• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants to sign The-Riot

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge impact, but a good signing by Sabes.

Agreed. Depth is nice. Minus injuries to Posey, Sandoval or anyone on the pitching staff, it seems the players are pretty interchangeable without much drop-off. Bummer for Burriss, though. I imagine this doesn't affect Stamos' playing time much, but it will lose some innings for Emmanuel.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Depth is nice. Minus injuries to Posey, Sandoval or anyone on the pitching staff, it seems the players are pretty interchangeable without much drop-off. Bummer for Burriss, though. I imagine this doesn't affect Stamos' playing time much, but it will lose some innings for Emmanuel.

If by "innings" you mean "roster spot," then...yeah.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the 25 man as of today:

SP: tim, cain, bum, song, zeets
RP: weez, romo, affeldt, lopez, casilla, mota, runzler
C: buster, chez3
IF: huff, franchez, stamos, panda, fonty, riot, pill
OF: melky, pagan, nate, belt

huffer and pill can play OF if necessary. burriss to Fresno.

thoughts?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I approve of this signing. I quite like it rather a lot. Now get Cain signed long term and Sabey Sabes had a pretty good offseason.

I wonder how much (if any at all) influence Fontenot had in Theriot's decision.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

thoughts?

I think Sabean/Noggin will end up keeping Hensley over Runzler. I know that Hensley is right-handed and Runzler is a lefty, but with Casilla and Romo being the 7th and 8th inning guys now, Affeldt is free to be the mop-up lefty while Lopez is the best LOOGY in the business.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by "innings" you mean "roster spot," then...yeah.

Considering Theriot will only get significant playing time if (read: when) someone (read: Franchez) goes down, Emmanuel will be back up with the big club. Yes, initially, I don't see how he would start the season in San Francisco. As much as I wish he were, he is not a major league-caliber hitter (and only good enough with the glove to play 2B).

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sabean/Noggin will end up keeping Hensley over Runzler. I know that Hensley is right-handed and Runzler is a lefty, but with Casilla and Romo being the 7th and 8th inning guys now, Affeldt is free to be the mop-up lefty while Lopez is the best LOOGY in the business.

Sounds good to me. I assume this is Runzler's last chance with the Giants, so hopefully, we're both wrong. However, it could be nice to see Hensley take over for Mota next year (mid-season this year?).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking a similar thought, but with Mota getting the boot instead of Runz.

Mota, Hensley, Hembree, Edlefsen, and Otero will be fighting for the last RH spot while Runz and Rodriguez will be trying to warrant keeping a third Lefty on the staff.

Mota and Runz certainly have the inside track on the spots, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thoughts?

Does Burriss even have any options left, or are you suggesting he gets DFA'd and he clears and resigns?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently this is a non-guaranteed contract, much like Hensley's.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Theriot makes it, Manny DFA'd, hopefully stays but who knows. I think Mota makes it, Runzler goes back down to AAA and starts and Hensley or maybe Hembree makes the team.

Oh and even though I would LOVE for Chez3 to make it, I think Stewart and (unfortunately) Whiteside have the edge (particularly Whiteside, unfortunately).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a good call...Hensley will be given every opportunity to make the team, and he can spot start.

Also, Stewy might have something to say about the backup C spot.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Burriss even have any options left, or are you suggesting he gets DFA'd and he clears and resigns?

Good call...I think Manny IS out of options. He just might clear waivers, with his foot injury history.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Theriot makes it, Manny DFA'd, hopefully stays but who knows. I think Mota makes it, Runzler goes back down to AAA and starts and Hensley or maybe Hembree makes the team.

Oh and even though I would LOVE for Chez3 to make it, I think Stewart and (unfortunately) Whiteside have the edge (particularly Whiteside, unfortunately).

Yeah, sure. But whose fault is that?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, sure. But whose fault is that?

LOL.

Fucking Whiteside. What good is he to us and the team anyway (except for a running joke, which, to be fair, is one of the best this board has ever come up with...Who the hell came up with it anyway? Anthem?)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Fucking Whiteside. What good is he to us and the team anyway (except for a running joke, which, to be fair, is one of the best this board has ever come up with...Who the hell came up with it anyway? Anthem?)

We'd have to dig deep into these boards to find the creator. To be fair, he was serviceable as a backup, but flat out awful as a starter. But at this point, Stewart proved him defense and play calling is better than Eli, while both bats remain atrocious.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd have to dig deep into these boards to find the creator. To be fair, he was serviceable as a backup, but flat out awful as a starter. But at this point, Stewart proved him defense and play calling is better than Eli, while both bats remain atrocious.

The search for "Whiteside's fault" on this board goes back to 8/5/11.

I am pretty sure it was used long before that, though.

Here is the earliest post I can find.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...5-gdt-champs-fathers-7-17-a-2.html#post904845

Here is where "Whiteside's fault" begins to become a regular board epithet.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...hilth-vs-world-champs-8-5-a-6.html#post949953

:focus: