• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good news on Braylon

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am excited to have Braylon back, but I hope we don't 'need' him to win Sunday. I am hoping to see more Ginn & Williams than Edwards & Crabtree.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am excited to have Braylon back, but I hope we don't 'need' him to win Sunday. I am hoping to see more Ginn & Williams than Edwards & Crabtree.

More Ginn works for me..... it's not like i just added him to my fantasy team this week or anything.....

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Edwards is the only WR we have that has the potential to be a #1 WR that you can use in the same phrase with guys like Calvin, Andre Johnson, Jennings, etc.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
More Ginn works for me..... it's not like i just added him to my fantasy team this week or anything.....

Perfect! Then more Ginn it is! I am a big fan of practice competition, but game time competition is what tells the real and whole story of how and whether a player can rise to the occasion.

Last week Crabtree had (I think) 15 targets, this week I would like to see Crabtree receive less than 1/2 of that number of targets with the opportunity to be twice as productive and send the other 8-9 targets toward Ginn & Williams.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect! Then more Ginn it is! I am a big fan of practice competition, but game time competition is what tells the real and whole story of how and whether a player can rise to the occasion.

Last week Crabtree had (I think) 15 targets, this week I would like to see Crabtree receive less than 1/2 of that number of targets with the opportunity to be twice as productive and send the other 8-9 targets toward Ginn & Williams.

Yes yes... give Ginn the ball....(KO for TD would be cool too)

Definitely want to see KW get more looks as well, for situations like we are currently in(no Morgan and Edwards), KW has a chance to step up and strengthen our depth at WR.... Ginn is the money ball downfield.

I also hope Edwards finishes the game healthy!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes yes... give Ginn the ball....(KO for TD would be cool too)

Definitely want to see KW get more looks as well, for situations like we are currently in(no Morgan and Edwards), KW has a chance to step up and strengthen our depth at WR.... Ginn is the money ball downfield.

I also hope Edwards finishes the game healthy!

There it is right there! That is always my worry when players come back from a knee injury, not that the body hasn't healed, but rather the mind hasn't and that can lead to re-injury or a different injury.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, darn. Another week of being anxious with the high amount of Smith to Crabtree passes.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harbs is gaming. Maiocco still expects Edwards to play.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Harbs is gaming. Maiocco still expects Edwards to play.

Haha, we are getting to know our coach, aren't we. I am thinking you may be right. Perhaps he'll be available on an 'as or if needed' basis.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They" think he was referring more to Norris than Edwards.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats fine but don't forget about 85.

I haven't, they just throw the ball to Crabtree more often. According to ESPN he has been targeted 37 times compared to VD's 28 targets. I'm not trying to be a negative nelly, it's just that I get nervous with Crabtree as the top target because it hasn't worked out that well this season and last... it leads to interceptions and missed opportunities for touchdowns.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't, they just throw the ball to Crabtree more often. According to ESPN he has been targeted 37 times compared to VD's 28 targets. I'm not trying to be a negative nelly, it's just that I get nervous with Crabtree as the top target because it hasn't worked out that well this season and last... it leads to interceptions and missed opportunities for touchdowns.

I am 100% on the same page. Crabtree has given me little reason to have faith that he will develop beyond that of an average WR; but, I do hope I am wrong.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It sounds like Edwards is healthy but a little behind on conditioning so my guess is he'll play but he probably won't be out there every play and he'll rotate in to keep fresh.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braylon Edwards (knee surgery) participated in 49ers practice for the second straight day Wednesday.
Obviously good news, but coach Jim Harbaugh has stopped well short of guaranteeing Edwards will be available against the Browns this weekend, saying only his would-be No. 1 receiver is day-to-day. How Edwards bounces back from today's more strenuous practice and fares on Thursday should go a long way toward determining if he's active for the first time since Week 2 on Sunday.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 100% on the same page. Crabtree has given me little reason to have faith that he will develop beyond that of an average WR; but, I do hope I am wrong.

I think he has the tools to be an above average WR, a good possession receiver. However, he has shown exactly zero willingness to establish a rapport with Smith in TC which I think has severely limited his effectiveness because it makes Smith guess where he breaks routes off as opposed to being able to throw it blindly to where he KNOWS his WR will be. Case in point, where Crabtree ran a route like 8 yds shorter then he was supposed to and Smith ended up airmailing it. I believe the color guy pointed that out in the last game. Was it Billick? Either way, I just don't think he is truly committed to becoming better based on his TC antics. If you watch VD and AS, they seem to be on the same page and throws are made in tight spaces before VD turns his head or finishes his route. I don't see those same throws with Crabtree.

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Still not convinced Crabtree was off on his route on that one. Smith threw that ball at least 10 yards downfield of Crabtree. If Crabtree was supposed to be that deep, then Smith should have waited longer to throw that ball- no way could Crabtree have been 10 yards deeper at the time Smith threw it.

So maybe Crabtree ran the wrong route, but either way Smith's timing and depth on his throw just don't match up.