• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giving up 86 points in a Half, and you could say with a straight face they would beat MJ bulls?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may not have been a lot of fast break points, but the pace was still pretty fast

I got to disagree.
Part of the reason the Cavs won was because there was very little exhaustion late in the game

The pace was sneaky slow despite the scoreboard suggesting otherwise.
It was so STOP-N-START with nonstop foul calls, nonstop flagrant reviews, nonstop technical reviews, etc

The hardest way to force tempo is from 1) FREE THROWS MADE 2) 3 POINTERS MADE
Cleveland did both things that frustrate tempo in getting to the line and making half court 3s.
And if the referees want to keep calling conferences, it only slows it down even more.

That game took just about 3 hours to play. That is a long drawn out game with 30 minutes of extra rest.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to disagree.
Part of the reason the Cavs won was because there was very little exhaustion late in the game

The pace was sneaky slow despite the scoreboard suggesting otherwise.
It was so STOP-N-START with nonstop foul calls, nonstop flagrant reviews, nonstop technical reviews, etc

The hardest way to force tempo is from 1) FREE THROWS MADE 2) 3 POINTERS MADE
Cleveland did both things that frustrate tempo in getting to the line and making half court 3s.
And if the referees want to keep calling conferences, it only slows it down even more.

That game took just about 3 hours to play. That is a long drawn out game with 30 minutes of extra rest.

They definitely slowed the pace in the second half. FTs also provided rest as you said. When I am talking about pace I really mean scoring opportunities, which both teams had plenty of in the first half.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its over.. Warriors aren't even CLOSE to the GOAT team after last night's showing.

All arguments for the Warriors over MJ have been Destroyed after last night
They lose one game and all of a sudden they're horseshit in your opinion. You may be the most obnoxious poster on the NBA threads.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't know why it's easier to make a 3 pointer today.
Please throw all of your opinions away, as you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please throw all of your opinions away, as you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Really?

Because the ball is the same, and the distance is the same. If anything, it is harder because teams make a more conscious effort to defend the 3 point line. Players are just better at it.

But, please go ahead and enlighten us on why it is easier today.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan had to wait 7 years to win his first title, because he couldnt beat the great Celtic and Piston teams in their primes

If Golden State played in that era, it would have taken Jordan 15 years

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn't beat the Bulls and the Showtime Lakers would crush them like a grape. Who guards Magic, KAJ and Worthy with no hand checking and no elbow to the back. ZaZa on KAJ? Who does Steph guard? Who guards Magic? It's a joke but typical. ESPN, every talk radio program and most people under 25 think whoever wins the current championship in any sport must be the GOAT

Doesn't really make sense. ZaZa could do about as good as job on Kareem as most centers in the 70s. Do you think Luc Longley or Bill Wennington could have done a better job than ZaZa ? (where ZaZa is really weak is P&R and switches -- which is done much more now than 80s Lakers)

Steph would have guarded Byron Scott ... Klay on Magic ... not real complicated.

This thread is almost as stupid as finding a Bulls playoff game where they only scored 35 in a half -- and saying "see -- no way the Bulls could score with the Cavs/Ws."

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan had to wait 7 years to win his first title, because he couldnt beat the great Celtic and Piston teams in their primes

If Golden State played in that era, it would have taken Jordan 15 years

You could easily make this hypothetical argument in reverse. In this fantasy world, I could put MJ's Bulls in today's game and claim they'd stop GS from winning. There would be no way for you to prove me wrong.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ's 72-10 Bulls had a shockingly similar Game 4 performance in the finals, with a chance to close it out.

Chicago Bulls at Seattle SuperSonics Box Score, June 12, 1996 | Basketball-Reference.com

Great box score. The Bulls only scored 32 points in the first half. There is no way they could have kept up with the Cavs or Ws in scoring -- therefore the Cavs/Ws would have blown them out. (this is sarcasm -- pointing out that one simple stat -- like points scored in one half of one game -- is meaningless)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ad hominem aside, would you care to explain the reasoning for this?

As I said, it was demonstrably easier to shoot a 3 in 1995 than it is today. There is no question about that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great box score. The Bulls only scored 32 points in the first half. There is no way they could have kept up with the Cavs or Ws in scoring -- therefore the Cavs/Ws would have blown them out. (this is sarcasm -- pointing out that one simple stat -- like points scored in one half of one game -- is meaningless)

Yeah, I found the similarities pretty funny. Both up 3-0, chance at a sweep and lost by exactly 21. GS gave up 86 in one half, but on the other hand... the Bulls only scored 86 in the full game.

If you're acknowledging how the Warriors struggled defensively in their Game 4, you must acknowledge that the Bulls were quite poor offensively in their Game 4. If you want to use the "well, the game has changed and is more offensive now". You have to apply it both ways.

I think the main point is, that in the end. That performance by GS is in no way, a nail in any coffin for the Bulls.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still waiting for your reasons. There are a lot of smart posters on here. I have a sneaking suspicion that you are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about.