• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

gnats pregame part dew

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can this be fixed ?

First of all, in this picture all of TH’s weight is on his front foot, not his back.

Weight needs to be transferred frommbaxk to front in order to have proper throwing mechanics.

If TH had perfect mechanics, with smooth weight transfer, hip rotation, and el ow placement, he’d probably be able to compensate for having a generally weaker arm.

Some can be fixed through careful analysis and some cannot.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, in this picture all of TH’s weight is on his front foot, not his back.

Weight needs to be transferred frommbaxk to front in order to have proper throwing mechanics.

If TH had perfect mechanics, with smooth weight transfer, hip rotation, and el ow placement, he’d probably be able to compensate for having a generally weaker arm.

Yup. I saw the same thing. Now he’s not stepping toward the target, which could make the ball sail. Generally, because of his stature, he has a tendency to sail the ball on passes over the middle just to get it over the line.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna say WJ3 because we are winning with defense. Heinicke a close second, because I think players believe in him and play harder and better because of that.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I saw the same thing. Now he’s not stepping toward the target, which could make the ball sail. Generally, because of his stature, he has a tendency to sail the ball on passes over the middle just to get it over the line.

Absolutely.

Of course, a creative offensive coordinator could solve that problem in any number of ways:

Move the pocket
Move the quarterback
Clear out the middle of the field with a good route tree
Key on the DT’s
Key on fooling the MLB’s
Work the outer thirds of the field to spread the defense.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also:

It’s similar to a “finesse” pitcher in baseball, instead of a power arm.

Greg Maddux, for example: perfect mechanics led to a Hall of Fame career for a guy whose fastball never was above 93mph, and tailed off precipitously as he aged. He mainted excellent mechanics, that he could repeat perpetually, and dominated hitters with a below average arm.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

Of course, a creative offensive coordinator could solve that problem in any number of ways:

Move the pocket
Move the quarterback
Clear out the middle of the field with a good route tree
Key on the DT’s
Key on fooling the MLB’s
Work the outer thirds of the field to spread the defense.
I’m there with ya. I don’t understand why we don’t use RPOs. Get TH out in space. Let him use his athleticism. Use his strengths. Don’t just park him in the pocket, that is just exploiting his weaknesses.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its kinda funny that the dude who tweeted that. Thinks Taylor's weight is on his back leg. He did at least get the poor arm position correct.

I think another issue with Taylor's shitty mechanics is him buying too much into that Farve gunslinger mentality bullshit. I wonder if anyone is coaching him up on the benefits using proper throwing mechanics.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its kinda funny that the dude who tweeted that. Thinks Taylor's weight is on his back leg. He did at least get the poor arm position correct.

I think another issue with Taylor's shitty mechanics is him buying too much into that Farve gunslinger mentality bullshit. I wonder if anyone is coaching him up on the benefits using proper throwing mechanics.

True. He’s on record with saying that Favre was his favorite player growing up, and is his idol. The thing is, when Favre wasnt running around - actually even when he WAS running around - he had pretty freakin’ great mechanics in addition to general plus arm strength.

The best TH can hope for is to clean up his mechanics, square his shoulders, drive his hips, etc. because he damn sure doesnt have Favre’s arm strength anyway.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash