• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotta love the Clippers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a Clippers super thread coming soon to the Hoop

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USATSI_13631177.jpg

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't a name like the Buffalo Snowmen or Blizzards have been a lot more appropriate??
They had a soccer team named the Blizzards, so you're not as fucking clever as you would like to think you are.

And Braves would probably have been dropped had they stayed given Governor Cuomo's ongoing fight with the Seneca Nation.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew their jerseys looked somewhat different yesterday. Yeah, in this era of political correctness not sure I'd be wearing a Buffalo Braves jersey.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a soccer team named the Blizzards, so you're not as fucking clever as you would like to think you are.
And Braves would probably have been dropped had they stayed given Governor Cuomo's ongoing fight with the Seneca Nation.
I am ten times more clever than I think and you are a crabby old fuck who is probably late for his morning bowel movement!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen this many Clippers threads...

EVER.

:yes:
Win a NBA Championship and no doubt you will see many, many more threads, involving the Clippers. :noidea: :-)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the Kings to don their Rochester Royals unis....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merely a blip on the radar in the grand scheme...

Yeah, folks act like there have never been times where the Clippers were good and that there have never been times when they were better than the Lakers.

The problem for them has been that they have never been able to really take advantage of those times to really change anything re: the Lakers hold over LA.

Even now, they mostly squandered the past 6 years and only started being considered contenders at the same time the Lakers returned to being considered contenders.

Imo, it's very unlikely that they will ever take over being considered "LA's team", but if they can have some sustained success and win a title or 2, they can at least make a dent.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a Clippers super thread coming soon to the Hoop
with how young Kawhi and George are- if they both commit to the CLippers for the long term and really build something together it could be very interesting.

the owner has without a doubt the DEEPEST pockets in the entire league (even more so than Dan G. as much as it pains me to say).

A combo of Kawhi and George under 30 years old and an owner with that kind of loot and a front office with West and a legit coach in Rivers makes them a very formidable team for both the short and long term.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with how young Kawhi and George are- if they both commit to the CLippers for the long term and really build something together it could be very interesting.

the owner has without a doubt the DEEPEST pockets in the entire league (even more so than Dan G. as much as it pains me to say).

A combo of Kawhi and George under 30 years old and an owner with that kind of loot and a front office with West and a legit coach in Rivers makes them a very formidable team for both the short and long term.

I don't know, the Raptors have some ridiculous pockets. They basically control the media, Internet and mobile market in Canada. Tannenbaum is a lowly billioinaire but that doesn't account for the Rogers and Bell interests in the team. If there was no cap in the NHL or NBA the Raps/Leafs would probably have the highest payroll in both sports and wouldn't even think twice about it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know that long term and the 81 year old West belong in the same sentence.