• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good, Bad, and Ugly

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A ton of tremendous positives from this season that go without saying starting with Dak and Zeke. However, this team is still challenged on defense. No pass rush again and our top picks at the position are better at smoking pot and getting suspended than getting at the QB . Wasted season in my opinion and while there are a number of reasons to be optimistic including a potential top 5 pick in Smith rehabbing, there are equal reasons to be pessimistic. We will lose a ton of players in free agency. Based on missed plays, drops, and missed assignments in just this game, I say we can probably say good bye to a number of players.

Garret and Co were 0-2 coming off bye weeks on a team that was 13-2 otherwise. We likely gave away at least 10 points due to penalties caused by poor coaching and defensive substitutions (see unsportsmanlike on Butler that cost us 7 or at least 3) and then the 3rd and 5 conversion early on because we tried to substitute on Rodgers. Time management again an issue down the stretch with the spike. Garrett never learns even with a loaded and charmed team. He is who he is....and Marinelli's guys just work hard but since he has been here have never made a key play in a crucial game. Not being bitter, just reality. He gets second tier players to hustle but they don't make plays in big games. They just give them up.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ton of tremendous positives from this season that go without saying starting with Dak and Zeke. However, this team is still challenged on defense. No pass rush again and our top picks at the position are better at smoking pot and getting suspended than getting at the QB . Wasted season in my opinion and while there are a number of reasons to be optimistic including a potential top 5 pick in Smith rehabbing, there are equal reasons to be pessimistic. We will lose a ton of players in free agency. Based on missed plays, drops, and missed assignments in just this game, I say we can probably say good bye to a number of players.

Garret and Co were 0-2 coming off bye weeks on a team that was 13-2 otherwise. We likely gave away at least 10 points due to penalties caused by poor coaching and defensive substitutions (see unsportsmanlike on Butler that cost us 7 or at least 3) and then the 3rd and 5 conversion early on because we tried to substitute on Rodgers. Time management again an issue down the stretch with the spike. Garrett never learns even with a loaded and charmed team. He is who he is....and Marinelli's guys just work hard but since he has been here have never made a key play in a crucial game. Not being bitter, just reality. He gets second tier players to hustle but they don't make plays in big games. They just give them up.
I think the Cowboys have done a tremendous job of building through the draft, and have a chance to be a dominant team for years IF they can find a pass rush. Jaylon Smith coming back would be unbelievable, but this team really needs a great pass rusher. If they only spent money on one FA, but it were someone who could generate real consistent pressure, it might elevate the other players on a hard working DLine

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will just say the better team got beat today. Not a shot at GB at all. They just couldn't stop us. We stopped ourselves. The Pack are banged up. They do have the best player though and it showed.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I will just say the better team got beat today. Not a shot at GB at all. They just couldn't stop us. We stopped ourselves. The Pack are banged up. They do have the best player though and it showed.

Well said. Rodgers won it, but Garrett and his coaches helped. We went with a 3 man rush on 3rd and 20 with 16 seconds left and them just needing 30 yards to get in field goal range.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. Rodgers won it, but Garrett and his coaches helped. We went with a 3 man rush on 3rd and 20 with 16 seconds left and them just needing 30 yards to get in field goal range.
I do agree I hated that. The only success we had with the pass rush was bringing pressure. I'd rather have pressed them and given up a quick hitter.
One call I hated on offense was the picked off wr screen. That's on the play caller to me. After a 9 yard run, why not keep running it down their throats till they stop it? That said, if you knock the bad calls, you have to give credit for a lot of great ones too

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree I hated that. The only success we had with the pass rush was bringing pressure. I'd rather have pressed them and given up a quick hitter.
One call I hated on offense was the picked off wr screen. That's on the play caller to me. After a 9 yard run, why not keep running it down their throats till they stop it? That said, if you knock the bad calls, you have to give credit for a lot of great ones too

Garrett said after the game that it was an RPO- run pass option.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on Twitter that when it was 21-3, Romo started throwing on sideline. Can't believe Fox didn't show this or Garrett wasn't asked about it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read on Twitter that when it was 21-3, Romo started throwing on sideline. Can't believe Fox didn't show this or Garrett wasn't asked about it.

JJ said before the game it was a possibility but Romo was either throwing on his own or twitter is full of shit. I posted on the game thread that Romo threw his clipboard when Dak threw the TD to make it 21-10

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really threw the clip board?? Ed Werder said it on Twitter that both he and Dak were throwing on the sideline

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about yall but I feel like you can point this loss at both the OC and the DC. I think I dont need to explain my self with the OC. DC waited until the second half to blitz and mix up coverages. We all no we have no pass rush. You cant let Rogers be that comfortable in the pocket. On a side not I think Jones probably had his worse game of the season. On that last play then cook got open he crossed his spot in the zone. He just let him run by.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about yall but I feel like you can point this loss at both the OC and the DC. I think I dont need to explain my self with the OC. DC waited until the second half to blitz and mix up coverages. We all no we have no pass rush. You cant let Rogers be that comfortable in the pocket. On a side not I think Jones probably had his worse game of the season. On that last play then cook got open he crossed his spot in the zone. He just let him run by.
Rodgers carved the D up like a turkey until we started bringing the heat. Then we go 3 man rush on the last play, let Rodgers outside the pocket and allowed Cook time to run that deep cross. That wasn't luck, it was design.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys player on the loss to Packers: We couldn't beat the officials
Were the Cowboys going up against two opponents on Sunday?

