• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going to Camp...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everyone! As a teacher- yep I let that slip awhile back (I shared something personal- probably shouldn't have done that) I have a lot of free time in the summer and being close to Bears camp I go a couple times before school starts again.
Does anyone have something specific they want me to report on?

I think we all know the basics of football and things like that- I'm interested in the interactions and practice structure and just how does NFL football look and work behind the scenes. That's what interests me- the stuff we don't get to see on Sundays or hear about on ESPN.

I became a fan (and defender of Rex Grossman) because of what I saw out of him in camp... (he was last to stop signing autographs after about 10 minutes...started jogging away and then came back...after a little kid said, "You're my favorite cause you're short, like me, and everyone picks on me cause I'm short!" Rex said- "Awe man, how can I leave now." And to the crowd he shouted- SHORT PEOPLE are AWESOME!" He then got some of the other guys to come back. I just thought that was really cool.

Brandon Marshall was overheard talking to Alshon after a bad drop last summer "Man you're gonna explode this year"- Alshon said, "I don't know... Marshall just kept reassuring him.

The jokes, the clicks, the way the coaches interact....seeing these athletes in person 4 feet away, Kyle Long is freakin humongous. B.Marshall is ripped (and skinnier they you think)... Devin Hester is tiny. Those things that you really can't tell on tv.

I want to see:
Rookies- Drills with/against real pros.
Defensive Line (Jared Allen always seemed kinda smallish to me...is he really 6'5")
Defensive Backfield
Wide Receivers
Back-Up QB's drills

I usually go 2 or 3 times and take notes, and have a nice write up for you guys- so if you have anything specific you want me to look for let me know. My first trip will probably be Monday- depending on the schedule. Cheers! Go Bears!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually go 2 or 3 times and take notes, and have a nice write up for you guys- so if you have anything specific you want me to look for let me know. My first trip will probably be Monday- depending on the schedule. Cheers! Go Bears! Let me know what you see with the new young safety's and of coarse the backup long snapper. He is the key this season. Looking forward to your reports.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awe man, it is a loooooooong drive for me to Bear camp. Doubt I ever make one. Sounds fun.

C

cubzzzfanincali

if I was there, I would spend 95% of the time watching the linebackers and little else.

Or at least that's what I say from here! Haha...look there goes Marshall streaking down the sideline!

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may venture to camp this season. It's actually close enough to do a day trip. Not checking anything specific but want to see what all the fuss is about

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I say I will… and… I don't.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son and I are going this Saturday ( if I'm not working) or Sunday. Its an hour and 13 minutes from the house. Nice little father son road trip.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually go 2 or 3 times and take notes, and have a nice write up for you guys- so if you have anything specific you want me to look for let me know. My first trip will probably be Monday- depending on the schedule. Cheers! Go Bears! Let me know what you see with the new young safety's and of coarse the backup long snapper. He is the key this season. Looking forward to your reports.

Will do. I do want to see what Adrian Wilson has left too- from what I've been reading the past few days says that he's looking pretty good...we'll see.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will make special note to scout, time, evaluate and critique the Long Snapping and holding personal. :yahoo:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wad pretty decent. Warning......get there early. It was packed.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie.jpg

Robbie must have heard of my " gold isn't the greatest kicker" thread

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wad pretty decent. Warning......get there early. It was packed.

Good time at least? Yeah that's why I avoid the weekends, too many kids.

Gonna be a crazy season- Houston has already had two fights in practice! WTF!!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, anything you wish to report back to us about?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really excited about this kid.

I also love all of the VT fan base following him still. All of you guys really seem to like him, which is both cool and encouraging as a fan of his new team.

We love us some Fullers! Kyle and his brothers have been great representatives of VT.

Keep an eye out for the baby brother Kendall who was a true freshman for VT last year. He will most definitely be the best of all 4 if he stays healthy.....and being the best in that family is saying a lot considering 3 of your brothers have signed NFL contracts with one of them being a 1st rounder.