• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy suspension reduced to 4 games

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much as I hate Dallas, and this OJ in the making, you have to admit his suspension was unfair. He already had served a huge suspension last year, and he was not convicted in a court of law.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I'm trying to say is he doesn't care about what the fans perceive as fair and equal. Like today I've already seen numerous complaints about "a ball deflator is just as bad as a woman beater in Goodell's eyes."

Although the suspension was more likely that long because the NFL may have felt shown up, not so much the initial action.

There are a lot of morons among fan bases. And there are also too many SJWs who use any situation to further their cause. Most don't have a clue what is going on.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of morons among fan bases. And there are also too many SJWs who use any situation to further their cause. Most don't have a clue what is going on.
true

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much as I hate Dallas, and this OJ in the making, you have to admit his suspension was unfair. He already had served a huge suspension last year, and he was not convicted in a court of law.

Meh, he was found guilty. Due to the NC trial system, he was basically given a do-over. After being found guilty & presenting his "get out jail free" card, he paid off the victim before the do-over proceeded.

He didn't serve a suspension. He was paid to sit on the sidelines.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware of all that. Fact remains, he already missed a significant number of games, and he was not convicted of anything.

The NFL is on pretty thin ice here legally if it tried to keep him out much longer.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this bodes REALLY well for brady.

This is two entirely different cases.

Hardy (as well as Peterson and Rice) were punished under the new guidelines for domestic violence when they committed the acts BEFORE those penalties were in place and part of the new policy. The ruling in these case has been that they need to be punished under the old guidelines.

It's not the same with Brady because they aren't punishing him under the old way....they are just making it up with him as they go!

Edit: I should probably read the whole thread before posting information that has already been stated in the thread.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am aware of all that. Fact remains, he already missed a significant number of games, and he was not convicted of anything.

The NFL is on pretty thin ice here legally if it tried to keep him out much longer.

Since when do you need to be convicted of anything in order to be punished by your employer? The only issue the NFL had was trying to punish Hardy by using the penalties under the new policy for a crime that took place before the policy was in place. That is why the penalty was reduced to be in line with the standard that was previously in place.

The NFL knew what is was doing, winning the PR battle. By initially giving Hardy a harsh suspension, the NFL looks tough on domestic violence. They knew all along that the suspension they handed out likely wouldn't be enforced. So the NFL & NFLPA went through the motions which led us to arrive with a 4 game suspension while also leaving the NFL appearing to be tough on domestic violence perpetrators.

Had the NFL initially only suspended him for 4 games, the NFL would have been skewered all over the media.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when do you need to be convicted of anything in order to be punished by your employer? The only issue the NFL had was trying to punish Hardy by using the penalties under the new policy for a crime that took place before the policy was in place. That is why the penalty was reduced to be in line with the standard that was previously in place.

The NFL knew what is was doing, winning the PR battle. By initially giving Hardy a harsh suspension, the NFL looks tough on domestic violence. They knew all along that the suspension they handed out likely wouldn't be enforced. So the NFL & NFLPA went through the motions which led us to arrive with a 4 game suspension while also leaving the NFL appearing to be tough on domestic violence perpetrators.

Had the NFL initially only suspended him for 4 games, the NFL would have been skewered all over the media.
well at least you get it ..its all about posturing and looks

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.

Now the fans get to see a high performing player again. The NFL jobbed us all a year of the joy of watching one of the leagues best pass rushers.

Oh and fuck the Cowboys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. Now Hardy will be back for the Pats game, but Brady won't have worry about getting knocked out by him because Brady will still be suspended:yes:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is two entirely different cases.

Hardy (as well as Peterson and Rice) were punished under the new guidelines for domestic violence when they committed the acts BEFORE those penalties were in place and part of the new policy. The ruling in these case has been that they need to be punished under the old guidelines.

It's not the same with Brady because they aren't punishing him under the old way....they are just making it up with him as they go!

Edit: I should probably read the whole thread before posting information that has already been stated in the thread.

Haha nice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.

Now the fans get to see a high performing player again. The NFL jobbed us all a year of the joy of watching one of the leagues best pass rushers.

Oh and fuck the Cowboys.
:lol: at least you can be objective and formulate an opinion without taking into account you hate the team that he plays for. Personally I'd be OK if he was suspended for the year based on what he did. That doesn't change my view on the NFL suspending players from non-Football issues, just accepts that they do and stresses how bad I think what he did is. I still can't get over the part where he throws her onto a futon full of semi-automatic weapons. Who the fuck has a futon full of semi-automatic weapons!!!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this makes the league look bad. It's like you get suspended but a few weeks later we'll reduce the suspension. You got to stay consistent when doing something like this.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the NFL has a new zero sum policy on suspension appeals. If one suspension goes down on appeal, that means another suspension will have to be increased after the appeal. So it looks like Brady is probably out 10 games now. Bummer dude!

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a joke whats the point of handing out suspensions if every player can appeal it and get it reduced. How the hell did it go from 10 to 4 you might as well erase the whole suspension

Hardy missed all of last season I think so they may be considering some of that towards time served. I haven't really looked into it yet though.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have a major problem with employeers getting involved at all. There should be only one recourse for the league. Ether toss them out or STFU.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Now Hardy will be back for the Pats game, but Brady won't have worry about getting knocked out by him because Brady will still be suspended:yes:
Math isn't your strong suit I take it. If Brady's suspension remains the same they will both be suspended four games:L

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at least you can be objective and formulate an opinion without taking into account you hate the team that he plays for. Personally I'd be OK if he was suspended for the year based on what he did. That doesn't change my view on the NFL suspending players from non-Football issues, just accepts that they do and stresses how bad I think what he did is. I still can't get over the part where he throws her onto a futon full of semi-automatic weapons. Who the fuck has a futon full of semi-automatic weapons!!!
Who has a futon?