• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give Me Three Good HC Candidates and Three Not Good Candidates

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked to see Vance return as HC next season, and even though we've got one game remaining, I thought it might be good to bring up some HC candidates that you would like to see on the sidelines, and, some you wouldn't want to see ..

Let's hear three that you''d like, and three you wouldn't

Like:

- Kris Richard - have you heard this guy talk ? .. After a few minutes listening to an interview, I was ready to suit up and run through the wall .. This guy is smart, tough as nails and would be a good choice, esp with the right coordinators

- Dave Taub - it shouldn't matter if someone coaches ST, defense, offense, etc .. Brian Billick had that Vikings' offense putting up incredible numbers and then goes to Baltimore and wins with one of the best defenses ever ... Same goes for Kubiak ...

Here's a quote form an former NFL executive:

If Dave Toub can’t get a job in this league, then I give up. Talk to other coaches in the league. They know who is for real and who is horseshit or the flavor of the month. This guy can coach a football team. He’d be the first guy I’d talk to, and it isn’t even really close.

-
Bruce Arians - I know, he has come out and said "only the Browns" - but that tells us that he's willing to coach again ... Arians - a two time COTY - will not be out-coached by anyone

Don't Like:

- Mike McCarthy - No matter who your QB is, a HC worth his salt should be able to lead the team to wins .. When Aaron Rogers would go down, how many times would you hear "GB is done without Rogers" - that's not a good thing ...

- Dennis Allen - The Saints' D has been good at times, but Allen just comes across as so blah and lacks any spark .. He was obviously in over his head with Oakland, and I just don;t see him as HC material, esp with in the wake of Vance's departure ..

- Brian Schottenheimer - Guys learn and improve, but the way Schottenheimer was hated - I mean hated - by fans and the media here in NJ while with the Jets - it's hard to get my head around this guy turning a franchise like the Broncos around ... Has he really left his mark on any team he's been with ??

Wildcard:

- Mike Tomlin - Each year, there seems to be a surprise firing - if Tomlin was let go in Pittsburgh, I would hope we'd take a look

Reservations:

- Any inexperienced, young coordinator who, when the positives are brought up, will be compared to Sean McVay simply because of his age ..

We need a guy with some balls, not someone whose balls haven;t dropped yet

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade Phillips- people talk shit, but this man is so much fun. The Broncos need fun IMO.

Chris Petersen. The man. He has nerves of steel and is one sneaky MF . He just wins.

Lincoln Riley He is young and has a clue.

Don't Like:

any Dildo on the NFL list of coaches other than.

Ken Whisenhunt, he changed the Arizona Cardinals from losers to a decent team.

I want a winner from the start!

This last coach was as good as Rick Dennison was as a OC at everything he did in the NFL . Not good!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As my wild card Coach

Any of the Harbaugh spawn .

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3:

John Harbaugh
Dave Toub
Lincoln Riley
Honorable Mention: Matt LaFleur

NOT

Eric Bienemy
Bruce Arians
Mike McCarthy

Special Mention: Any college coaches other than Riley, and any coaches with a country name like "Jim Bob"

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic Fangio
Jim Harbaugh
Pat Fitzgerald

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3:
John Harbaugh
Dave Taub
Jim Schwartz

Not Top 3:
Jim Bob Cooter
John DeFilipo
Mike McCarthy

3 Wild Cards:
Vance Joseph
Gary Kubiak
Mike Shannahan

I know Vance is not a popular choice but I believe the team took some positive steps this year and if Harris and Sanders do not get hurt I think we make the playoffs. If we made the playoffs are we talking about replacing Joseph? I don’t think so. I do think there needs to be some changes on the staff though. I would start with the offensive and defensive coordinators.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One name I keep hearing locally is Chuck Pagano. I doubt the HC hire is going to fire up the this fan base.

Top 3:
John Harbaugh
Chuck Pagano
Mike McCarthy

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3:

John Harbaugh
Dave Toub
Lincoln Riley
Honorable Mention: Matt LaFleur

NOT

Eric Bienemy
Bruce Arians
Mike McCarthy

Special Mention: Any college coaches other than Riley, and any coaches with a country name like "Jim Bob"

Hell, I might be in on a jimmy bobby ...Would that work?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All joking aside LGM There is something special about Lincoln Riley

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like:

Jim Harbaugh

Dislike:

Pretty much everybody else
More specifically
John Harbaugh
Mike Shanahan
Anyone else that the NFL has passed up.

No more John Fox types. If they can't handle the modern game, I don't want them.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like:

Dislike:

Pretty much everybody else
More specifically
John Harbaugh
Mike Shanahan
Anyone else that the NFL has passed up.

No more John Fox types. If they can't handle the modern game, I don't want them.

I like Jim Harbaugh and his Stanford and 49ers teams . but his wolverines teams not so much . I guess you could say he did a lot with not much .

Here is the deal Elway usually does not offer a second chance so I think you are out of luck

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mike Zimmer is fired in Minnesota I would be interested in seeing what his thoughts would be.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mike Zimmer is fired in Minnesota I would be interested in seeing what his thoughts would be.

I don’t think Zimmer would come here just because we’re locked in with Keenum another year and he was a big reason why the Vikings didn’t even entertain Keenum staying with them last year.

I mean I can understand him not liking Keenum but to throw away a QB who got you to the NFC title game in favor of paying 3x as much for someone like Cousins doesn’t speak well about you.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer is a very good coach but I see where you are coming from.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer won't be fired by Minnesota, but if was to leave the Vikings, it wouldn't take long for him to end up replacing Marvin Lewis in Cincy. Lewis would literally step aside for his close, personal friend and former colleague. Zimmer also has a very large ranch in Kentucky, just outside of Cincy.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see Kubiak calling plays if we're keeping VJ and CK. I wouldn't mind Toub as HC. I wouldn't mind ol' Mike either, honestly.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you guys think if we kept Vance Joseph and replaced Musgrave with Kubiak?

Based on what I have read the players really care about Vance and they have played hard for him. I think a lot of our issues are based on scheme, and particularly on Offense. I think if we added Gary to the staff he could maybe help Vance mentor Vance a bit with the in game management piece that Vance struggled with at times. I think some of that was also Vance trying to force success instead of taking what was there, or being gun shy due to bad decisions previously.

The Defense has not been good at times, but they played really, really well yesterday based on what I know. Woods has the ability to call a very good to great game on defense or he can call a stinker. His job gets harder when the offense scores very few points, and many times only scores in the second half. Add in some of the turnover issues the offense has had at times and it is even harder.

Musgrave seems to try to make the players fit his scheme instead of making a scheme to fit the players. I saw a stat last night that the offense failed to score on their first drive in 13 of 16 games. The famous script to start the games has been horrible and a poor reflection on Musgrave.

All that said I still expect Vance to be fired today and will likely start the process of moving to Cincy. Based on what I read Vance is the leader of men as he was labeled when hired, and I believe he deserved better then the way things turned out. Unfortunately for him and us he didn't have the supporting cast to help him through learning the head coach position and was in a bit over his head.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a no nonsense type of coach. I like Vance, but he is not right for this team right now. We just don’t have the leaders in the locker room that can glue this team together, like Manning and Ware. We should have paid Wade what he deserved instead of letting him walk away. We went with virtually inexperienced coaches. Wade could’ve helped to mentor Vance, while keeping the identity of this team intact.