• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Grading our players: The Recieving Unit

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr Eviler is super pissed lately. Hopefully you are getting plenty of Vitamin D during these dark and cold winter months.

I agree with the first sentence. Don't care about the second one.

It's that time of the year where our front office can once again show their incompetence, or at least most likely will, and I question my sanity as to why I root for this team.

I got an email from the Lions congratulating a season ticket holder who because he had paid in advance won some drawing to have lunch with Lewand and Mayhew and a special tour of the facilities. I paid in advance too. Didn't know about this drawing though. Can you imagine if I had won? Do you think they would let me watch the Lions win a Super Bowl from my prison cell and then have lunch with their replacements who made that happen?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C.Johnson... 9.5
G.Tate... 8.5
A. Ross... 5.5
C. Fuller... 6.0
R. Broyles... 7.0
E. Ebron... 5.0
B. Pettigrew... 7.5
J. Fuaria... 6.0

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets focus on the pass catchers on this one. I'll include the TEs also.

C.Johnson
G.Tate
A. Ross
C. Fuller
R. Broyles
E. Ebron
B. Pettigrew
J. Fuaria

Use the grading scale I've provided below and from there, I will get the average score for each player after a day or two.

Rank 1-10 with 10 being the highest. Include percentages (.1.2.3.4.5) if you believe player is between certain levels.

1- Bad player. Should not be on a NFL roster.
2- Tackling dummy or jock carrier.
3- Nothing more than a practice squad player.
4- Low level backup player.
5- Quality backup or role player with no starting potential.*
6- Starter but easily upgradeable.
7- Mid level starter, with potential as a high level starter.
8- High level starter, with All-Pro potential.
9- Consistent All-Pro player.
10- Potential Hall of Fame player.ets focus on the pass catchers on this one. I'll include the TEs also.

Calvin Johnson 10- Going to be a first ballot HOF. Our dumb ass coordinator has talked about how he doesn't even know how to gameplan because defenses shift what they do so much when Calvin is on the field.

Golden Tate 7.8 - I love me some Tate. I think he could be a consistent Pro Bowler. All-Pro? o No. I don't think he's ever going to be a top 3 WR.

Ross - 4 He made a couple nice splash plays, but he has no consistency. He does look decent when he gets the ball, but hasn't impressed.

Fuller - 3.6 I really think he shouldn't have been on the field. He had one great catch, but was honestly worse than that white guy we had last year that I tried to erase from my brain. He had too many perfect long throws go in between his hands. His inclusion in the gameplan and subsequent explanation infuriates me. With that said he has physical potential, but he is built for running deep routes, but struggles to track the ball with them, that is usually something that is innate.

Broyles incomplete. We didn't really see him much. Last time I saw him on the field I would give him a 5.5. His few trips to the field looked like he should still be a 5. Maybe the injuries sapped him of all he had. I do know that the explanation that he plays the same position as Tate is stupid. I would much rather see Tate slid into CJ role with Broyles on the field than Fuller be in CJ role with Tate on the field.

Ebron was a 6. He actually did a decent job as a blocker. He started, and actually started to look decent at the end of the year. I don't think he's going to ascend past a seven though.

Pettigrew 7. Didn't do shit last year, but he has had good years. I don't think he got worse as a player.

Fauria 5.8. I think he is a good role player that with better route running could be an effective starter. He could actually become a high level player with good route running purely out of red zone and 3rd down conversion ability.