• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Graham misses practice with injury

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that the early bye week could actually be a good thing this year?
It'll definitely be good for Russell Wilson and a couple other guys who are banged up. But it also means we have no breather for the final 12 games.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG was a man among boys in the SF game. Like a Boss.
I hope it is a safe and quick heal.
On a personal front, I going through the process of passing a kidney stone. It should pass any day now. My only concern is I am a performing drummer and one of the bands I play for works tonight and tomorrow night. Yet, the show must go on. I wonder, looking at some of the musicians faces while performing makes me wonder if they are passing kidney stones too:noidea:.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good freakin grief, cant catch a break with jimmy

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea if anyone has done any actual studies on it, but my pet theory for awhile now is that some of these comic book physique guys are just carrying too much damn weight for their ligaments and bones (spines). Especially the ones we expect to play at skill positions.

Graham, Gronkowski, Dez Bryant... Watt even. Lots of these guys just can't take the wear and tear.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have no idea if anyone has done any actual studies on it, but my pet theory for awhile now is that some of these comic book physique guys are just carrying too much damn weight for their ligaments and bones (spines). Especially the ones we expect to play at skill positions.

Graham, Gronkowski, Dez Bryant... Watt even. Lots of these guys just can't take the wear and tear.

Bigger they are the harder they fall...

It'd be interesting to see a study on injuries or total time missed as a % from guys at an ideal weight/height ratio vs. guys who are not. I get Watt is like 6'6" 290 lbs and there's a TON of muscle there, but that's STILL not ideal weight. 6'6" you should be like 200-210 lbs lol.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you guys are missing the issue, muscle if anything protects the bone from injury it is all about the life style. I am talking about the average person who has a desk job with a low impact lifestyle they can age up to 60+ years before they start seeing problems if they eat right and exercise IMO. however in football when you collide with other human beings that are made of muscle over and over and over is what can cause the injury. It isn't normal to hit that hard I saw the bengals/dolphins game last night and I believe it was Jeremy Hill that ran the ball to the sideline and one defender grabs him by the waist down to his leg, another collides body to body with him, he shakes it off then rams into two more defenders trying to get that first down.

That is brutal

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should I play him though. Either him or Doyle from Indianapolis

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll definitely be good for Russell Wilson and a couple other guys who are banged up. But it also means we have no breather for the final 12 games.

This is why I don't like early bye weeks.

Optimal would be after the 7,8, or 9 week games.

On the other hand, this will be a break after 4 weeks of camp and 4 season games.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of you guys are missing the issue, muscle if anything protects the bone from injury it is all about the life style. I am talking about the average person who has a desk job with a low impact lifestyle they can age up to 60+ years before they start seeing problems if they eat right and exercise IMO. however in football when you collide with other human beings that are made of muscle over and over and over is what can cause the injury. It isn't normal to hit that hard I saw the bengals/dolphins game last night and I believe it was Jeremy Hill that ran the ball to the sideline and one defender grabs him by the waist down to his leg, another collides body to body with him, he shakes it off then rams into two more defenders trying to get that first down.

That is brutal

I imagine that's to me. I'm in no way comparing him to an average person at all. But it's just wear and tear on guys who are asked to run and jump (and collide). Even WITHOUT the collisions, their bodies have gotten ridiculously big, and just can't take the strain. That's my pet theory anyway.

It's just physics. Bigger = heavier = more strain.

Yes the muscles are bigger, but the underlying bones and tendons and ligaments are not. Thus more stress on those... not to mention stuff like vertebrae and the like that are even more delicate.

I guess the comparison for that would be two sedentary guys of the same height, one who is 165, and the other is 265. That guy who weighs 100 lbs more is more in danger of having issues. Everything else being equal.

And again, this is just my pet theory, never have seen any one do any controlled studies on it.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good theory, but wiuld be interesting to see how it correlates in bssketball where the largest athletes are at least in terms of height

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JG was a man among boys in the SF game. Like a Boss.
I hope it is a safe and quick heal.
On a personal front, I going through the process of passing a kidney stone. It should pass any day now. My only concern is I am a performing drummer and one of the bands I play for works tonight and tomorrow night. Yet, the show must go on. I wonder, looking at some of the musicians faces while performing makes me wonder if they are passing kidney stones too:noidea:.

Sorry to hear that. If it gets too bad maybe you can get the guys together and do this:

Just pass off involuntary convulsions as art!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good theory, but wiuld be interesting to see how it correlates in bssketball where the largest athletes are at least in terms of height

Again, no evidence of it beyond my anecdotal observations, but BIG guys, who don't look like comic book characters (they look 'thick') tend to wear better/longer. So your typical Somoan type physique, more suited to the wear and tear.

But yeah, anyone who watched the NBA in the 70's - 80's, NBA players used to be 'thin,' now they too look like they should be wearing tights and a cape.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I don't like early bye weeks.

Optimal would be after the 7,8, or 9 week games.

On the other hand, this will be a break after 4 weeks of camp and 4 season games.

True... but Seattle NEEDS this early bye week. Multiple injuries, Ifedi injured, and any time the coaches have to work with that O-Line in an off week is SORELY needed.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... but Seattle NEEDS this early bye week. Multiple injuries, Ifedi injured, and any time the coaches have to work with that O-Line in an off week is SORELY needed.
I agree.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Seattle needs the bye now. But man that leaves 12-13 games in a row without a break.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before 1990 there was no bye week, they can handle it.
Ok we'll revisit this come week 12 or so when the cold weather and injuries start to accumulate. Of course they can handle it. It's not the best time to have your bye normally is all. It may work out well for Seattle only time will tell. Prior to season start no one wants their bye this early, there's a reason for it.
If I was king for a day. I'd have everyone on a bye during the three middle weeks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we'll revisit this come week 12 or so when the cold weather and injuries start to accumulate. Of course they can handle it. It's not the best time to have your bye normally is all. It may work out well for Seattle only time will tell. Prior to season start no one wants their bye this early, there's a reason for it.
If I was king for a day. I'd have everyone on a bye during the three middle weeks.

Course middle of the season or a bit later is ideal in theory. However since teams don't get to choose when their bye happens, all they can do is try to make the most of it whatever week it is. No point in crying about the week it happens.