• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Read

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously history tells us sometimes trade downs work and other times they don't. Same for going BPA or need. But, sometimes you just need to listen to your scouts. If nothing else, listening to the scouts removes the "Jerry factor". Interesting thoughts here on how the 2009 draft could have gone differently.

STAR: 5 Years Later, Cowboys Still Learning From 2009 Draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft was pathetic. I realize the seahawks traded up and got out guy. I then wanted us to take loadholt. Looking back this draft was not very good talent wise,but there was still no excuse to keep trading back over and over again. Stephen Mcgee put up horrible stats in college and had an extremely slow release. A blind chimp could have done better at picking the players in that draft

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my god could you imagine Bowman & Lee on the field together!
but all I really got out of the article other than the mistakes they made skipping players, is don't move out of the 1st round. Cowboys suck with no 1st rounder. Honestly don't understand if #51 is your 1st pick why you would move back (unless it was a huge trade in your favor by a lot)

I think we have done ok when moving around in the 1st round. We could be the bills (Losman) or the Browns (Quinn) when they moved up to our spot in the 1st.

Wouldn't want to move up in this draft (in fact I rarely want too) because I wouldn't want to lose any 1st or 2nd day picks, but I think with how many players are in this draft worth having, moving back some would be okay & gain a couple picks in this deep draft.

Cant believe Wade screwed us out of Bowman, & he is suppose to be a defensive coach LOL