• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good draft for Rams next year

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins pick #7 and Rams with #11.

We gave up a lot for RG3. If RG3 was fully healthy I would say it was a good trade but now that he isn't 100% and the lose of picks that could have helped our o-line makes me rethink if this was win or lose for us.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the rams can trade up and take a QB considering Bradford cant stay healthy and costs a mint.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins pick #7 and Rams with #11.

We gave up a lot for RG3. If RG3 was fully healthy I would say it was a good trade but now that he isn't 100% and the lose of picks that could have helped our o-line makes me rethink if this was win or lose for us.

Ritz, its just too early to tell. RG3 is just now getting back to the playing level of last year. You need to remember how good he was last year. There is no reason why he can't play to that level, and above, again. We are now asking of him to play the position like he never has before. He never had to go through reads or progressions in college or last year. SO this is all new to him and he has had no preseason or offseason to really work on it. But the guy is highly intelligent and is an athletic freak. I have no concern that he can get there, except one. Can he stay healthy? For this to happen, he needs to take better care of himself by avoiding contact and the team needs to take better care of him by surrounding him with better protection and calling plays that minimize his exposure.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the rams can trade up and take a QB considering Bradford cant stay healthy and costs a mint.

i doubt we trade up, taking a qb possibly. but i doubt we trade up. Most fans are targeting an OL and WR.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe with the picks we gave up for RG3, we would have drafted OL? Not even close.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you believe with the picks we gave up for RG3, we would have drafted OL? Not even close.

Yes we would have used at least 1 of the picks on a o-lineman. Im not saying it was a horrible trade and I LOVE RG3 but let me ask you guys this question:

Would you rather have Cousins, 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick or RG3 who is recovering from knee surgery?

3 first round picks = 1 OL, 1 CB, 1 LB
1 second rd pick = WR
Cousins

Once again its to early to tell how RG3 will be but without a good O-Line his risk of getting hurt again goes way up.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take RG3. He can be a transformational player when healthy. His struggles this year are related directly to the fact he is coming off of a devastating injury, rushed back too soon, and had no off season to improve his game. If used correctly, he is heads and tails more effective than Cousins.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we would have used at least 1 of the picks on a o-lineman. Im not saying it was a horrible trade and I LOVE RG3 but let me ask you guys this question:

Would you rather have Cousins, 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick or RG3 who is recovering from knee surgery?

1 second rd pick = WR
Cousins

Once again its to early to tell how RG3 will be but without a good O-Line his risk of getting hurt again goes way up.

no i wouldnt want cousins and the picks

i wont nor should anyone give up on RG3 after 24 careers starts

the guy is dynamic in the end this works out for us

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 second rd pick = WR
Cousins

There is no way we would have used a first on an OL in those drafts. There is no way we would have used the second in 2012 on an OL either.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again I am not saying the trade was bad or that I wish we didn't take RG3 but looking back I can see a argument where we could have used our 2012-1st rd pick on ILB Kuechly, 2nd rd on CB Jenkins and 3rd rd taken QB Wilson. 2013 with our 1st rd we could have gotten WR Patterson or someone else. You are correct I didn't see any O-lineman worth taken where we would have drafted.

Its all a big "IF". If we didn't take RG3 what would we have done, IF RG3 didn't get hurt, IF Barkley didn't go back to college, IF we didn't get hit with salary cap penalty.

This year the trade didn't sting that much because it was a late pick in the draft but next year it might sting a lot if its a top 5-8 pick.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we didnt trade for rg3 wouldnt we have drafted weeden or tanny? ill take rg3

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we didnt trade for rg3 wouldnt we have drafted weeden or tanny? ill take rg3

Looking back at we would have taken Wilson knowing what we know now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Problem is we didnt know then what we know now. And honestly I think Wilson would get killed with the defense we have because I think we would still be playing catchup and allowing teams to tee off on the QB.

Had we not traded up, odds are we would have taken Tannehill (which I would not have considered a bad move), but we could have filled atleast one O-line or ILB spot.

Hind site is always 20/20. But I think Wilson is a product of the team he is on and long term RG3 will be better. The factr that we are even marginally competitive with a 20% salary cap handicap is a testament to us going in the right direction. Realistically of the six games we have lost, three have been by more than a score. Add in a good bounce in the other three, and we are not nearly as bad as our record would indicate.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if wilson were sitting there when we picked cousins i bet we pick wilson

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Im on the wrong board.

I'll admit that I actually liked Cousins more than Wilson at the time of the draft because I thought Drew Brees was a one in a million kind of prospect and you really couldn't have another short player succeed at QB without a perfect storm.

Would you guys be better with Kuechly, Jenkins, Cousins and a 1st round pick in the next draft? Short term? Yes. Long term? No. You'd need a QB better than Cousins to win a Super Bowl. RG3 can get healthy, better, and learn to avoid hits.