• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Olsen is available

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show you that tthose tes are vital parts of theiir teams offense.....Who wouldnt want that......?

Only if you have a competent QB and a oline that can protect him. Right now we have neither. Acquiring the cherry on top w/out a cake is stupid.

You don't need a cherry on top to have a great cake. But you do need the cake.

--genius has spoken.

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just draft a TE in the 7th round? Here are all the TE's drafted in the 7th round since 2010.....

Ryan Izzo
Issac Nauta
Tommy Sweeney
Caleb Wilson
Mason Schreck
Thomas Duarte
Beau Sandland
Ben Koyack
Geoff Swaim
Rory Anderson
Gerald Christian
Ted Bolser
Rob Blanchflower
Michael Williams
DC Jefferson
Chris Gragg
Justic Cunningham
Drake Dunsmore
David Paulson
Virgil Green
Ryan Taylor
Daniel Hardy
Mickey Shuler
Jim Dray
Dedrick Epps
Jameson Konz

26 in total. With a combined 491 games played, 190 games started, 297 catches, and 14 touchdowns. That's means the average TE drafted in the 7th round in the last decade has seen a career with 19 total games played....7 games started....11 career catches and 1 solitary, lone career touchdown.

In a word......genius.

Dear grey pubes.

Cherry picking stats to make your argument is lame and ineffective to the genius. I can cherry pick all the QBs the Bears drafted over the years that failed, so does that mean it can't be done so we shouldn't ever draft a QB? What about the back to back years where we drafted RB and failed, so that proves drafting RBs are bad? What about the Lions taking Hockinson (sp?) with their first round pick last year, how did the Lions do again?

Exactly, it means nothing.

Keep trying you old geezer but the genius is always one step ahead.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is precisely the problem. The Bears simply do not have enough cap space and draft picks in combination to fill all of their needs. Sure you can cut Prince and Floyd, but that freed cap space just creates two more big expensive holes unless you actually buy the “we can fill it with a guy cut by the Vikings and was good in CFL” angle. Or counting on a few late round picks. Which I’m not.

The bears are in a shit position and the O line is a big reason why because the big dead money cap charges all those extensions carry will screw the team.

Thanks a lot Ryan Pace. His draft record actually mostly sucks. You can count the solid starters we have on this team he has drafted on one hand over 5 years. Jackson, Smith, maybe Daniels, maybe miller, maybe Montgomery (who knows). Shit at QB. That fucking sucks.

Whitehair and Goldman are three pretty key cogs. Amos was a stud for 4 years. RRH and Nichols are pretty good too. Then, you're leaving out Robinson, Hicks, Trevathan and Mack as UFA/trades. I mean, this entire defense sans Kyle Fuller was Pace. So, let's stop with the revisionist history there. I get the frustrating but no need to act like he didn't do that.

And I disagree on the first paragraph. Floyd IS a hole in himself and his inept pass rushing hurts the team. Finding a better edge rusher than Floyd won't even cost much.

Prince's play has fallen off. Roberson isn't just some good CFL player. He's one of the most dominant CFL players ever and most scouts view him as being ready to step in. Plus, Prince was expensive. Another UFA cheaper than him does not have to be a bad thing.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear grey pubes.

Cherry picking stats to make your argument is lame and ineffective to the genius. I can cherry pick all the QBs the Bears drafted over the years that failed, so does that mean it can't be done so we shouldn't ever draft a QB? What about the back to back years where we drafted RB and failed, so that proves drafting RBs are bad? What about the Lions taking Hockinson (sp?) with their first round pick last year, how did the Lions do again?

Exactly, it means nothing.

Keep trying you old geezer but the genius is always one step ahead.

You said draft a TE in the last round.

I showed all the recent TEs drafted in the last round.

By definition....not cherry picking.

It’s actually apples to apples.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if you have a competent QB and a oline that can protect him. Right now we have neither. Acquiring the cherry on top w/out a cake is stupid.

You don't need a cherry on top to have a great cake. But you do need the cake.

--genius has spoken.

Well we dont have a qb.....And I dont like any of the freeagent qbs nor do I like any of the draftees coming out that will fall to us.....
So why wait till next year to think about a te when theres one that can be possibly had this year.....?

-w20ks has spoken.........

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we dont have a qb.....And I dont like any of the freeagent qbs nor do I like any of the draftees coming out that will fall to us.....
So why wait till next year to think about a te when theres one that can be possibly had this year.....?

-w20ks has spoken.........

Who gives a shit whether YOU like a QB or not? How do YOU know how the draft will play out NOW? We don't. And talking like we do is stupid. So I'm talking strategically. What should the Bears fundamentally do when the draft comes. And the TE position, SORRY, isn't high on my list.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said draft a TE in the last round.

I showed all the recent TEs drafted in the last round.

By definition....not cherry picking.

It’s actually apples to apples.

So by your logic, since the Bears have failed at finding a QB for the last X decades, heck we should stop trying to find one because we will continue to fail right?

Heck, why stop there. Lets go through all the 6th and 7th round picks in our history and history will probably show we don't do very well with them, so lets just give these picks away to charity. Afterall, what's the point in even having a 6th and 7th?

You are an old gray pubed idiot.

Bald Bull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could really help out the Pats, if he could be signed for on the cheap! A one or two year deal.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your logic, since the Bears have failed at finding a QB for the last X decades, heck we should stop trying to find one because we will continue to fail right?

Heck, why stop there. Lets go through all the 6th and 7th round picks in our history and history will probably show we don't do very well with them, so lets just give these picks away to charity. Afterall, what's the point in even having a 6th and 7th?

You are an old gray pubed idiot.

Point out where I said they should stop drafting a QB. Please.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the TE position, SORRY, isn't high on my list.

And thankfully you’re just a random nobody instead of an NFL GM.

Don’t be sorry for having a bad opinion. You’re entitled to it no matter how off base it is.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point out where I said they should stop drafting a QB. Please.

Your inability to put two and two together is an early sign of Alzheimers, grey pubes.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My doctor disagrees. Sorry if you “logic” doesn’t make sense. Try again, I guess.

It'll never make sense to you because you're old, gray and dying. I can't wait to throw that party once you are 6' feet under.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll never make sense to you because you're old, gray and dying. I can't wait to throw that party once you are 6' feet under.

It doesn’t make sense because it doesn’t make sense. It’s not the interpretation....it’s the original delivery that’s the problem.

Don’t buy any balloons yet kiddo...I’m gonna stick around a while.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn’t make sense because it doesn’t make sense. It’s not the interpretation....it’s the original delivery that’s the problem.

Don’t buy any balloons yet kiddo...I’m gonna stick around a while.

Exactly gray pubes.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a shit whether YOU like a QB or not? How do YOU know how the draft will play out NOW? We don't. And talking like we do is stupid. So I'm talking strategically. What should the Bears fundamentally do when the draft comes. And the TE position, SORRY, isn't high on my list.

No one knows how its gonna play out........

And so what if I dont like the qbs......Doesnt mean anything.
And so what if you think that te is not high on your list of players, maybe they are according to Pace., maybe they are not....
You do not know who they are targeting no more than I do.....
The postions I are what Im hoping for.......nothing more, nothing less....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knows how its gonna play out........

And so what if I dont like the qbs......Doesnt mean anything.
And so what if you think that te is not high on your list of players, maybe they are according to Pace., maybe they are not....
You do not know who they are targeting no more than I do.....
The postions I are what Im hoping for.......nothing more, nothing less....

There's a difference between how the draft is going to play out, what Pace's priorities are, and our discussion of what the priorities should be. The last one is debatable, the other two is pure utter speculation so it's not worth talking about. THAT'S what i was talking about.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we can agree that you’re wrong. Admitting that is a big step for you.

You're a very surface level thinker. I think it's safe to assume when you look back on your life, you don't have many successes eh gray pubes?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a very surface level thinker. I think it's safe to assume when you look back on your life, you don't have many successes eh gray pubes?

I have quite a few and I appreciate you asking. Very happy life honestly.

Amazing, gorgeous wife. Terrific kids with kids of their own. Fortunate to have really good health. My wife beat cancer. I played football in college and became a teacher afterwards. Retired early due to smart investments. I have traveled the globe. I’ve laughed a lot and enjoyed the entire ride. No regrets and very few complaints.

Have a good night buddy. Cheers.