• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants players.....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I know all of you read this board.....remember, this series is FAR FROM OVER. It requires two more hard fought wins. Texas is a good team. Texas can hit the ball reallll hard (in my best Keith Holbermann (sp?) impression).

Sanchez, focus all of your frustrations from your last outing into this one and pitch like this is your last game. Own game 3.

Rant over.

;-)~

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez sucks tomorrow, not at all unlikely (righty heavy lineup, hitters park, DH), the momentum swings quite a bit, and if the rookie struggles Sunday, we're back to biting our nails.

This thing is nowhere NEAR over. I'm already getting myself prepared emotionally if that in fact happens.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 W's.

We're all seasoned vets-let to rookies celebrate prematurely =)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood. I was telling my wife that it's going to be a whole different ballgame in Texas with the DH and that ballpark. I'm really glad that we're guaranteed a return trip to AT&T if things don't go well in Arlington. Here's hopin' that we can close it out in Texas, but I know it's going to be tough.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood. I was telling my wife that it's going to be a whole different ballgame in Texas with the DH and that ballpark. I'm really glad that we're guaranteed a return trip to AT&T if things don't go well in Arlington. Here's hopin' that we can close it out in Texas, but I know it's going to be tough.

This ^^

As long as we can take 1 of the first 2 in Texas, I think we'll be alright. I don't like the third game against Lee regardless of what happened in the first game.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - I agree with everyone here. Wish I could say 'it's a lock'. But we all know it isn't. Actually the one that scares me is Sanchez. I personally don't belive that Texas is the type of team that matches well with Sanchez's style of pitching. They are patient and I think will wait him out. I don't believe they will do much chasing and that I think is where Sanchez shines. If he makes it through 4 than I think Texas will be in trouble. If he's allowed to settle in a find a groove I can see us being up 3-0 when the dust settles.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^

As long as we can take 1 of the first 2 in Texas, I think we'll be alright. I don't like the third game against Lee regardless of what happened in the first game.

Ed Zachary. I will be the first to say, I feel comfortable throwing Sanchez in this situation-if he gets rolling, he can mow down a lineup like a mack truck.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ed Zachary. I will be the first to say, I feel comfortable throwing Sanchez in this situation-if he gets rolling, he can mow down a lineup like a mack truck.

Exactly, this is the perfect situation for Sanchez to go since we have a 2-0 lead, if it was a must win game, then I'd be seriously worried with Sanchez going.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, this is the perfect situation for Sanchez to go since we have a 2-0 lead, if it was a must win game, then I'd be seriously worried with Sanchez going.

Chez had to pitch a must win in game 162 and was great, but that was vs a weak lineup at home in a pitchers park. Tomorrow is a whole nuther thing.

How he does will tell me a lot about how valuable he may turn out to be going forward. Top of line stud? Or better than average 3-4 starter?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chez had to pitch a must win in game 162 and was great, but that was vs a weak lineup at home in a pitchers park. Tomorrow is a whole nuther thing.

How he does will tell me a lot about how valuable he may turn out to be going forward. Top of line stud? Or better than average 3-4 starter?

Definitely, also I think San Diego was feeling the pressure in that game, we still were alive if we lost, but the Padres weren't if they did.

Also no matter how he does, he's still better than Cain and equal to Lincecum you JA!!!...I still can't believe anybody was stupid enough to say that, when in reality he's greater than Zito and equal to Madbum (or close to it.)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, also I think San Diego was feeling the pressure in that game, we still were alive if we lost, but the Padres weren't if they did.

Also no matter how he does, he's still better than Cain and equal to Lincecum you JA!!!...I still can't believe anybody was stupid enough to say that, when in reality he's greater than Zito and equal to Madbum (or close to it.)

Total, and I mean, TOTAL silence from the DumDum Twins today at ESPN, actually dating back to the start of game 2...

They can't possibly have actually given up and left, can they?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looky that. It's like I conjured him back....Nolan has returned. DumDumVille just got more fun.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place here.

I can't watch the game on Sunday, and that's all I'm going to say, hopefully you guys can figure out my problem...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nothing is over until it is over. Sanchez is a bit of a question mark in Texas.

However, I will say this.

.400 baseball the rest of the way would be, while torturous, supremely optimal.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place here.

I can't watch the game on Sunday, and that's all I'm going to say, hopefully you guys can figure out my problem...

Well, if it's not something mundane like my 'problem' of having kids to trick or treat with, I'd say, uh...you're The Great Pumpkin?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nothing is over until it is over. Sanchez is a bit of a question mark in Texas.

However, I will say this.

.400 baseball the rest of the way would be, while torturous, supremely optimal.

.400 baseball would be so supremely optimal, that I don't even care which team plays .400 baseball the rest of the way, as long as one of these teams do. :)

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK. tzill made a good case for not dealing pitching. The brass agrees. I do (did?). Can we say Sanchez is 'pitching'? On a noncontender he's a 1-2. We can get an equivalent bat back. On a contender like us he's a 3-4.

RichHump

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have concerns about his value diminishing with repeat poor perfomances in pressure games under the National spotlight...I wonder how much these games may affect his confidence in the future as well...he seems to lack intestinal fortitude against lineups that can do damage from at least 1-8...hopefully he can turn this experience into a positive for the future, but who knows? I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him traded, and with the uncertainty of the left side of the infield (Renteria likely gone and Sandoval struggling horribly) perhaps we can get a SS/3B of some value for him? This assuming Ross and Huff resign, as we are still stuck with Rowand, and Torres appears to be solid in CF. Can DeRosa play the left side? And further, can he stay healthy?

The one problem with the so-called "Dirty Dozen", or "Misfits" tag for the Giants is that they don't have many positions solidified for next season...will be a VERY interesting off-season to be sure...but for now, just win a WS!!! Just ONCE!!!

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been addressed elsewhere but after game 4 the answer feels simple...Sanchez stays (unless someone wants to really overpay) and is our #4. If he starts in the playoffs in 2011+, it's only once per series. He would be very valuable during the regular season when the pressure isn't as intense, and be the best #4 in baseball by a lot. Then we come into the playoffs with the best 1-2-3 around.

Sabes has clearly shown he knows what he's doing so whatever they do with Sanchez is fine with me.