• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Goalie controversy

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What would you when Leighton is cleared to play? THere are so many directions the Flyers could go. They could send down the rookie for seasoning, and to learn the language, making Leighton the starter. THey could annoint Bob the starter, decide to keep the veteran back up who is content in that role and is a FA at the end of the year (Boosh.) THey could annoint Bob the starter, and keep Leighton as the backup if they feel he would be a better fit if the rookie falters. I would think either Leighton or Boosh would clear waivers to go down, but probably not on the way back up. So my opinion is whomever gets sent down is gone for the season.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
this is easy,,bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbooooobbbbbbbb lol...later boosh again ,leighton take the back seat go flyers

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
easy, once leights is back, make him the backup. in my opinion, with the way bobs has played, its bobs job to lose and leights would have to earn it back. i would consider trading boucher for a late pick if anyone in need of a backup would take him

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Leighton immediately the backup? This is the same guy who brought the Flyers back from the brink by standing on his head against Boston and Montreal, not to mention the way he completely turned around the team after Christmas last year. You have to at least see what he can do.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
im a huge leighton fan, but bobrovsky is playing out of his mind right now. and its working. why put in a goalie fresh off back surgery? if the formula works dont change it. if bobs starts to stumble then leights is the man.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Woot, I would argue that Bob isn't really playing out of his mind as much as he is playing to his capabilities. That is a big difference from what we are used to here. And that is why I would give him every chance to run with it. Boosh and Leights are great when hot, average otherwise. He has shown, so far, to be a solid goalie who could get better.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Leighton immediately the backup? This is the same guy who brought the Flyers back from the brink by standing on his head against Boston and Montreal, not to mention the way he completely turned around the team after Christmas last year. You have to at least see what he can do.

stood on his head? i dont recall ever seeing leighton stand on his head.. he's a good positional goalie which fits if the flyers force other teams to shoot from the outside and keep the sight lines open for the goalie.. even that didn't work all the time.. standing on his head is a little over the top, i dont by any means think he was terrible, but i certainly didnt think he stole any games for the flyers (shutouts dont necessarily mean the goalie played out of his mind, a lot goes to the defense too, especially in this case)

im a huge leighton fan, but bobrovsky is playing out of his mind right now. and its working. why put in a goalie fresh off back surgery? if the formula works dont change it. if bobs starts to stumble then leights is the man.

ya, bob's won what 5 in a row? i think we should ride the hot goalie.. i think they can have leighton play a few for the phantoms before he truly comes back from his injury too, just to buy us a little more time.. rehab stints dont need waiver clearance

^not anywhere close to sure on that, but i think maybe that can happen?

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be open competition. Leighton shouldn't be given the starter position back, but he should have a chance to fight for it.

Honestly, I would rather see Boosh in a backup roll. Leighton has already stated he doesn't feel comfortable playing irregularly. Boosh also saves a little cap space.

Bob/Boosh would by my tandem, but I do think Leighton has earned a shot at competing for the job.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How rare....a goalie controversy in Philly....what a great problem to have. lol

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Controversy...lol...come on...leighton...hey only gave up the most embarrassing goal in NHL...stanley cup finals...name me a worse goal ever...lol...boosh...is what he is streaky good...streaky bad...the only question is boosh or leighton...backs up...toss a coin for all i care on those two...lol

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this before. But Bobs should be the starter until his play declines. Which hasnt happened and I dont expect it to. I would prefer boosh as the backup just because he is fine with that role and has been a backup pretty much his entire career. I do not want Bobs looking over his shoulder if he makes a mistake with Leighton on the bench. I do not want to waive Leighton, but that might be the only choice if Bobs keeps this up. Yes he had a nice playoff run, but he lied to management about his injury too.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he had a nice playoff run, but he lied to management about his injury too.

wow -- I had forgotten all about this KS.

In my management eyes.....this bullshit stunt alone puts him out there as trade bait.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure Holmgren and Mr. Snider are not too happy about that still. I am perfectly fine with our goalie situation right now. I also think Leighton is getting too much credit for last years playoff run. Lets not forget about how great the D played (atleast the top 2 pairs). Boosh played great until he got hurt too. I think it was more of the D's performance that got us to the finals than goaltending......and lets not forget the Kane goal. I rest my case.

Last edited by a moderator: