• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon possible season suspension

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This guy continues to break not only the heart of Browns fans but also the hearts of football fans who are being robbed of the chance to see this guy play.

And fantasy owners who were planning to keep him for like an 11th round pick this year. :Cry:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be suspended for 2 years now. 1 more kick him out of the league. This guy is not the smartest.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I won my league last year, so I can't complain TOO much, but I don't know who to keep. Either Julius Thomas or Crabtree, probably. Both were undrafted, at least....

If this is an IDP league you should draft Aldon Smith and Von Miller an change your team name to the Reno Rehabers

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If this is an IDP league you should draft Aldon Smith and Von Miller an change your team name to the Reno Rehabers

Haha. It is an IDP league, but I'm not sure I'll go that route. Though now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure I ended up with Daryl Washington, too.

dez

Town Drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The legal limit is .08 in NC and he only blew a .09.

Don't get me wrong I continue to drive while barely over the legal limit. I have 2 DUI convictions in 20 years of driving. But if I had the funds and resources available to me I would always have someone to drive me home even after having a single beer out at an establishment. I understand how I could possibly ruin myself again as well as other innocent people when I make those poor decisions knowing I have a drinking problem. I don't understand what is going through these althletes heads when they have the means to avoid these issues.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The crazy thing about NFL players getting DUIs is that the NFL provides an anonymous, 24-hour driving service anywhere in the country. They'll come pick you up for free no matter where you are.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The crazy thing about NFL players getting DUIs is that the NFL provides an anonymous, 24-hour driving service anywhere in the country. They'll come pick you up for free no matter where you are.

This is what I don't get. But it seems like they rather drive around in their fancy cars.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they have a 24 hour anonymous line to ask about all supplements and other stuff before you put them in your body. Not a group of rocket scientists that's for sure.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is what I don't get. But it seems like they rather drive around in their fancy cars.

just just like other drinking Americans with fancy cars. if you were financially successful, successful enough to afford fancy cars, would you leave it at home and call a taxi?

not encouraging anybody to drive drunk, but saying that's just the mentality of most people. I'm not financially successful, but I still pay taxi's when I go home drunk.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
just just like other drinking Americans with fancy cars. if you were financially successful, successful enough to afford fancy cars, would you leave it at home and call a taxi?

not encouraging anybody to drive drunk, but saying that's just the mentality of most people. I'm not financially successful, but I still pay taxi's when I go home drunk.

If it was a free service, which in this case it is, then yes I would use it. Remember, even the rich like free stuff. Plus, it's a black car service, so it's "classier" than a regular taxi.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it was a free service, which in this case it is, then yes I would use it. Remember, even the rich like free stuff. Plus, it's a black car service, so it's "classier" than a regular taxi.

unfortunately, from what I've experienced/seen here (and I've been drinking in bars a LONG time), most people wouldn't use it even if free. it is just the mentality of driving up in your fancy car, and leaving in your fancy car. then there is also the "styma" of having to use a taxi, being seen in a taxi (classy or not). so IMO the cost isn't the big factor anyway.

the younger they are, the more they don't want nothing to do with taxi's.

again, only from my experience here.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
unfortunately, from what I've experienced/seen here (and I've been drinking in bars a LONG time), most people wouldn't use it even if free. it is just the mentality of driving up in your fancy car, and leaving in your fancy car. then there is also the "styma" of having to use a taxi, being seen in a taxi (classy or not). so IMO the cost isn't the big factor anyway.

the younger they are, the more they don't want nothing to do with taxi's.

again, only from my experience here.

There is absolutely zero stigma with having a luxury black car or suv pull up in front of the club to pick you up.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the people talking about "Oh, why don't football players just call themselves a taxi?!"

In the case of SF, Yellow and DeSoto drivers won't respond or will drive off if they don't think the fare is worth their time. Not spending more than $10-15 bucks? Tough titty if its 2:30 AM, because you ain't getting a ride.

My family was friends with a long time DeSoto dispatcher, and I still got left on the side of the road a couple times. (probably could have called some bandit cabs, but we don't use no stinking bandit cabs!)

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say SF cabbies didn't invent the idea of not responding to certain calls.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is absolutely zero stigma with having a luxury black car or suv pull up in front of the club to pick you up.

apparently, not to you nor I.....nowadays. but from what I've seen/remember, you nor I are in the majority.

what if a male in his 20's OWNED that luxury black car? what if he could drive it around with a girl or with his friends?

its been a LONG time since I was in my 20's, but I recall what a thrill to think I might DRIVE a nice car. I recall EVERYONE in my age group felt the same, wished they had something decent to drive people around in. At very least be seen driving a nice car.

do wish people would be careful with 'under the influence', but do understand that's the mentality. you drive to impress.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the people talking about "Oh, why don't football players just call themselves a taxi?!"

In the case of SF, Yellow and DeSoto drivers won't respond or will drive off if they don't think the fare is worth their time. Not spending more than $10-15 bucks? Tough titty if its 2:30 AM, because you ain't getting a ride.

My family was friends with a long time DeSoto dispatcher, and I still got left on the side of the road a couple times. (probably could have called some bandit cabs, but we don't use no stinking bandit cabs!)

I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say SF cabbies didn't invent the idea of not responding to certain calls.

yeah, I WISH they would call a taxi and in the above situation, couldn't they afford a privately hired taxi? you book a ride beforehand, within a range of say 12:00 to 3:00 am? you'd call him within that time and someone picks you up. don't want to use 'limousine service', but that's the idea.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

How hard is it to understand that the nfl has a 24 hour service available to the players? That means it's on-demand for Jesus Christ. This isn't a regular taxi service.

Also, have you guys not heard of uber and lyft? Text them and they'll pick you up within minutes.