• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gore and Cowboy

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How amazing it would be for Gore to get a ring and be able to ride off into the sunset? But it's time for the team to cut him, I don't want to see Gore as a measly backup next year, which I think is his path.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Hunter works on his pass blocking so he can get more carries. He showed some burst this season, but I guess the coaches didn't trust his pass blocking. I also hope Gore comes back. Maybe limit his touches to 10-12 per game to keep him fresh. I'm anxious to see what Hunter and Lattimore can do next season.

I'm always amazed by Gore's blocking. I love to just focus on him in blocking situations because he completely stops LBs in their tracks.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those guys are retiring. Gore's cap number will have to be addressed next season though.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gore counting 6.4 million against the cap or 3.3 million against the cap next year?

He counts $6,450,000 against the cap. He has no SB money left on his deal so you get full cap relief if you cut him. I see them re-doing his deal. I can't see them cutting him even though that is what I would do.

I think we need to extend Crabs and Aldon this off-season. Double Aldon's cap number and a little less than double for Crabs. Then extend Kaep next off-season. We also need to re-sign Boldin for say $7M and Dawson for about $2M. I don't see any room for Whitner money wise.
Other guys that get cut or could be cut to free up the money I'm talking about using above:

Cutting Snyder opens $1,050,000
Cutting Rogers opens $5,194,531
Cutting Baldwin opens $1,377,765
Cutting Dahl opens 1,416,667

We would need to come out of the draft with a starting SS. Probably another combo safety for depth. A G/C to add depth and replace Goodwin and groom to have depth or replace Iupati in a year. A WR to eventually replace Boldin. A CB that has the potential to start. Etc, etc.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He counts $6,450,000 against the cap. He has no SB money left on his deal so you get full cap relief if you cut him. I see them re-doing his deal. I can't see them cutting him even though that is what I would do.I think we need to extend Crabs and Aldon this off-season. Double Aldon's cap number and a little less than double for Crabs. Then extend Kaep next off-season. We also need to re-sign Boldin for say $7M and Dawson for about $2M. I don't see any room for Whitner money wise.

Yeah, it seems financial smart to move from Gore but most likely wont happen. Hopefully its significantly lower though.

As for Boldin, 7 seems a little high. I'm not on board as near as much as others are to resign him. I know he was very important this year but we really need a receiver to compliment Crabtree and also think long term. Crabtree and Boldin are play very similar and it limits our offense a little bit. I really want to get a top guy in the draft here. Mike Evans or Jordan Mathews would be great here and also cheaper.