• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give Me Three Good HC Candidates and Three Not Good Candidates

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a no nonsense type of coach. I like Vance, but he is not right for this team right now. We just don’t have the leaders in the locker room that can glue this team together, like Manning and Ware. We should have paid Wade what he deserved instead of letting him walk away. We went with virtually inexperienced coaches. Wade could’ve helped to mentor Vance, while keeping the identity of this team intact.

And now - OC with a moment of lucidity.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos request permission to interview New England Patriots DC Brian Flores.

Please no more Patriot assistants. Almost all of them have failed miserably.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean the Steelers do have a great O-Line so maybe he could fix a lot of the issues we’ve had recently.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine with a D minded coach, as long as he hired a good OC. Besides, who would better understand how to attack a good D other than a sage defensive mind

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only person who isn’t crazy about Mike Tomlin? He inherited a super bowl team...and credit to him, he won a super bowl in his 2nd year. But what has he really accomplished outside of that?

He’d definitely be worth consideration if Pittsburgh let him go, but I’m not all that impressed. Plus that one stunt he pulled on that Jacoby Jones return and his incessant complaining about officials is total amateur hour.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be fine with a D minded coach, as long as he hired a good OC. Besides, who would better understand how to attack a good D other than a sage defensive mind

See I see this said all the time. But here is the deal that means High turn over at OC most times. That to me is nuts and stupid staff and who you Draft needs to be like a punch in a plug into a system.

I will say if Kubiak can get along He loves Denver and might retire here so maybe you would be fine with a D minded coach .

That is why I am hoping for all our staff as possible to stay intact because none of them are Head coach material. I do not want a revolving door. I want staff that our Scouts have a clue as to what our Position coaches want.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I don't like Head coach D is you get a hot OC and they become Head Coaches now you are starting over.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that the NFL is now in a youth movement for head coaches. The Bears and Rams have the owners' attention.

Think about it for a minute, the Dolphins are interviewing Rex Ryan and the Broncos are looking at talking to two guys in their 30's (Flores is 37). Would you want an old guy who's never won or young guy who has?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked to see Vance return as HC next season, and even though we've got one game remaining, I thought it might be good to bring up some HC candidates that you would like to see on the sidelines, and, some you wouldn't want to see ..

Let's hear three that you''d like, and three you wouldn't

Like:

- Kris Richard - have you heard this guy talk ? .. After a few minutes listening to an interview, I was ready to suit up and run through the wall .. This guy is smart, tough as nails and would be a good choice, esp with the right coordinators

- Dave Taub - it shouldn't matter if someone coaches ST, defense, offense, etc .. Brian Billick had that Vikings' offense putting up incredible numbers and then goes to Baltimore and wins with one of the best defenses ever ... Same goes for Kubiak ...

Here's a quote form an former NFL executive:

If Dave Toub can’t get a job in this league, then I give up. Talk to other coaches in the league. They know who is for real and who is horseshit or the flavor of the month. This guy can coach a football team. He’d be the first guy I’d talk to, and it isn’t even really close.

-
Bruce Arians - I know, he has come out and said "only the Browns" - but that tells us that he's willing to coach again ... Arians - a two time COTY - will not be out-coached by anyone

Don't Like:

- Mike McCarthy - No matter who your QB is, a HC worth his salt should be able to lead the team to wins .. When Aaron Rogers would go down, how many times would you hear "GB is done without Rogers" - that's not a good thing ...

- Dennis Allen - The Saints' D has been good at times, but Allen just comes across as so blah and lacks any spark .. He was obviously in over his head with Oakland, and I just don;t see him as HC material, esp with in the wake of Vance's departure ..

- Brian Schottenheimer - Guys learn and improve, but the way Schottenheimer was hated - I mean hated - by fans and the media here in NJ while with the Jets - it's hard to get my head around this guy turning a franchise like the Broncos around ... Has he really left his mark on any team he's been with ??

Wildcard:

- Mike Tomlin - Each year, there seems to be a surprise firing - if Tomlin was let go in Pittsburgh, I would hope we'd take a look

Reservations:

- Any inexperienced, young coordinator who, when the positives are brought up, will be compared to Sean McVay simply because of his age ..

We need a guy with some balls, not someone whose balls haven;t dropped yet

Richards is going to get a job and it sounds like he's taking former ATL DC Manuel with him as his DC.

