• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants Re-Sign Tim Lincecum

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident in adding that the Mets are on their way up again, while the Giants are definitely in a downward trend...a la philly, the yanks... etc. The NL west is no longer theirs.

so....lol all you want.

:suds:

Don't need permission to LOL at your idiocy, but thanks for it anyway!

I'm really happy for you that you are so confident. I guess the Giants should just start rebuilding and you should plan where you'll stand to watch your parade.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,530.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets are/have been cellar-dwellars. Nowhere to go BUT up.

Giants have 2 Rings in the last 3 years (one more week!), so there really isn't anywhere to go BUT down.

Technically, you are correct, but not something you should be boasting about...

no one's boasting but you, brah...

all good.

peace

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one's boasting but you, brah...

all good.

peace

I have an idea: why don't you wait until ANY of the Mess, Jest, or Bricks play for a championship and then come back and regale us with your wisdom. Until then, we'll take our 2 WS in the last 3 years, our defending NFC champion, and our emerging Western Conference powerhouse and you can:

:stfu:

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confident in adding that the Mets are on their way up again, while the Giants are definitely in a downward trend...a la philly, the yanks... etc. The NL west is no longer theirs.

so....lol all you want.

:suds:

Mets are/have been cellar-dwellars. Nowhere to go BUT up.

Giants have 2 Rings in the last 3 years (one more week!), so there really isn't anywhere to go BUT down.

Technically, you are correct, but not something you should be boasting about...

Don't need permission to LOL at your idiocy, but thanks for it anyway!

I'm really happy for you that you are so confident. I guess the Giants should just start rebuilding and you should plan where you'll stand to watch your parade.

Don't look at my right hand! Just look at my left hand!

I know your game, Yoga. I am done with you.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the whole Kanye West - Kim Kardashian news Larry Baer decided to break the news of the Lincecum signing. There must of been a few people down at the gates demanding he reverse the curse already.:lm:

Kanye did put up 200 K to rent out AT&T Park. Maybe Larry asked him to kick in another 500 K to help with the Lincecum signing.

I was right on the nose on the money for Lincecum. Some say it was too much but the Giants must of smelled a buyer out there that were willing to go 18-20 Mill a year.

Welcome back Tim ....glad he is back in the fold. Good News !

:suds::yo::peace::thrasher::music:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the deal. 2 years is perfect, money isn't as big a factor when looking at pitchers IMO. Years is the important thing. We now have 3/5 of the rotation figured out for the next 2 years with 3 home-grown guys. And as for 2015? There is a laundry list of potential replacements for Tim including Escobar, Stratton, Agosta, Mejia, Crick, Blackburn, Blach, Flores, Marlow...

Love the deal, welcome back Timmeh!

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On youtube...

Tim Lincecum No-Hitter All 27 outs

Fuck Yeah !

:thumb::popsdance:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17.5 mil for each cy young award and ws ring seems about right....lol

are the 12oz beers at AT&T $25.00 each yet?

They will be soon.....smh

Please refresh my memory...

...how much are you paying Bobby Bonilla next year?

:omg: :laugh3: :noidea: :L

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets fan telling the Giants how to build a championship team. That's funny. :laugh3:

Please don't let one fan ruin it for the rest of us Met fans lol

I love Timmy, wish we could have gotten in on it, was hoping he would take a one-year deal with us to prove himself worthy of a long-term deal. Not sure I like the money here, but either way, nice job by the Giants signing him rather quickly.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised this got done so quickly. I thought he wanted to test the free agent market. I'm happy he's back. I expect him to do well since he wants to put himself in position for big money two years from now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really surprised this got done so quickly. I thought he wanted to test the free agent market. I'm happy he's back. I expect him to do well since he wants to put himself in position for big money two years from now.

I would VERY surprised if he could have gotten significantly more than 17.5 per AND a no-trade from anyone else. Why bother with free agency when you get more than you are probably expecting from the open market?

You have to assume the Giants figure they can get a decent chunk of this contract back in Marketing. It is significantly above our ignorant perception of the market for him.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would VERY surprised if he could have gotten significantly more than 17.5 per AND a no-trade from anyone else. Why bother with free agency when you get more than you are probably expecting from the open market?

You have to assume the Giants figure they can get a decent chunk of this contract back in Marketing. It is significantly above our ignorant perception of the market for him.

Despite his struggles, Lincecum is still probably the number one fan favorite.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite his struggles, Lincecum is still probably the number one fan favorite.

And there is better than a punchers chance that he has graduated from that phase of his career and will be a solid 2/3 moving forward.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an idea: why don't you wait until ANY of the Mess, Jest, or Bricks play for a championship and then come back and regale us with your wisdom. Until then, we'll take our 2 WS in the last 3 years, our defending NFC champion, and our emerging Western Conference powerhouse and you can:

:stfu:

ahem

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is better than a punchers chance that he has graduated from that phase of his career and will be a solid 2/3 moving forward.

There were definitely some encouraging signs this season. Maybe he has learned how to adapt to the drop in velocity. He had less walks as well, so maybe the control is getting better.

He'll forever be a Giants great. I hope he has learned how to be successful with the stuff that he has now and that he goes on and earns his way into the Hall of Fame. I know that is hoping for a lot from a guy who had a negative WAR the last couple of seasons, but a fan is not called a fanatic for no reason.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were definitely some encouraging signs this season. Maybe he has learned how to adapt to the drop in velocity. He had less walks as well, so maybe the control is getting better.

He'll forever be a Giants great. I hope he has learned how to be successful with the stuff that he has now and that he goes on and earns his way into the Hall of Fame. I know that is hoping for a lot from a guy who had a negative WAR the last couple of seasons, but a fan is not called a fanatic for no reason.

I was reading some encouraging things about Tim during the season that make me excited about his future prospects. First, he said he's actually starting to get ready for gamedays more seriously now. In his Cy Young days he admitted that he could get away with just pure stuff and never have to study hitters tendencies and such. This year he said that he has actually taken the time to prepare (and stop getting high, or maybe still getting high but less often). Second, I noticed looking at his pitches by numbers that as the season grew he mixed up his pitches more often and it led to much better success. He's learning how to pitch without that big fastball.