• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Golden State making moves

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance , Klay , Barnes and Seth are currently untouchable
That was when I thought Howard was still considering GSW. I still think that out of the 3 he is the most expendable.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy is not a star player. At best he is a solid role player.

They took a step backwards this offseason. If they would've kept either Landry or Jack while acquiring iggy, I would've said they took a step forward.

Jack and Landry was big time for them

Iggy is a star player and was the best defensive wing in the NBA. He was 13th in the whole NBA in terms of points per 100 possesions. He made the team 6 points better when he was on the floor. A BIG reason why Denver was the 3rd seed.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy is a star player and was the best defensive wing in the NBA. He was 13th in the whole NBA in terms of points per 100 possesions. He made the team 6 points better when he was on the floor. A BIG reason why Denver was the 3rd seed.

Iggy is absolutely not a star player. He is a very good player. But he isn't a star. Stars are Lebron, Kobe, Carmello, Durant, etc. Iggy isn't in that group.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy is absolutely not a star player. He is a very good player. But he isn't a star. Stars are Lebron, Kobe, Carmello, Durant, etc. Iggy isn't in that group.

I'm not talking about Superstar. I'm talking all star player

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI is a star but he is not a superstar.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't an all star anymore either. He is a very good player. A great defender and an ok offensive player. but he isn't a star.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't an all star anymore either. He is a very good player. A great defender and an ok offensive player. but he isn't a star.

Yeah he isn't a star. He used to be a borderline star maybe 4 or 5 years with the sixers.

He is honestly GSW 4th best option on offense and he is a good defensive player. Sounds like a typical role player.

Curry, Lee, and Barnes are all better options....You can even make a case for Klay as well so he very possibly is their 5th offensive option.

Iggy is going to be Iggy. Avg 12-14 PPG, play solid defense, and be a shitty ft shooter

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about Superstar. I'm talking all star player

If he is a star, we honestly have over 100 players who are stars without a doubt.

GSW is not as good as they were last year. They're going to be kicking themselves for losing both Jack and Landry.

I didn't mind the AI deal if it meant they were bringing one of those guys back or trading for Dwight. But to sign him and lose 3 critical role players and 5 players overall is just stupid.

It was bad enough that they overpaid for him but to lose 5 players just to clear room up for him is beyond stupid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Smith is more of a star IMO and he's not close to being a star either.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is a star, we honestly have over 100 players who are stars without a doubt.

GSW is not as good as they were last year. They're going to be kicking themselves for losing both Jack and Landry.

I didn't mind the AI deal if it meant they were bringing one of those guys back or trading for Dwight. But to sign him and lose 3 critical role players and 5 players overall is just stupid.

It was bad enough that they overpaid for him but to lose 5 players just to clear room up for him is beyond stupid.

Hey bro, I know you just started watching basketball 3 years ago, but nothings sounds more moronic in today's NBA (current CBA) than signing two bench players for 4 years/48 million.

And considering, the only Warriors basketball games you probably watched all season were the ones in the post-season... you appear to have 0 grasp of the holes in both Jack's and Landry's games. They're flawed players.

Jack's offensive strengths are centered around his ability as a ball-handler and scorer, but he has major vision court issues. He often gets tunnel vision and fails to see the open corner three... leading to a poor shot choice. Defensively? He's a fucking sieve. Not to mention, just to get another ball-handler on the court, the Warriors were forced to roll with both him and Curry as the 1 and 2. Huge defensive disadvantage.

Landry is an efficient pick n pop, jump shooting PF. However, size wise he leaves a lot to be desired. He's a huge liability on defense and as much as I loved his and1 flex... he just isn't worth 4 years/27 million to me. (give me him on a MLE around 4yr/20m and I'd be all over it.)

That third bench player we're giving up? Brandon Rush. The guy who played all of 25 minutes last season. Arguably the best twitter poster in the NBA... but he's coming off of major knee surgery and at the end of the day having Iguodola over him is just a fucking no brainer.

I know the new CBA is hard to grasp, but the Warriors were not going to be able to keep both Landry and Jack. They had major luxury tax issues because of the Biedrins/Jefferson contracts and in order to do Iguodola signing, they had to renounce Jack's rights.

The other two the Warriors "lost?"

Richard No Hops Jefferson? Yeah, I don't really need to get into this do I? He's way past his prime... all athleticism gone and he really provides nothing in terms of basketball production. He's a pretty decent cheerleader, but we have the best in the business already in Bazemore.

Andris the Latvian Tax Biedrins has been wasting away on the bench for years. He's been tanning and gelling his hair with no shame for a while now. Honestly, he's probably the biggest loss simply because of his size and ability to actually be a decent rebounder. Regardless, he's not worth 9 million. Not even close.

