• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good read Browns' fans

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they try to sign big-name players like they did last year it won't work. The 49ers did not go that route.

The 49ers signed plenty of big name guys. The Browns didnt sign many big names guys last year so not sure what you mean. Sheldon Richardson? They TRADED for Odell.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers signed plenty of big name guys. The Browns didnt sign many big names guys last year so not sure what you mean. Sheldon Richardson? They TRADED for Odell.

The Browns were considered paper champions last offseason. SF did not sign grade A superstars last year. They signed players that were good but not elite.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will not read OP!

Bought into the hype machine last year about the Browns and they left egg on our face!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns are such a challenge for me personally. I have always rooted for them, anyone with a heart in their chest should feel for their great fan base who deserve better.

But this current team, with Mayfield, OBJ, and of course the lying excuse maker Myles Garrett has made them so unlikable I just can't root for them anymore.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to say it's the Browns so its never gonna happen, but in the NFL, you cannot say NEVER, besides the Eagles overachieved and won it all, so why can't the Browns overachieve?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, he won't

Do people not get a couple things with this report? First, no way to know if actually true. Second, if it is, there are some details missing. What was he offered? And how about the fact he has not signed anywhere yet? Maybe he's been told he can get more by teams if they are able to bring him in for a physical?

I get people want to rip on Cleveland whenever possible, but no need to resort to baseless stories to do it. There's enough factual info to use.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard that rumor too. Nothing really definite was said of why the reason might be he wouldn't sign with the Browns even if they offered more money. Hasn't his dilemma been more money? If the rumor is true that means he wants to win and get paid big...lol. I don't expect the Browns to get him but I also don't believe this rumor. Only time will tell with Clowney, I think he stays in Seattle

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do people not get a couple things with this report? First, no way to know if actually true. Second, if it is, there are some details missing. What was he offered? And how about the fact he has not signed anywhere yet? Maybe he's been told he can get more by teams if they are able to bring him in for a physical?

I get people want to rip on Cleveland whenever possible, but no need to resort to baseless stories to do it. There's enough factual info to use.

Sports reports right or wrong are all we have to go by most of the time. I usually take them with a grain of salt.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports reports right or wrong are all we have to go by most of the time. I usually take them with a grain of salt.
I'm not implying we shouldn't show these reports when we see them. Especially now with no real sports going on.

Guessing many like you (and me) that take them with a grain of salt, but there are some who will treat them as gospel. I've even seen fans get mad at their team over a rumor that hadn't even happened.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is what I saw.
Also I dont take this as a dig on the Browns. I take this as Clowney thinking he is worth more than he is.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns have offered "the most money to date" to free agent Jadeveon Clowney.
"It's the richest offer on the table and he hasn't taken it," Schefter said in an appearance on The Next Level with ESPN Cleveland. "So why is that? I don't know. Is that not wanting to be in that city? Is that a lack of belief in the organization? I don't know what it is. But there's no doubt Cleveland has offered the most money to date." It's possible the 27-year-old free agent is simply holding out until players report for camp before signing. Whatever the case, Clowney has reportedly received "multiple" offers from the Browns, Titans, and Seahawks and has not agreed to any. We would expect this drama to end in the early summer.

I think all of this will bite him in the ass in the long run.
BTW I wouldnt want an expensive Clowney on the team anyways.
This might be a blessing in disguise

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not implying we shouldn't show these reports when we see them. Especially now with no real sports going on.

Guessing many like you (and me) that take them with a grain of salt, but there are some who will treat them as gospel. I've even seen fans get mad at their team over a rumor that hadn't even happened.
Most are written as click bait, and provide troll material.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a ton of cap to make moves in the upcoming years and to sign their young stars but it still all depends on Mayfield and this coaching staff. If he has a great year, the future is bright....if he has minimal improvement or another down year, all for nothing imo.

Great post....We could've stopped the thread here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what I saw.
Also I dont take this as a dig on the Browns. I take this as Clowney thinking he is worth more than he is.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns have offered "the most money to date" to free agent Jadeveon Clowney.
"It's the richest offer on the table and he hasn't taken it," Schefter said in an appearance on The Next Level with ESPN Cleveland. "So why is that? I don't know. Is that not wanting to be in that city? Is that a lack of belief in the organization? I don't know what it is. But there's no doubt Cleveland has offered the most money to date." It's possible the 27-year-old free agent is simply holding out until players report for camp before signing. Whatever the case, Clowney has reportedly received "multiple" offers from the Browns, Titans, and Seahawks and has not agreed to any. We would expect this drama to end in the early summer.

I wouldn't want him on a long-term deal, that's for sure. I think he is just taking his time...I thing I really want to know is if he's had a physical yet. If not, that could be what we are waiting on and he is milking the clock. I don't think this will backfire too much bc I think he is guaranteed $15M a year from those rumored offers but this could backfire if he does truly want more.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what I saw.

To this in bold...it doesn't matter what Clowney thinks...the NFL market has already told Clowney he's not worth what he and his agent thought he was.

My guess is now that he realizes his market will not be X number, he probably wants CLE money on a more playoff ready team than what CLE is now. He likely take less to stay in SEA....that door seems to still be cracked open.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this in bold...it doesn't matter what Clowney thinks...the NFL market has already told Clowney he's not worth what he and his agent thought he was.

My guess is now that he realizes his market will not be X number, he probably wants CLE money on a more playoff ready team than what CLE is now. He likely take less to stay in SEA....that door seems to still be cracked open.
but are we sure the hawks havent soured on Clowney by this point?
I honestly dont see him being a Seahawk this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but are we sure the hawks havent soured on Clowney by this point?
I honestly dont see him being a Seahawk this season.

Maybe not, but I think they (SEA) knew all along he was a possible one yr rental and were probably okay it. They didn't make some huge push to keep him off the open market...they gave him their number and basically said...see what you can get on the open market.

A least publicly it doesn't seem like they have moved on....sounds like their number is still on the table.

Could be wrong.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not, but I think they (SEA) knew all along he was a possible one yr rental and were probably okay it. They didn't make some huge push to keep him off the open market...they gave him their number and basically said...see what you can get on the open market.

A least publicly it doesn't seem like they have moved on....sounds like their number is still on the table.

Could be wrong.
I think you are right.
The Seahawks I believe are in never say never mode, but also I believe they gave him their perimeters & Someone will pay him more than that.
So while publicly they are still open to him returning. I am pretty confident both knows he wont.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns talking about rebuilding:

baker-mayfield-gq-september-2019-02.jpg

Browns talking after playing actual NFL games:

fcc1b3a3fa26e5e3a23f1dd368191bd0