• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good thing that wasnt a conference game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. But what a horrible call at the end with that hooking call on Jagr.

Total dive by Benn and were lucky it didnt cost us a point.

What a horrible rule that is. How can it be hooking and diving at the same time? That might be something the NHL needs to look into.

If this was a game against a team were competing for a playoff spot with I would be livid right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Marty gets a start..nice opp for a bounc eback from him

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Schnieder in there once again... give Marty some breathing room from that Yankee game....

THe win should've been in regulation but we take it.....

Now keep on winning!!!

Can't believe we're about 25 or so games left!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the new Stars unis, thoughts?

Im partial to mostly anything green so they're alright with me.

Always liked the old ones better though. Now THAT was a nice green.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love Marty, but the Devils prob need to go need to go 15-10-2 over the last 27. That gets them to 89 PTs. He'll ask to be traded, but If I'm coach Cory is starting every game from now until the Olympics. I guess if you're going to give Marty some starts it's good to get them done tomorrow and next week. Nash and Edmonton. That way it's against Western teams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No complaints from me..he stopped atleast 2 shots last night that probably get by Marty. As long as he feels good as has the stamina he should be playing every game from here on out.

Gelinas back to Albany though..I really dont understand what Lou is doing here. If Sal has zero value then trade Fayne. No reason why Gelinas shouldnt be playing.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No complaints from me..he stopped atleast 2 shots last night that probably get by Marty. As long as he feels good as has the stamina he should be playing every game from here on out.

Gelinas back to Albany though..I really dont understand what Lou is doing here. If Sal has zero value then trade Fayne. No reason why Gelinas shouldnt be playing.

I'm not sure how to take Gelinas being sent down. On one hand, you have to admit that defensively, he's 6th or 7th. Offensively, he's 2nd or 1st.

Brunner coming back hurt him a bit, because the Devils have been using him at one of the points on the PP, so

Elias, Zajac, Jagr, Brunner, Zids

Henrique, Ryder, Clowe, Greene, ??????

Who takes up that extra PP time?

Zubrus, JJ have taken some time on the PP, Bernier was earlier in the season, but isn't now.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gelinas, our only viable offensive threat from D, being sent down?

I agree he needs to work on his defense but i can chalk that up to inexperience n being a rookie type player... unlike some vets we have....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It would make more sense if he was eligible to play during Olympics, but he is not.
Even so, he is an important part of the team which is right now is desperate for points.
I don't agree.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Gelinas is that to me his offensive skill outweighs his defensive liabilities so much that I dont mind it too much. Sort of like how I feel about Zids.

If it wasnt so tough for us to generate chances and score goals I could see the team taking this type of approach with him. Obviously that isnt the case.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think this has anything to do with Olympic AHL eligibility either. As far as TG's reporting has led me to believe Gelly can't play in the AHL during the Olympics because he has spent too many days on NJ's roster. Lou said he would double check on that according to TGs twitter. This could simply be the Devils wanting to get Gelly in 2 games this weekend in Albany. Who knows.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything Lou says he makes it seems like he doesn't control the younger guys based on that..said the same thing when Boucher was sent down. Could be blowing smoke could be telling the truth. Who knows.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is a bogus call a dive and a penalty? I would love to hear Betman explain that.

The stars uni are great I love the green. I love anything away from black. Wish they had green helmets then it would sharp. Wish the devils would switch to red helmets I liked that look for the outdoor game. Keep the black but put a red helmet on.

I don't understand the gelinas move its fucking stupid. Salvador is beyond useless same with a train. Team needs goals bottom line anyway they can get them. Hell if gelinas doesn't have the thinking to chip it up to jagr in overtime there wouldn't be a penalty and wouldn't be the goal. Other teams seem perfectly fine playing their rookies letting them learn from their mistakes and grow. Us? We HAVE to make the playoffs this year to save lous ass for not giving up that draft pick. We also have to have salavador and a train out there because your really going to have 4+ million sitting on the bench? How would that look benching your captain on top of it?

I didn't get to see past the first period tonight but no surprise here. Who was the d pairing out there in the final min? I honestly dont know and asking legitimate.

I said it before I'm fine missing the playoffs this year. Just please can we unload what we can and get as many picks as possible.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sal and Volch were on the ice for that late 3rd goal.

The puck took a weird bounce off of the shooter stick, similar to what happened in Boston on Greene's goal off of Brunner's stick.

Really nothing Cory could've done. Legwand didnt have a man within 5 feet of him though. Just bad luck.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Volch got injured early on so he definitely wasn't out for the final goal. Sal was crosschecking a Pred in front of the goal so he wasn't really paying attention to what was going on.

You're right its some freak bounce that the puck ended up in the hands of the only guy on the other side of the ice while nobody was looking at him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right..I mistook Jagr for Volch on the replay. Greene was the other dman in there.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This season will be remembered for OT and shootout woes, and countless late 3rd period breakdowns.
The team just gives away points.