• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gordon possible season suspension

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? How damned stupid can these guys be? You KNOW you're going to be tested. Just lay off the ganja while you're in the league and you'll make enough money to smoke yourself stupid for the rest of your life. Absolutely dumbfounding.

:L

To quit smoking weed was one of the hardest things I ever did and I am NOT an addictive personality, I had a good position that I was required to random I finally decided to do it for myself and my profession. I think casual use is unfairly demonized but such is life you gotta make up your mind what's important to you.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gave up smoking weed cold turkey after smoking daily for 10 years...no physical withdrawal symptoms whatsoever...mostly mentally addictive in my opinion... everyone is different but pot smoking can be cured just by making a decision its best for oneself. JMHO:nod::rollseyes:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

Josh Gordon was issued a speeding ticket in Strongsville, Ohio over the Memorial Day weekend, while his passenger was cited for marijuana possession.

The speeding ticket is obviously a non-story, but shows a remarkable lack of common sense and self awareness for a player in Gordon's situation — appealing a year-long suspension for substance abuse violations — to get caught with someone with marijuana. The easy inference, of course, is that the weed didn't just belong to Gordon's friend. The situation will undoubtedly complicate Gordon's appeal of his ban, and make it far more likely the 16-game punishment is upheld. Gordon is risking a lifetime ban with his reckless behavior. It's a depressing waste of talent for a 23-year-old wideout who just won the league's receiving title with backup quarterbacks throwing to him.
Source: WKYC.com

May 30 - 6:39 PM

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A CDC study found that "[For teenage drivers] the presence of male teenage passengers increases the likelihood of risky driving behavior."

I know Gordon isn't a teenager, but I think it still applies if you go by Gordon's maturity level. I mean, a rational person would assume that a driver would not want to speed if there were any illicit items in the car, or if he was already in trouble for something else.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave up smoking weed cold turkey after smoking daily for 10 years...no physical withdrawal symptoms whatsoever...mostly mentally addictive in my opinion... everyone is different but pot smoking can be cured just by making a decision its best for oneself. JMHO:nod::rollseyes:

I agree marijuana is almost purely psychological, and I have a super addictive personality. I smoked every day for 8 years without ever taking a day off (even when traveling) until my house had an electrical fire in '09. Because I'd been asleep when it started, I wound up in the Bothin Burn Ward with 2nd & 3rd degree burns on 70% of my body, so I accidentally had to quit cold turkey. Until that point I'd almost been afraid to go without marijuana, but like you said, no physical symptoms, except maybe insomnia. Completely changed my perspective.

Now it's sort of funny to imagine someone who freaks out about needing to stop smoking pot for a job interview, etc, because I'd think it's much harder to stop drinking than smoking herb. I still smoke with old friends when they visit, but after climbing some of the pot mountains that I have, there was nowhere to go and it seemed to not work like it used to.

Heck, I try my darnedest to smoke cigarettes, but I couldn't possibly remember have a cigarette habit if I was paid to.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will the NFL knock this shit off and take canibus off it's banned substance list. It's stupid.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering if a player who is pulled over and a friend has pot can request a drug test if he didn't consume. Bowe had the same problem. The only reason to do it would be to make your public image better if you didn't and you look guilty by association. Conversely, if one is caught with his friend having it, can they use that as a reason to test?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When will the NFL knock this shit off and take canibus off it's banned substance list. It's stupid.

I want this to happen so we can filter out the pot smokers and find out who the PED users really are.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Josh Gordon - WR - Browns

Josh Gordon was issued a speeding ticket in Strongsville, Ohio over the Memorial Day weekend, while his passenger was cited for marijuana possession.

The speeding ticket is obviously a non-story, but shows a remarkable lack of common sense and self awareness for a player in Gordon's situation — appealing a year-long suspension for substance abuse violations — to get caught with someone with marijuana. The easy inference, of course, is that the weed didn't just belong to Gordon's friend. The situation will undoubtedly complicate Gordon's appeal of his ban, and make it far more likely the 16-game punishment is upheld. Gordon is risking a lifetime ban with his reckless behavior. It's a depressing waste of talent for a 23-year-old wideout who just won the league's receiving title with backup quarterbacks throwing to him.
Source: WKYC.com

May 30 - 6:39 PM

So basically they both had weed, and the friend took one for the team when Gordon got pulled over.

Right?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically they both had weed, and the friend took one for the team when Gordon got pulled over.

Right?

You think the cop let him off the hook because he's an NFL player? Maybe.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy continues to break not only the heart of Browns fans but also the hearts of football fans who are being robbed of the chance to see this guy play.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only laugh at Gordon at this point.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One can only laugh at Gordon at this point.

Stupid kid.
Nothing left to do but appeal and go into rehab and hope to get the number of suspended games reduced.

BTW, Mr. Goodell, what about that Cleveland owner who had DUI and drugs...
What is his punishment?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stupid kid.
Nothing left to do but appeal and go into rehab and hope to get the number of suspended games reduced.

BTW, Mr. Goodell, what about that Cleveland owner who had DUI and drugs...
What is his punishment?

That was the Indianapolis owner. The Cleveland owner is the one that has the massive fraud charge hanging over him due to his airplane business.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the Indianapolis owner. The Cleveland owner is the one that has the massive fraud charge hanging over him due to his airplane business.

Wow, I didn't know about that one.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The legal limit is .08 in NC and he only blew a .09...

If it weren't for his past history he would have had the benefit of the doubt...

I bet the Browns are kicking themselves for not dumping him while they had the chance (for value)...