and everyone expected to see another 150 yards rushing by the QB he set up a passing gameplan and let the RBs do the running since ATL was focused on Kaep.

"He played with his arm today," Atlanta safety William Moore said, "and that wasn't what we saw on tape."

Read more: Kid quarterback cool as a Kaepernick - SFGate

That is great job by Roman to catch both teams offguard with what CK can do and now the Ravens have to try and prepare for both scenarios.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Roman but he's either a genius or terrible without much middle ground. Sometimes he gets too cute with his play calling and out thinks himself at times.

But overall the staff is fantastic at game planning and playing the chess match aspect of the game. We knew the Falcon's defense was going to be completely focused on CK and his running so we used it as a decoy and gashed them with the inside runs and passing.

:agree: with the bolded part. I hate the "cuteness" gameplan he implements from time to time. IE that pitch to Ginn in the Rams game :gaah:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: with the bolded part. I hate the "cuteness" gameplan he implements from time to time. IE that pitch to Ginn in the Rams game :gaah:

OT: I gotta say Supreme there were not going to be too many avatar's better than the one you use to have - but you found one! Good Job!

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: I gotta say Supreme there were not going to be too many avatar's better than the one you use to have - but you found one! Good Job!

Thanks Bem I wanted one like Mem and Bingos but not exactly so when Bingo mentioned people were posting them on instagram I found this one and I knew I must have it.

S/N sine me Bingo and Mem all look alike I guess we are cousins :omg:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Bem I wanted one like Mem and Bingos but not exactly so when Bingo mentioned people were posting them on instagram I found this one and I knew I must have it.

Haha! Cousins are a good thing!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I see the genius in Roman's game plans in the playoffs. Against the Packers he emphasized Kaep as a runner (181 yards rushing, 2 TDs), and against the Falcons he emphasized Kaep as a pocket passer (16/21, 233 yards, TD). I don't think this was a coincidence. I think this was a "big picture" game plan and he looked forward into the playoffs before doing it.
So what? Well I think this leaves Balitmore's defense with a huge dilemma. Who do they prepare for? Do you concentrate on Packers film and prepare for Kaep the runner, or do you look more towards Falcons film and try to stop Kaepernick as a passer?

I don't think this was coincidence at all. Well done Greg, well done. :suds:

I'm more impressed with Kaepernick's ability to go from being a runner to a passer from game to game. He has shown a lot of versatility.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, but not kissing cousins. Unless you have nice bewbs and a vajeen. And not real cousins...just by marriage. But I guess them we wouldn't look like eachother.

Oh shit, this is turning into an MHS post!

FUCK IT, GO NINERS!!!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, but not kissing cousins. Unless you have nice bewbs and a vajeen. And not real cousins...just by marriage. But I guess them we wouldn't look like eachother.

FUCK IT, GO NINERS!!!

UYw0n2.jpg

'Muuurica

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FUCK IT, GO NINERS!!!

LMAO!!! Nice Recovery Brother Mem!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FUCK IT, GO NINERS!!!

Strange, I should feel insulted, but I don't. I guess years of posting weird things has brainwashed me to think that's a compliment.

I have to say though, you should be relieved by the fact that you're nowhere close to a MHS post - it wasn't long enough and even I couldn't find a reference to Alex Smith in it (unless MHS is all the reference you need to Alex Smith). Believe me, I looked. (And not until now, strained for exception, did I think of Alex Smith's female cousin.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman is one devious dood when it comes to long-term playoff goals. Went away from the pistol to get the first playoff opponent to feel like the 49ers were trying to be more traditional. Then when that blew up and everyone expected to see another 150 yards rushing by the QB he set up a passing gameplan and let the RBs do the running since ATL was focused on Kaep.

"He played with his arm today," Atlanta safety William Moore said, "and that wasn't what we saw on tape."

Read more: Kid quarterback cool as a Kaepernick - SFGate

That is great job by Roman to catch both teams offguard with what CK can do and now the Ravens have to try and prepare for both scenarios.

I won't act like I know anything, because I don't. But I would have assumed us to go away from the running in this game - either to fool me or because they think we worked on it more. My dad said that Atlanta would have to stop Kaep from running, and I said, they won't because if they do, we'll beat them throwing or with Gore. I told him that we'd try to fool them and use it to our advantage. Why do what they've practiced for?

I know this would cause me to overthink, but I'd be paranoid and have assumed that he'd play with his arm. But that's just me. I don't have to worry about his legs, I just sit here behind a computer screen guessing.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FUCK IT, GO NINERS!!!

Defiantly not kissing cousins this isn't Alabama and I'm your 3rd cousin son of your Great Uncle Jim.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have Chris Ault replace Roman when he leaves. That man is an offensive genius as well. I'm sure he's been locked away putting together some crazy plays and schemes anticipating Roman to leave, now that he knows it will be one more season, I'm sure he's going to spend it in the lab.

:ss:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really shocked that the Cardinals didn't go after him. I thought that would have been a good move on their part. He's going to make a fine HC IMO.