One of the most perplexing calls during the Cowboys' 34-31 loss to the Packers on Sunday came in the first half when Cowboys wide receiver Brice Butler was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

TV schedule
If you didn't watch the game and heard that Butler got flagged for that, you'd probably assume he got into a scuffle or pushed another players, but that's not what happened at all. The Cowboys were penalized 15 yards on the play because Butler violated a little-known substitution rule.

When an offensive player enters the huddle, he has to participate in a play or else it's a penalty. During the Cowboys' second offensive series against the Packers, Butler [19] was flagged for doing what you see below.

The penalty was a devastating one for the Cowboys because it nullified a 22-yard gain by Terrance Williams. Instead of getting the ball on the Packers' 15-yard line, the Cowboys had to run their next play from their own 48.

Following the game, Butler was less than thrilled with the penalty, and the refs in general.

"Never heard of it in my life," Butler said, via the Dallas Morning News. "[We] couldn't beat the stripes. You can quote me on that."

A lot of Cowboys fans actually feel the same way as Butler. After the game, many Cowboys fans took to Twitter to point out all the bad no-calls that went in favor of the Packers.

For instance, on the Packers' final offensive play, you could probably argue that offensive lineman T.J. Lang held Cowboys' defensive lineman David Irving.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/15/14280338/brice-butler-unsportsmanlike-conduct-packers-vs-cowboys?utm_campaign=sbnation.social&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sbnation&utm_source=twitter …

On a different play, the refs said that Jason Witten got his feet tangled with a Green Bay player even though that didn't appear to be the case.

@jasonilluminate
Cowboys fans would probably just have no officials on the field if they ever face the Packers in the playoffs ever again. Besides this game, you also had the "Dez caught it" game after the 2014 season that was won by the Packers after officials overruled a Dez Bryant catch.

As for the crazy penalty on Butler, referee Tony Corrente was asked about that following the game.

"They brought in a two-receiver set on a substitution, and [Butler] was one of those two players and came into the huddle, stayed in the huddle, then departed," Corrente said in his pool report. "He was substituted for. He has to stay either in the game or they can call a timeout and get out of it. Of course, he went out. It's not an obscure rule, it's just part of the substitution mechanics and part of the substitution rule."

Cowboys fans probably aren't going to buy the explanation.

Cowboys didnt execute but the idiots in the stripes didnt help their cause

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys player on the loss to Packers: We couldn't beat the officials
Were the Cowboys going up against two opponents on Sunday?

One of the most perplexing calls during the Cowboys' 34-31 loss to the Packers on Sunday came in the first half when Cowboys wide receiver Brice Butler was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

TV schedule
If you didn't watch the game and heard that Butler got flagged for that, you'd probably assume he got into a scuffle or pushed another players, but that's not what happened at all. The Cowboys were penalized 15 yards on the play because Butler violated a little-known substitution rule.

When an offensive player enters the huddle, he has to participate in a play or else it's a penalty. During the Cowboys' second offensive series against the Packers, Butler [19] was flagged for doing what you see below.

The penalty was a devastating one for the Cowboys because it nullified a 22-yard gain by Terrance Williams. Instead of getting the ball on the Packers' 15-yard line, the Cowboys had to run their next play from their own 48.

Following the game, Butler was less than thrilled with the penalty, and the refs in general.

"Never heard of it in my life," Butler said, via the Dallas Morning News. "[We] couldn't beat the stripes. You can quote me on that."

A lot of Cowboys fans actually feel the same way as Butler. After the game, many Cowboys fans took to Twitter to point out all the bad no-calls that went in favor of the Packers.

For instance, on the Packers' final offensive play, you could probably argue that offensive lineman T.J. Lang held Cowboys' defensive lineman David Irving.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/15/14280338/brice-butler-unsportsmanlike-conduct-packers-vs-cowboys?utm_campaign=sbnation.social&utm_medium=social&utm_content=sbnation&utm_source=twitter …

On a different play, the refs said that Jason Witten got his feet tangled with a Green Bay player even though that didn't appear to be the case.

@jasonilluminate
Cowboys fans would probably just have no officials on the field if they ever face the Packers in the playoffs ever again. Besides this game, you also had the "Dez caught it" game after the 2014 season that was won by the Packers after officials overruled a Dez Bryant catch.

As for the crazy penalty on Butler, referee Tony Corrente was asked about that following the game.

"They brought in a two-receiver set on a substitution, and [Butler] was one of those two players and came into the huddle, stayed in the huddle, then departed," Corrente said in his pool report. "He was substituted for. He has to stay either in the game or they can call a timeout and get out of it. Of course, he went out. It's not an obscure rule, it's just part of the substitution mechanics and part of the substitution rule."

Cowboys fans probably aren't going to buy the explanation.

Cowboys didnt execute but the idiots in the stripes didnt help their cause
Someone should tell Butler the Cowboys might have won had he caught the ball in the end zone that Dak put right in his hands..

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should tell Butler the Cowboys might have won had he caught the ball in the end zone that Dak put right in his hands..

Great throw, Butler maybe a 5th receiver option to me?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great throw, Butler maybe a 5th receiver option to me?
Maybe. I saw something this morning talking about what if the Cowboys signed a legit upgrade at #2 WR in FA. There are some intriguing names out there. TWill is a good #4 to me

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I saw something this morning talking about what if the Cowboys signed a legit upgrade at #2 WR in FA. There are some intriguing names out there. TWill is a good #4 to me

Intriguing for sure. I agree on Twill, the "body catcher"!