• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glass (2019)

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue what happened after S1. But S1 sucked.
I'm talking when it was completely mysterious when the main character thought the whole town was a conspiracy against him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking when it was completely mysterious when the main character thought the whole town was a conspiracy against him.
Ah. First half of S1.

It was watchable enough. Got me to watch the full season, at least. I was about 3/4 through when I actually paid attention during the opening credits and got pissed off.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely gave up on him until Split. And since Glass is a sequel to Unbreakable and Split, I will give it a shot. But I will not be shocked to find that it sucks.

I watched the first season of Wayward Pines without knowing it was him. I was PISSED when I found out he was behind it. I never would have given it a chance had I known. And it sucked.

I seen the movie split a couple of weeks ago when DirecTV had free HBO and thought it was an excellent movie...….But I was totally confused about the ending.
I was telling guys at work about it and one guys says it was a spin-off of Unbreakable....…...Hence at the end of split,Bruce Willis says something to the order of mr.Glass……….

Well Unbreakable is on my to-do list and the tv version was recorded last night...…….Its gonna be a must watch for me...…..

Although now this all becoming a super heroes movie,which Im not into at all,Split just seems kinda meh,but well worth watching for the first time if anyone has not seen it...…..jmt

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you are not into Superhero movies, Unbreakable is pretty great. The only part I didn't fully like is Bruce Willis' kid's performance. The actor was fine, but I didn't like some of the reactions he was directed to have. They tried to make him act like the kid from "The Sixth Sense", but some of those reactions just didn't make sense when they kid is finding out that his dad is a superhero (example, he cries when his dad finds out that he's very strong while lifting weights).

Last edited:

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McAvoy was amazing again.

It was’t that bad but it wasn’t great either. Both Unbreakable and Split arr much better.

The time at the mental institution felt like an eternity and dragged the movie down. It’s ridiculous that they are going to make David doubt when he has been a hero for 20 years. Kevin, just close your eyes and charge.

I didn't like the ending with all of them dying (David went down way too easily) while revealing the existence of an elite organization that gets rid of heroes.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch all of M’s movies except the last 5-10 minutes they all are really good IMO. But the endings always ruin it. Unbreakable blows Marvel and DC away until the ending, The Sixth Sense is the outlier since that movie blew donkey nuts until the ending.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch all of M’s movies except the last 5-10 minutes they all are really good IMO. But the endings always ruin it. Unbreakable blows Marvel and DC away until the ending, The Sixth Sense is the outlier since that movie blew donkey nuts until the ending.

Unbreakable's ending is just fine. The revelation that Elijah was the person behind those catastrophic accidents and deaths is pretty cool, I loved it. I love that movie.

Signs was pretty good until the end. That one has a ridiculous twist. Same with The Village, but the rest of that movie is nowhere near as good as Signs.

The Happening is atrocious after the first 5 minutes with all the suicides.
After Earth and The Last Airbender are awful awful.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Points I really liked:

McAvoy's performance. He was great again.
SLJ's performance once he "woke up"

Points I didn't like that much:

Bruce Willis' performance and the fact that he has so little to say/do.
Too much time at the mental institution.
All the time spent while with the doctor trying to convince our three main characters that they are not special (when we know that they are).
The anticlimactic final showdown.

Points I actually hated:

* The security at the mental facility. Just a flash light to contain the Horde? Something that would be defeated by a blanket or by closing his eyes? How Elijah keeps scaping from his cell? Why did that guard open a door for Patricia (I guess)/ Elijah when they got to the basement?
* Just one nurse/guard (he seemed to do both jobs) guarding three powerful individuals?
* There are a hundred cameras monitoring them, but they reveal Elijah at the basement or at a corridor, but they don't reveal him entering the surgery room? come on.
* The motive behind Elijah's plans. Really? He just wants to reveal their existence?
* How does he convince the Beast/Horde? Why would they want their existence revealed?
* The movie is frozen ketchup slow.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So without reading the spoilers, how was it?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A Look Inside":