• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good thing we used a top 10 pick on Ebron.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't have to go o-line in the first unless it's a LT. I'd rather not go RB in the first.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years into the Mayhew era and were completely rebuilding the O and D line.

Unreal.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about two years ago not last season. The Lions had done a good job of limiting Stafford's hits before last season.

That is true. Went from a good pass blocking line with very few sacks to a poor one giving up tons of them. Sure, Stafford's INT's are down, but his fumbles are up.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real crime was Mayhew not seeing Ebron is a 4th option in the passing game.

Wide Receivers are known to bust out in years 4 and 5.

ryan_broyles_0_1397384032.jpg

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to go OL then RB? Can you go RB then OL? First round then second round... Both will still upgrade both positions possibly.

Gandy Build a good Oline and a good back gets better ,build a great Oline and a good back becomes a great back.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gandy Build a good Oline and a good back gets better ,build a great Oline and a good back becomes a great back.

100% correct. It does not mean that you have to draft OL first. As I am only talking about this years draft class. By 1st and 2nd I talking about rounds this year. Mayhew wants a LT and wants to move Reiff. He is prolly going OL first, if he is not. You can get quality G/C and RT in the second and beyond. While building this great OL.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions coach Jim Caldwell wants to pass less in 2015.
I don't think Caldwell should say things like this but I get it.

I'm having flashbacks from a past HC telegraphing what the Lions will be doing to the league... Deja Vu of "Pound the Rock."

I still dont know what to make of it. I will need to see what happens between now and the start of the season to see if any of it will make sense.

How long do you think it will be before we see Jim Schwartz playbook in action of Calvin Johnson leading the defenders to the ball carrier and blocking a defender that's furthest from the play? I give Schwartz the credit for the play because I don't recall Rod Marinelli ever doing it with Roy Williams.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have to go OL then RB? Can you go RB then OL? First round then second round... Both will still upgrade both positions possibly.
I don't have an issue with that, as long as they upgrade their oline. I do have an issue with trading up in the second to snag a RB though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smitty in 5...4...3...2...1

angry-dwight.gif

makes me want that trade to happen even more now. nothing better than another 1st rd. DT, IMO. especially top 5 of draft
You people are loony.

Lions are drafting Kevin Johnson in the first. Already did in the Big SportsHoopla Mock.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew summed up in a nut shell:

The Lions fell in love with Ebron during the draft process last year, rating him more highly than every offensive player except Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins. That means he was higher on their board than Mike Evans, who went three spots earlier to Tampa Bay, and higher than Odell Beckham, who went two spots later to the New York Giants.

Mike Evans finished his rookie season with 68 catches for 1,051 yards and 12 touchdowns. Odell Beckham piled up a staggering 91 catches, 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in just 12 games.

Ebron, on the other hand, finished with a modest 25 catches for 248 yards and one touchdown. He struggled to pick up the complexities of the Lions offense. He struggled to learn the plays, where to line up, even how to block.

Detroit Lions TE Eric Ebron working out with Matthew Stafford in Atlanta; expected to be No. 3 target | MLive.com

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lions fell in love with Ebron during the draft process last year, rating him more highly than every offensive player except Clemson receiver Sammy Watkins. That means he was higher on their board than Mike Evans, who went three spots earlier to Tampa Bay, and higher than Odell Beckham, who went two spots later to the New York Giants.

Mike Evans finished his rookie season with 68 catches for 1,051 yards and 12 touchdowns. Odell Beckham piled up a staggering 91 catches, 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in just 12 games.

Ebron, on the other hand, finished with a modest 25 catches for 248 yards and one touchdown. He struggled to pick up the complexities of the Lions offense. He struggled to learn the plays, where to line up, even how to block.

Detroit Lions TE Eric Ebron working out with Matthew Stafford in Atlanta; expected to be No. 3 target | MLive.com

Three GM's go swimming.

Mayhew: I got dibs on the girl in the middle !!!!!

hot-girls-friend1.jpg

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three GM's go swimming.

Mayhew: I got dibs on the girl in the middle !!!!!

hot-girls-friend1.jpg

Sure, she's out of shape now, but once that ACL heals up, she'll be back in the gym and hopefully ready for OTA's.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can someone help me find the last top 10 pick that was selected to be the #3 receiving target on a team whose new coach wants to run the ball and has NEVER been associated with high powered offenses??

I'm sure everyone wants me to stop bashing on The Clown Show so give me a reason. Tell me how there is even the slightest bit of logic in that? It was one of the most loaded drafts at the WR position in forever and a very good #3 with upside even could have been had in the 3rd round, we had just resigned Pettigrew and Fauria was supposed to get more looks as well (he hadn't been put on IR by a puppy at that time).

I mean honestly, how is taking Ewrong not just plain absolutely stupid?

I bash this guy and his counterpart in stupidity because they are both absolutely clueless and they just keeping giving me more and more ammunition to bash with. See the loss of Suh, most of our draft classes, the entirety of this offseason, and that article for great examples.