• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goodell will not recuse himself

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're tears delicious. Keep them coming, I'm out of sugar for tomorrow mornings coffee and I could use them for sweetener.:nod:

Oh I see, so you're G:Ly.....Well that explains it all then, your crush on Brady and blindness to his cheating....
I can hear you now; But I love him Mommy !!

best-drphils-drphil-isms--large-msg-131489893829_zpstrrhymzk.jpg
:pound::pound::pound:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Limited experience"? Didn't that same team win the Super Bowl just a year earlier? We know they were a year older this time, too.

I didn't say they had no experience, but those players on that team which had won the previous SB and should've won this one, were young and feeling invincible because of the year before, may have began to celebrate a few seconds too early...
No disrespect, they're a force to be reckoned with, I'm just speculating what might have happened....
I don't think that's reaching considering how young that team is...That's all !!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can recuse yourself from any of these posts, at anytime, if it bothers you that much.

Why the hell would I do that? I'm having too much fun watching Pats fans deflect and twist themselves into pretzels trying to defend their hero's.

Recuse myself? I'm enjoying the hell out of this.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So depending on which side of the fence you're on it was either a great defensive play that won the game or a dumb offensive call right?

I think it was both. It was dumb because Lynch was going nuts and if you can't get 1 yard to win the Super Bowl when he's running like that, you don't deserve to win.

It was great defensive play because the Seahawks actually ran the play pretty much perfect. The throw was accurate and on time, receiver got to his spot, but the defender made an even better play.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="trojanfan12, post: 6663266, member: 4091]

Even on these boards, all of these Brady and Patriots threads are either started by Pats fans or kept alive by Pats fans responding. You can try to deny it and play the victim card all you want, but it's the Pats and their fans feeding this.[/QUOTE]

Maybe this is why you should recuse yourself. Obviously it bothers you who has started or kept these threads going.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was both. It was dumb because Lynch was going nuts and if you can't get 1 yard to win the Super Bowl when he's running like that, you don't deserve to win.

It was great defensive play because the Seahawks actually ran the play pretty much perfect. The throw was accurate and on time, receiver got to his spot, but the defender made an even better play.

Lynch had only scored 20% of the time from the 1during tge year. Pats had their jumbo package in. So the call wasn't as crazy as some want to claim. We'll never know for sure if Lynch would've scored or not?

I personally think a pass play was the correct call. One an incomplete stops the clock giving you the option for a run or pass play. I just think they should've rolled out Wilson. Up until this time he has shown to be a better runner and thrower out of the pocket tgan a pocket passer. If he rolls out he can, run it in, throw it in, or throw it away.

Granted hindsight is 20/20.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="trojanfan12, post: 6663266, member: 4091]

Even on these boards, all of these Brady and Patriots threads are either started by Pats fans or kept alive by Pats fans responding. You can try to deny it and play the victim card all you want, but it's the Pats and their fans feeding this.

Maybe this is why you should recuse yourself. Obviously it bothers you who has started or kept these threads going.[/QUOTE]

First of all, learn to use the quote button.

2nd, as I said, why the hell would I recuse myself? I'm having too much fun.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch had only scored 20% of the time from the 1during tge year. Pats had their jumbo package in. So the call wasn't as crazy as some want to claim. We'll never know for sure if Lynch would've scored or not?

I personally think a pass play was the correct call. One an incomplete stops the clock giving you the option for a run or pass play. I just think they should've rolled out Wilson. Up until this time he has shown to be a better runner and thrower out of the pocket tgan a pocket passer. If he rolls out he can, run it in, throw it in, or throw it away.

Granted hindsight is 20/20.

Yeah, but the way he was running, I think he gets in. But, I believe in going with the "hot hand" too.

I agree that the call wasn't as crazy as it's been made out to be. I just think that the way Lynch was going off makes it look worse than it really was. If I'm the coach, I give the ball to Lynch. But then, I don't have a couple of college football national championships and a Super Bowl win like Pete Carroll.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is why you should recuse yourself. Obviously it bothers you who has started or kept these threads going.

2nd, as I said, why the hell would I recuse myself? I'm having too much fun.[/QUOTE]
Silly me. I thought maybe you took your meds today? Guess not. Are they all out of Ass-a-tol at the pharmacy?

Oh wow look at me Mods. I used the quote button again. Do I get a reward now?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd, as I said, why the hell would I recuse myself? I'm having too much fun.
Silly me. I thought maybe you took your meds today? Guess not. Are they all out of Ass-a-tol at the pharmacy?

Oh wow look at me Mods. I used the quote button again. Do I get a reward now?[/QUOTE]

You fucked up the quote button again. :L

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh wow look at me Mods. I used the quote button again. Do I get a reward now?

