• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

good read by brooks

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Larry Brooks? Slap Shots: NHL salary cap rules will keep Chicago Blackhawks from retaining all its talented players - NYPOST.com

it makes sense both ways you look at it.

i get why people want to have big strong loaded teams and i get why you want to spread it around the nhl.

thing i dont get is they mention perry under the new cba is looking at a 7 year deal in the range of 10 million a year? WTF?!?!?!?!?!

ryan/getzlaf/perry are the ducks....I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DONT. but would it kill getzlaf or ryan to take a pay cut when their deals were up to make sure they can build a cup worthy team?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Brooks? Slap Shots: NHL salary cap rules will keep Chicago Blackhawks from retaining all its talented players - NYPOST.com

it makes sense both ways you look at it.

i get why people want to have big strong loaded teams and i get why you want to spread it around the nhl.

thing i dont get is they mention perry under the new cba is looking at a 7 year deal in the range of 10 million a year? WTF?!?!?!?!?!

ryan/getzlaf/perry are the ducks....I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DONT. but would it kill getzlaf or ryan to take a pay cut when their deals were up to make sure they can build a cup worthy team?

I guess that says a lot about the player. Are they more interested in the paycheck or winning? I give credit to Marty, if he wanted to for years he could've been the highest paid goaltender in the league, but he took less than market value so that there would be a better team in front of him. Tom Brady has done that for the Patriots.

Obviously he got huge money from the Rangers, but I also give credit to Brad Richards for declining multiple trades while he was with the Stars. His logic being, why would I want to go to a team that will be significantly weaker by obtaining me?