• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good Luck Marco Bad Motor Scooter Scutaro

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants released him today. I just wanted to thank him for helping bring home that 2012 WS Championship and his outstanding play during the playoffs. He was truly awesome. I wish him the best and I would love to see him stay in the organization in some capacity going forward. Thanks go out to the Bad motor scooter Scutaro.My favorite memory is him at second base in the rain in Game 7 of the NLCS with his arms straight out to his sides looking up towards the heavens. Awesome.

on youtube...cool video

Bad Motor Scooter - Montrose

posted by jimischild13

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta figure he requested this. He knows his back is done and he doesn't want to go through the professional rehab process.

2012 was in the bank. The Giants paid 18M for 3/4 of an all-star season in a non-playoff year.

Good Giant. Bad resign.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta figure he requested this. He knows his back is done and he doesn't want to go through the professional rehab process.

2012 was in the bank. The Giants paid 18M for 3/4 of an all-star season in a non-playoff year.

Good Giant. Bad resign.

I agree with much of what you said. We did overpay - three years was nuts.

But remember at the time, he was a playoff hero, we won WSC2, and there were few alternatives. We needed a 2B, and there weren't many choices. Not all of Sabean's moves work out.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with much of what you said. We did overpay - three years was nuts.

But remember at the time, he was a playoff hero, we won WSC2, and there were few alternatives. We needed a 2B, and there weren't many choices. Not all of Sabean's moves work out.

:agree:

Hindsight is 20/20, not all of ANYONE's moves work out.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty vocal about it being a stupid, bad contract (too much money, too many years).

"Pay them for what they did" is a really stupid way to do business.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pretty vocal about it being a stupid, bad contract (too much money, too many years).

At the same time it sets the precedent that if you do well by the org, the org will more than do good by you.

Yes. The game is a business. But if it becomes more, something special is created. Without all those guys going that extra mile for each other, I am not sure we have even 1 ring, let alone 3. And I think that suture starts at the top.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the same time it sets the precedent that if you do well by the org, the org will more than do good by you.

Yes. The game is a business. But if it becomes more, something special is created. Without all those guys going that extra mile for each other, I am not sure we have even 1 ring, let alone 3. And I think that suture starts at the top.

:nod:

Pretty much my take too...it's gotta be about something more than numbers and dollars. Good karma, baseball gods, whatever you call it...this team has intangibles that turn into championships.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Marco's not 'wrong', that was obviously not Sabean's best move ever.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. So much this.

:agree:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is why I still really like Pablo Sandoval, and hope he kicks ass wherever he plays. I guess unless he makes his way back to the NL West. But let's be honest he's AL for life now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I still really like Pablo Sandoval, and hope he kicks ass wherever he plays. I guess unless he makes his way back to the NL West. But let's be honest he's AL for life now.

I am not sure where I sit regarding Sandoval right now.

He was a fun Giant, but he always had a lot of warts that extremely aggravated all of us. Then, hearing that he gave a different team the "home team discount" leads to more feelings of "so long, sucker".

To me, "Panda" is dead. Not that he is "dead to me now", but more that he "has passed on". When I refer to him from here on out, he is "Pablo Sandoval", not "Panda".

I think right now, he is my most recent ex-girlfriend. I am not quite ready to make nice with him, but I know that eventually, we can be friends.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I agree that the Scutaro was not a "HR" move by Sabean, on it's own. I am a HUGE Sabean supporter, but that does not mean that EVERY move he makes is going to pay off.

Scutaro resigning
Sanchez resigning
Huff resigning
Timmeh contracts
Zito
Rowand
DeRosa
Mig-E-6 Teh Nada
Beltran
etc
etc
etc

But he gets the results, and he has hit some HUGE HRs...

Burrell
Huff
Franchez trade
Durty trade
Pagan trade
Peavy trade
Scutaro trade
Affeldt
Bochy hiring
KCYa dumpster dive
Petit dumpster dive
etc
etc
etc

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, I agree that the Scutaro was not a "HR" move by Sabean, on it's own. I am a HUGE Sabean supporter, but that does not mean that EVERY move he makes is going to pay off.

Scutaro resigning
Sanchez resigning
Huff resigning
Timmeh contracts
Zito
Rowand
DeRosa
Mig-E-6 Teh Nada
Beltran
etc
etc
etc

But he gets the results, and he has hit some HUGE HRs...

Burrell
Huff
Franchez trade
Durty trade
Pagan trade
Peavy trade
Scutaro trade
Affeldt
Bochy hiring
KCYa dumpster dive
Petit dumpster dive
etc
etc
etc

Good representative list.

Not to rehash history, but I don't think the Zito contract can be totally laid at Sabey Sabes' feet, can it? Wasn't this more a management "we want to make a splash" deal?

:deadhorse:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good representative list.

Not to rehash history, but I don't think the Zito contract can be totally laid at Sabey Sabes' feet, can it? Wasn't this more a management "we want to make a splash" deal?

:deadhorse:

The Zito contract lies squarely at Magowan's feet. I remember hearing Magowan say during an interview on KNBR that Zito was *his* call, and definitely NOT Sabean's (this was the off-season AFTER he was signed after Zito's first horrid season with the Giants).

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as much as they seem to like winning rings

Yeah. Win a ring, bring back more-or-less the same team by over-paying a few guys, miss it the next year, then up the salary spending to bring in new blood while paying 10s of millions to players who aren't performing, and the fairy godmother waves her wand and spread pixie dust on the team so that they win it the year after.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, ummm...

SF-Giants-Trophy-tour.jpg

...what?

:yahoo: