• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golovkin Will Fight Rubio Oct. 18th

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If GGG keeps it up he will see big name fights. I would like to see him go up against JCC Jr next.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If GGG keeps it up he will see big name fights. I would like to see him go up against JCC Jr next.

Chavez bailed on the fight. They were gonna fight, when GGG put stipulations that he couldn't be a cruiserweight when they fought or it would would cost him. He bailed from the fight. many fighters said JCC jr would have no business being in the ring with GGG. He would just end up in the hospital.
JCC jr has been successful because he is so much bigger & stronger than those he fights. His skill is left lacking.

When the rumor of them fighting came about I was very happy for GGG, but JCC jr backed out of the fight instead of paying money for not making weight.

Julio Caesar Chavez Sr. was one of my all time favorite fighters, but his son is not the same type of guy.

Just like Martinez, GGG would have to much skill for Jr.

Jr. is left wanting (Lack of skills)

Cant outmuscle strong fighters.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chavez bailed on the fight. They were gonna fight, when GGG put stipulations that he couldn't be a cruiserweight when they fought or it would would cost him. He bailed from the fight. many fighters said JCC jr would have no business being in the ring with GGG. He would just end up in the hospital.
JCC jr has been successful because he is so much bigger & stronger than those he fights. His skill is left lacking.

When the rumor of them fighting came about I was very happy for GGG, but JCC jr backed out of the fight instead of paying money for not making weight.

Julio Caesar Chavez Sr. was one of my all time favorite fighters, but his son is not the same type of guy.

Just like Martinez, GGG would have to much skill for Jr.

Jr. is left wanting (Lack of skills)

Cant outmuscle strong fighters.

Yeah, can't say I disagree with your analysis of Jr. It frustrating to watch him fight sometimes because he has more potential then what he displays.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio wanted absolutely nothing to do with GGG. Good news is that Gennady is now mandatory challenger for the winner of Cotto View Canelo. They will have to abandon the belt or fight him. I can see Cotto abandoning if he gets by Alverez, but not the other way around. Also Peter Quillon just abandoned his title basically because Al Heymon told him to, which is another belt out of Heymon control. And Jermaine Taylor just took another belt off Sam Sollivan, who was hiding out protecting that belt. So that kind of puts the 4th belt in the mix, although Heymon will probably feed Taylor to another of his fighters, maybe back to Quillon.

In other words, it is very possible that within the next year either Canelo or Golovkin will unify the belts. I gotta believe that would be Golovkin, which means within 2 years it is very possible to see him fighting 3 or maybe 4 of the top p4p guys 8 the sport. (Canelo/Cotto, Quillon, and maybe Andrade) and then moving on to fight Ward at 168.

It's been a long time since we have seen that many good fights, but the stars are finally aligning.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio wanted absolutely nothing to do with GGG. Good news is that Gennady is now mandatory challenger for the winner of Cotto View Canelo. They will have to abandon the belt or fight him. I can see Cotto abandoning if he gets by Alverez, but not the other way around. Also Peter Quillon just abandoned his title basically because Al Heymon told him to, which is another belt out of Heymon control. And Jermaine Taylor just took another belt off Sam Sollivan, who was hiding out protecting that belt. So that kind of puts the 4th belt in the mix, although Heymon will probably feed Taylor to another of his fighters, maybe back to Quillon.

In other words, it is very possible that within the next year either Canelo or Golovkin will unify the belts. I gotta believe that would be Golovkin, which means within 2 years it is very possible to see him fighting 3 or maybe 4 of the top p4p guys 8 the sport. (Canelo/Cotto, Quillon, and maybe Andrade) and then moving on to fight Ward at 168.

It's been a long time since we have seen that many good fights, but the stars are finally aligning.
I didn't know the winner of canelo & Cotto is a mandatory fight against GGG. if so that would be awesome.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know the winner of canelo & Cotto is a mandatory fight against GGG. if so that would be awesome.

That's why he fought Rubio. Rubio had the interim belt and was a mandatory challenger for Sergio Martinez for the belt. But they paid him money to agree to step aside so Martinez could fight Cotto for much more money. Then the winner would get one voluntary fight before he has to fight the interim belt holder. The voluntary fight is Cotto vs Canelo, and now GGG is the interim beltholder. Obviously they don't HAVE to fight him, only if they want to hold onto the Middleweight title belt.

It makes it harder to duck him now, but not impossible. In other words, maybe we can cross our fingers now, but nobody should be holding their breath.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why he fought Rubio. Rubio had the interim belt and was a mandatory challenger for Sergio Martinez for the belt. But they paid him money to agree to step aside so Martinez could fight Cotto for much more money. Then the winner would get one voluntary fight before he has to fight the interim belt holder. The voluntary fight is Cotto vs Canelo, and now GGG is the interim beltholder. Obviously they don't HAVE to fight him, only if they want to hold onto the Middleweight title belt.

It makes it harder to duck him now, but not impossible. In other words, maybe we can cross our fingers now, but nobody should be holding their breath.

hey I have been waiting awhile for one of the big names to grow balls. Hopefully next year some time he gets to fight one of the big names.