Now onto the role they certainly have hashed out for Iguodola:

He's the best wing defender in the NBA per RAPM, and he will undoubtedly continue this excellence with the Warriors. Additionally, he is an exceptional ball handler. This will allow them to run a superior crunch time unit of (Curry-Klay-Iguodola-Lee/Barnes-Bogut) without suffering on the defensive end. In fact, they'll be just around the same offensively... but EONS better on defense.

This also allows them to run some more flexible units with Barnes or Klay coming off the bench. This isn't going to hurt Barnes growth at all because he'll still be getting 30+ mpg... in a combination of 3/stretch 4 (which if you didn't know... he didn't get at all during the regular season).

The current holes that this trade caused are easily fixable with quality veterans bigs and PG's waiting in FA. Their biggest need is a quality bench 4 or 5, but that will be dealt with in due time. Depending on how this turns out (potential S&T's and such) the Warriors might be able to use a full MLE on a quality backup big. There's a lot of time left... and your analysis of the situation is way off base.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate that GSW lost Jack and Landry but they wanted too much money. AI will have an impact on that team and I predict he will score more. Whatever was mentally holding him back will be gone. Just a prediction.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GSW are looking at speights

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone ITT continues to overrate the impact of Jack and Landry. I love those kids, but they're not worth their contracts when compared to AI's impact.

AI + Speights + whoever else they grab... (maybe Jermaine O'Neal and a backup PG?) is vastly better than RJeff + Biedrins + MAYBE Jack + BRush.

Again, they were losing Landry no matter what.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey bro, I know you just started watching basketball 3 years ago, but nothings sounds more moronic in today's NBA (current CBA) than signing two bench players for 4 years/48 million.

And considering, the only Warriors basketball games you probably watched all season were the ones in the post-season... you appear to have 0 grasp of the holes in both Jack's and Landry's games. They're flawed players.

Jack's offensive strengths are centered around his ability as a ball-handler and scorer, but he has major vision court issues. He often gets tunnel vision and fails to see the open corner three... leading to a poor shot choice. Defensively? He's a fucking sieve. Not to mention, just to get another ball-handler on the court, the Warriors were forced to roll with both him and Curry as the 1 and 2. Huge defensive disadvantage.

Landry is an efficient pick n pop, jump shooting PF. However, size wise he leaves a lot to be desired. He's a huge liability on defense and as much as I loved his and1 flex... he just isn't worth 4 years/27 million to me. (give me him on a MLE around 4yr/20m and I'd be all over it.)

That third bench player we're giving up? Brandon Rush. The guy who played all of 25 minutes last season. Arguably the best twitter poster in the NBA... but he's coming off of major knee surgery and at the end of the day having Iguodola over him is just a fucking no brainer.

I know the new CBA is hard to grasp, but the Warriors were not going to be able to keep both Landry and Jack. They had major luxury tax issues because of the Biedrins/Jefferson contracts and in order to do Iguodola signing, they had to renounce Jack's rights.

The other two the Warriors "lost?"

Richard No Hops Jefferson? Yeah, I don't really need to get into this do I? He's way past his prime... all athleticism gone and he really provides nothing in terms of basketball production. He's a pretty decent cheerleader, but we have the best in the business already in Bazemore.

Andris the Latvian Tax Biedrins has been wasting away on the bench for years. He's been tanning and gelling his hair with no shame for a while now. Honestly, he's probably the biggest loss simply because of his size and ability to actually be a decent rebounder. Regardless, he's not worth 9 million. Not even close.

Now onto the role they certainly have hashed out for Iguodola:

He's the best wing defender in the NBA per RAPM, and he will undoubtedly continue this excellence with the Warriors. Additionally, he is an exceptional ball handler. This will allow them to run a superior crunch time unit of (Curry-Klay-Iguodola-Lee/Barnes-Bogut) without suffering on the defensive end. In fact, they'll be just around the same offensively... but EONS better on defense.

This also allows them to run some more flexible units with Barnes or Klay coming off the bench. This isn't going to hurt Barnes growth at all because he'll still be getting 30+ mpg... in a combination of 3/stretch 4 (which if you didn't know... he didn't get at all during the regular season).

The current holes that this trade caused are easily fixable with quality veterans bigs and PG's waiting in FA. Their biggest need is a quality bench 4 or 5, but that will be dealt with in due time. Depending on how this turns out (potential S&T's and such) the Warriors might be able to use a full MLE on a quality backup big. There's a lot of time left... and your analysis of the situation is way off base.

:agree:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he isn't a star. He used to be a borderline star maybe 4 or 5 years with the sixers.

He is honestly GSW 4th best option on offense and he is a good defensive player. Sounds like a typical role player.

Curry, Lee, and Barnes are all better options....You can even make a case for Klay as well so he very possibly is their 5th offensive option.

Iggy is going to be Iggy. Avg 12-14 PPG, play solid defense, and be a shitty ft shooter

3rd option on offense but our 2nd best player behind Steph torch curry!