You fucked up the quote button again. :L[/QUOTE]
It's like calling a run play or a pass play. You can quote the entire post, delete portions and quote, quote at the end of the end of the text. Just because you don't like the option I use at any given time doesn't mean it's wrong.
Besides since it bothers you, you know I'm eating this shit up.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the heck would I do that? I'm having too much fun watching Pats fans deflect and twist themselves into pretzels trying to defend their hero's.

Recuse myself? I'm enjoying the heck out of this.

You do realize you are dealing with the male version of Sybil, right !!! :crazy::D

100_0787.jpg

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great play regardless of call or no call......Everyone thought Lynch was gonna run it in, I think they may have began to celebrate in their mind before they actually got the win, it looked like a sure thing and their beingyoung and limited experience caused them to pause for a moment and it cost them the game..Dagnabbit !! :gaah:

Obviously the Patriots didn't think Lynch was going to try to run it in. Belichick sent Butler in, Browner was screaming at the line "watch the pick" Every defender was in position for the pass play.....

I'm very happy about the Patriots knocking the over-achieving ravens out of the playoffs.
I'm sure you know how much I enjoyed watching the Patriots beat an excellent Seahawks team for the Superbowl Championship. Enjoy!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that nobody seems to recall that all of Lynches yardage was on 1st or 2nd and long. He was stopped frequently on 3rd and short. Good call but against the wrong team.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that nobody seems to recall that all of Lynches yardage was on 1st or 2nd and long. He was stopped frequently on 3rd and short. Good call but against the wrong team.....
Oh many of recall that. I think it just depends on what color you were wearing on SB Sunday how much youremember.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear that Russell is a better passer outside the pocket than in all the time, but that isn't really the case. I wish they kept these stats where they were easier to find (can't find 2014 numbers) but in 2013 his completion percentage was higher (66.1 to 56.9), td % higher (6.2 to 5.9), INT percentage lower (1.6 to 2.6) and passer rating higher (104.7 to 93.9) when passing in the pocket (with over twice as many attempts).

I love that Russell is great outside the pocket, both as a passer and as a runner, but it is insinuated that because he's so good/flashy outside the pocket that his performance inside the pocket is lacking. which just isn't true.

As for the play - the issue I have with the call is expecting Kearse to be able to get off the line against Browner. If he's able to properly fend off Browner's jam at the line, then Butler is cut off from making the play and it's all elementary, but to even think that Kearse would have been able to do that against the most physical corner in the league (and one that had been playing for you the previous 3 years at that) was/is unrealistic. Kearse's role on that play was doomed before the snap even took place (and to be honest they probably have better luck had they switched Kearse and Baldwin - as Baldwin would have had a better chance doing the job against Revis than Kearse did against Browner. Hell, if they put Matthews where Kearse was and Kearse where Lockette was, the play had a much better chance, but there's so many of these what ifs.).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Russell is a better passer outside the pocket than in all the time, but that isn't really the case. I wish they kept these stats where they were easier to find (can't find 2014 numbers) but in 2013 his completion percentage was higher (66.1 to 56.9), td % higher (6.2 to 5.9), INT percentage lower (1.6 to 2.6) and passer rating higher (104.7 to 93.9) when passing in the pocket (with over twice as many attempts).

I love that Russell is great outside the pocket, both as a passer and as a runner, but it is insinuated that because he's so good/flashy outside the pocket that his performance inside the pocket is lacking. which just isn't true.

As for the play - the issue I have with the call is expecting Kearse to be able to get off the line against Browner. If he's able to properly fend off Browner's jam at the line, then Butler is cut off from making the play and it's all elementary, but to even think that Kearse would have been able to do that against the most physical corner in the league (and one that had been playing for you the previous 3 years at that) was/is unrealistic. Kearse's role on that play was doomed before the snap even took place (and to be honest they probably have better luck had they switched Kearse and Baldwin - as Baldwin would have had a better chance doing the job against Revis than Kearse did against Browner. Hell, if they put Matthews where Kearse was and Kearse where Lockette was, the play had a much better chance, but there's so many of these what ifs.).
Very interesting numbers. But it is a slight bit skewed. Naturally a QB should have higher stats when he can plant his feet while sitting in the pocket. Also unless it's a designed play to roll out a QB, a lot of the incompletions, out of the pocket are caused due to duress and the QB throwing it away. Refardless RW is still one of tge best, if not the best at throwing on the run. I have to say Big Ben is the best overall scrambler but a lot of that has to do withhis size.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the Patriots didn't think Lynch was going to try to run it in. Belichick sent Butler in, Browner was screaming at the line "watch the pick" Every defender was in position for the pass play.....

I'm very happy about the Patriots knocking the over-achieving ravens out of the playoffs.
I'm sure you know how much I enjoyed watching the Patriots beat an excellent Seahawks team for the Superbowl Championship. Enjoy!

That's ok Southie, we always have the 28-13 in your house AFCCG butt whoopin' we put on the Brady girls, on our way to SB 47 win....
Watch it and cringe.....It's coming again !!! :D

AFC Championship Game: Anquan Boldin highlights - NFL Videos