I wouldn't be overly excited for Arians...knows OFC, but needs a strong DC and a proven QB or one he thinks he can mold...I would take a stab on him in Tampa. He seems to like Winston, some ties to FO people there.

McCarthy imo is a good HC, but GB a lot like PIT is so conservative in there draft and FA approach that the talent on DEF has not been top tier in some time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder that the NFL is now in a youth movement for head coaches. The Bears and Rams have the owners' attention.

Think about it for a minute, the Dolphins are interviewing Rex Ryan and the Broncos are looking at talking to two guys in their 30's (Flores is 37). Would you want an old guy who's never won or young guy who has?

Arians will re-retire before his contract is up for sure....IF he gets hired.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a bit surprised Dave Toub was not in the list any where of guys being considered. 2 years ago he was a prominent candidate and now I have not seen him rumored for any job.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it obvious now that Kyle Shanahan should have been the pick two years ago. Elway's ego has taken the team from the height to the bottom .

Don;t get the 70 year old Vic Fangio for a team rebuilding.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do it and then Elway can fire me. Broncs only have a couple of small holes in the defense and need some pieces for a competitive offense. I'd never bring in a retread QB but I have some ideas. Team needs to take advantage of it's home and run the air out of opponents by going no huddle. I swear I could get the Broncs to the AFCCG in one year with this core group.

Then again, I'll be 69 next month.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only person who isn’t crazy about Mike Tomlin? He inherited a super bowl team...and credit to him, he won a super bowl in his 2nd year. But what has he really accomplished outside of that?

He’d definitely be worth consideration if Pittsburgh let him go, but I’m not all that impressed. Plus that one stunt he pulled on that Jacoby Jones return and his incessant complaining about officials is total amateur hour.

I like Tomlin and I would be happy with him as HC and Kubiak as OC

I will say this though - there always seems to be some sort of play turmoil there - Santonio Holmes, Brown, Bell, and Big Ben always seem to be whining or doing something detrimental to that team - can you lay any of that on Tomlin ?? ... I don;t think so ....

.. and to Tomlin's credit, he seems to be able to keep it together enough to contend ... The Steelers defnese looked god awful early this season and they improved ... Plus, the circumstances in the way they lost Shazier - that's a tough one to overcome

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it obvious now that Kyle Shanahan should have been the pick two years ago. Elway's ego has taken the team from the height to the bottom .

Don;t get the 70 year old Vic Fangio for a team rebuilding.

How is it obvious when Shanahan has a 10-22 record .. and 4-22 without Jimmy G ??

That's a .313 winning percentage compared to Vance's .344

Granted, Shanahan might turn into a good HC ... But as of right now, I'd hardly call it an "obvious" mistake on Elway's part ..

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it obvious when Shanahan has a 10-22 record .. and 4-22 without Jimmy G ??

Granted, Shanahan might turn into a good HC ... But as of right now, I'd hardly call it an "obvious" mistake on Elway's part ..

You just said he’s undefeated at 6-0 when he has a competent starting QB. Very few coaches are going to win with Beathard or Mullen’s at QB (though Mullens has looked ok.)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heres why I say this.

Cause Shanahan is an offensive genius and this team has the offensive players but the coaching was woeful offensively and if John wanted to replace VJ last year with mike Kyle is just as good as mike.

Atlanta went to the super bowl with Kyle and now replacing OC even though maybe a better roster

Plus Kyle beat VJ with maybe more rookies playing than Denver had playing and his QB was what a 3rd stringer

Plus the #1 issue is QB for Denver

Chris Harris said the offense has not evolved since SB 50 . Got to respect a vet like Harris

Had the offense put up 24 ppg Denver probably completes last weekend for a WC spot

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tomlin and I would be happy with him as HC and Kubiak as OC

I will say this though - there always seems to be some sort of play turmoil there - Santonio Holmes, Brown, Bell, and Big Ben always seem to be whining or doing something detrimental to that team - can you lay any of that on Tomlin ?? ... I don;t think so ....

.. and to Tomlin's credit, he seems to be able to keep it together enough to contend ... The Steelers defnese looked god awful early this season and they improved ... Plus, the circumstances in the way they lost Shazier - that's a tough one to overcome

You want an old school OC When one of our best players said, the O hasn't evolved since SB50.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It looks like hell is breaking loose in Picksburgh right now. The Bell situation and now Brown and Ben are feuding and rumors are flying around that Brown has demanded a trade. I wouldn't want Tomlin anywhere near here.