• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gotta give Roman and Harbaugh credit

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not blaming kap but the offense was rolling once again and we throw kap in. Why? Alex made a bad throw but we don't need kap there.

Ps even when they throw kap in there, is there no throwing option for the play? Or is it just straight RB or QB keeper?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What I really took from the last two games is just how well this team is built for playing with a lead, and how bad it can look when playing down.

Aldon's such a force out there when we're up late and he's made such a big impact on closing out these games. Before he came along, the whole defense used to melt in the fourth quarter and now it's like everyone's anticipating the big sack.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the biggest reason (other than the defense) we had so much success last year is our power running game. THE FUCK are we doing passing the ball so much this year?? When we don't resort to Alex Smith to win games we will win most games. We have so much talent with our running game lets use it dammit!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't like the Kaepernick play call in that situation, and it once again led to bad play from Smith right afterwards. That's 2 weeks in a row the Wild Kaep has only led to bad things happening for us.

I was glad to see the running game get going tonight though.

How the fuck did Kap lead to Alex's INT? So if it was Gore or Hunter that got stuffed instead of Kap, Alex would not have thrown that dumb fuck of a throw?

dlockwood8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of having Kaep run it in the red zone why don't we try letting Jacobs do what he was brought here to do? Especially late in the game when a defense is worn down let the man go for the score. I mean that's his specialty red zone TD's and I thought it was part of the whole reason he was brought here because the Niners struggled scoring in the RZ last season.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, however we had Smith lead the team down to the 8 for a first and goal. We gained 2 yards on first down, then on 2 and goal from the 6 we brought in a QB that was not even a minor threat to throw the ball. We lost two yards and all of a sudden were looking at a fairly long 3rd and goal. We wasted 2nd down.

That's what the problem with the Kaep move was.

I think we need to keep him off the field in the red zone. If he is the guy we want on the field on goal to go, then he should be the guy on the field at all times. I don't mind having him in for the read-option between the 20s, but not near either goal line.

Also, if we're going to run read option with him, let's get LaMichael active. Put Kaep at QB with Hunter and James in the backfield and run some option plays (read or triple).

These are my sentiments almost exactly.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Instead of having Kaep run it in the red zone why don't we try letting Jacobs do what he was brought here to do?

Or why not let Kaep PASS the ball in the red zone.

...and not in the red zone as well.
:bolt:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I recall, Kap has had 3 red zone carries this year, and 1 of them has went for a TD. I'll take 1/3 all day.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't like the Kaepernick play call in that situation, and it once again led to bad play from Smith right afterwards. That's 2 weeks in a row the Wild Kaep has only led to bad things happening for us.

I was glad to see the running game get going tonight though.

The Kaep play didn't make Alex Smith not throw to a wide open Randy Moss and throw an INT. No matter what way you spin it, its Smith's fault on that. Not Harbaugh or Roman's fault.

I want to see the play from Smith's angle at the time where he should have thrown the ball to Moss. On one hand, we should expect him to see and hit open receivers, especially a tall HOF receiver. On the other hand, it's not like he has was at the spot where he threw the ball seconds before he threw it. I am NOT claiming he wasn't in position to make that pass, just saying I'd like to see it because a receiver can often look open when there are other factors there. Also, even if Smith didn't see him, there's a chance that he couldn't see him from where he was at the time in which he should have thrown it. He could also be at fault for not being in position to see him.

Having said that, that was absolutely his fault - he shouldn't be taking cues from Gore on who's open that late in the play. That should have been a throwaway or a short scramble (don't recall how close he was to the LOS) I don't think even the strongest QB could have gotten it where he was trying to get it to from the time that he started the throw. Bad decision, didn't lead to points, but it took off three. It was net-neutral with time off the clock, but you don't know that at the time of the INT.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I recall, Kap has had 3 red zone carries this year, and 1 of them has went for a TD. I'll take 1/3 all day.

4 Red Zone Rushes for 37 yards & 2 TD's - No bad

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The WildKaep needs to have more passes too truly be more effective. When 99% of the time you run from the formation and it seems like we only have 3 plays (QB fakes to RB then runs outside, QB hands off to the RB, Option run to the outside)

If we run more play action from it would open things up for the run and pass because you would freeze the LB and secondary just enough to slow them down from chasing the run or catch them a bit flat footed on the pass.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I suspect that part of what the coaching staff is doing is seeing what else can be successful in some of these games. We (as an organization) are expecting to go deep into the playoffs and part of that mentality is to use the regular season as "practice" for those playoff games. Test out new plays and see if they work in real game situations. I could be wrong, its just a theory.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't like how they abandon their game plan during games. Lately (the last two games) we've moved the ball at ease on the first couple of drives using complete balance then we come out and go pass, pass, pass and don't get the first. After that we go run run run and don't get the first. We are certainly most effective when we have a balanced attack.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the WildKaep so much, it keeps the other team guessing when you have a Tebow that you can bring in there.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck did Kap lead to Alex's INT? So if it was Gore or Hunter that got stuffed instead of Kap, Alex would not have thrown that dumb fuck of a throw?

Chose my words wrong there, I did say Smith made a bad throw there and im not blaming kap being in there for the reason alex made a horrid throw.

But i still dont like the call as our offense was in rhythm, if we had been stalling then i could see a kap run or play in there but not after we had made it all the way to the goal line.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The WildKaep needs to have more passes too truly be more effective. When 99% of the time you run from the formation and it seems like we only have 3 plays (QB fakes to RB then runs outside, QB hands off to the RB, Option run to the outside)

If we run more play action from it would open things up for the run and pass because you would freeze the LB and secondary just enough to slow them down from chasing the run or catch them a bit flat footed on the pass.

This. If there going to runthose plays im still waiting for there to be a kap throw option in there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For their halftime adjustments, freeing Gore for a bruising 2nd half.

I actually like the more diversified attack in the first half. It will be successful if they keep at it. The running attack keeps the other team in the game all the way to the end.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...I will say though that the 49ers made excellent use of Frank Gore in this one.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 Red Zone Rushes for 37 yards & 2 TD's - No bad

Okay, so Kap has 4 RZ rushes for 2 TDs. That's pretty damn good, especially since teams still don't see him as a threat to pass. And people wanna completely eliminate this package from the RZ because Alex made a stupid decision after? Hilarious.