• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glazer: Saints and Sean Payton have "agreed in principle" to a new contract extension

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

I'm reporting the Saints and Sean Payton have "agreed in principle" to a new contract extension to remain coach of the Saints

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Filed to ESPN: Sean Payton and the Saints have agreed on an outline of a new contract extension, similar to old extension.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Sean Payton's agreement with the Saints is for five years.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would this happen at the same time if the Cowboys were slumping still? I'm not saying that the Cowboys could lure him away, but would he wait to hear what they have to offer? Does it now seem apparent that the Cowboys are not as desperate to bid or may keep Garret? Or are they allowed to and going to send him the same or more amount in New Orleans as the Cowboys could? I think having Brees, knowing the personnel, having the system (though he'd take that with him), having the sway he has would have to be more intriguing than what a slumping Cowboys team would, but that's just me.

Or was that just a media thing? I think this is just a process so we can't say it's sealed, but I'd be very surprised if he turned the Saints down (he has the leverage).