• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Greg Hardy suspension reduced to 4 games

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Math isn't your strong suit I take it. If Brady's suspension remains the same they will both be suspended four games:L
not to worry....Brady will get reduced to 2 games but you should check that bye date before you throw out face palms just in case it remains at 4 games

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Goodell "the weatherman" is watching which way the wind blows again.
It has been said around the league by some, that Goodell is punishing black players worse than white.
Could this reduction be in preparation for dropping Brady's punishment?
Tactically it would make sense but do you think Goodell ever just looks at doing the right thing?

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still glad that 12mil is off the Panther's balance sheet. Def better saving that to pay Kuechly next year.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other player cheated like Brady did. There is no precedent to reduce the sentence.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except his Zing is based off faulty math...Pretty ironic he would call into question someone's math skill

Dallas plays New England week 5. New England has their bye on week 4 (I think). If Brady holds up at 4 games, Brady won't be playing and Hardy will.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except his Zing is based off faulty math...Pretty ironic he would call into question someone's math skill

Dallas plays New England week 5. New England has their bye on week 4 (I think). If Brady holds up at 4 games, Brady won't be playing and Hardy will.
Better and more correct Zing. This is getting amusing.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this bodes REALLY well for brady.

It might, but it might not either.....Hardy had them in error with the policy change for punishment while his case was already going on....They tried to hit him with post Rice punishment policy but they were in error and eventually the charges were dropped...
Not the same thing with Brady at all.....His is from an investigation and failure to comply, and there is no arbitrator, RG is holding the gabble and it's coming down soon !!
conclusion_ACu02.jpg
:D

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to keep the Brady suspension at 4 games because the aftermath would be fun. Getcha popcorn ready fellas. :pop2:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas Cowboys seem to have an uncanny ability to avoid suspensions...i bet hardy would be suspended 10 games still if he was still played for the Carolina Panthers.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy missed all of last season I think so they may be considering some of that towards time served. I haven't really looked into it yet though.

I dont feel bad that he missed all of last season because he got paid his full salary he was really suspended he was placed on an exempt list

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so NFL puts out these cheesey commercials about how NO on sexual assaults and Domestic Violence situations....Then they go out and do this. Sure Goodell you look real good handing out a 10 game suspension for these ass clowns, then they just appeal it and get it reduced greatly....

How about this Goodell, you want to send a message? How about you immediately dismiss anyone in the league who is a big enough POS to beat up their girlfriends, ex girlfriends, wives, ex wives, etc. or sexually assault someone. Fire them, end it. Take a real stance.

Until then, your "stance" on these crimes is a joke and cant be taken seriously.

And maybe your appeal court or whatever the hell you have created within the NFL, like its own governing body. Put some females in there. Instead of whoever this jackal was who reduced Hardy's suspensions from 10 to 4 games.

These are real life monsters. 6'4 + 230 lbs + MEN beating up women, or sexually assaulting women.....C'mon.

Bottom line, until the NFL really does something about these pieces of shit, i don't think anyone can take their stance on these crimes serious.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has no bearing on TB at all. I feel bad for those who think Brady suspension will get reduced, the other owners want this to stand so it will. Sure it will go to court, but only so Brady can clear his name. No court is going to force the NFL to reduce the suspension. The NFL thinks Brady did something (regardless of what you think), so they can punish him for that. Only thing Brady can do it clear his name, but he will miss the 4 games IMO. At this point give the owners and patriot haters what they want so we can move on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks, you would think at this point in time a Pats fan would be fully aware of their early schedule and the fact that it includes a bye week and that other teams may not...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sources are telling me Goodell will add the 6 games Henderson took from Hardy to Brady's suspension.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't confuse the legal system with the NFL's suspension policy. If the legal system failed his victim it's not the NFL's job to rectify no matter how heinous the action, it's still apples and oranges. I tend to agree (without reading up on the facts of the case too deeply) that most of these guys should have served jail time and certainly Hardy if what we hear is true.

The legal system didn't fail the victim. The victim didn't show up. There was nothing the legal system could do at that point.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is fair & equal punishment for Brady? Which other players have committed the same offenses to set the precedent?

Players/equipment staff of the Chargers, Vikings, Panthers, and Colts have all commited similar violations to what the Patriots equipment staff are accused of. Brady has not been accused of tampering with equipment, only possibly being "generally aware" that equipment was tampered with.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Domestic abuse is a Hot button topic at the top of most everybody's Radar these days.

Hardy's suspension was not handed down under the domestic abuse policy that the NFL has old or new. It was handed down under the "Conduct detrimental to the League " policy. This gives the NFL a lot more leeway in what they can do with a "troublesome " player.

We can debate what punishment is proper until we are all blue in the face. In the end it does not matter what we think is fair or not. The NFL wants to be seen in the court of public opinion in a positive light and that's all they care about PERIOD. They are playing to the flavor of the day all the time in matters like this. It's a dangerous game and one that will leave them swinging in the breeze eventually.

On the Legal front Hardy can fight the 4 game suspension if he chooses and he might do that. As far as his charges and legal issues in NC are concerned he is completely "LEGALLY" innocent of domestic abuse.

We all can and will draw our own conclusions.

JMHO