• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants players.....

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think he's just tiring out. It's been pointed out that he's only throwing 90-91 right now, I actually saw some fastballs at 88 in his last start. I thought he'd really turned a page at the end of the season this year, so his last few starts surprised me - sort of.

I don't think he's a good enough pitcher to get it done when he doesn't have his best stuff, especially not against a good team.

Still he's the most tradeable of our Top-4 by far. But I'd say keep him, I'm not sure I'd even consider trading him, it's all about pitching.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. tzill made a good case for not dealing pitching. The brass agrees. I do (did?). Can we say Sanchez is 'pitching'? On a noncontender he's a 1-2. We can get an equivalent bat back. On a contender like us he's a 3-4.

On most contenders he's a 2-3. On the Giants, he's a 4. On non-contenders, he's a 1-2. I say you never deal an elite talent SP who takes the ball 32 times a year unless you need the budget space.

We don't. Chez is the #4 next year and the foreseeable future.

I'd love to pick up Kinsler from the Strangers, though. Wonder if some combination of Franchez, Runzler, Ray, Nate, Ishi gets it done?

Probably not.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have concerns about his value diminishing with repeat poor perfomances in pressure games under the National spotlight...I wonder how much these games may affect his confidence in the future as well...he seems to lack intestinal fortitude against lineups that can do damage from at least 1-8...hopefully he can turn this experience into a positive for the future, but who knows? I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see him traded, and with the uncertainty of the left side of the infield (Renteria likely gone and Sandoval struggling horribly) perhaps we can get a SS/3B of some value for him? This assuming Ross and Huff resign, as we are still stuck with Rowand, and Torres appears to be solid in CF. Can DeRosa play the left side? And further, can he stay healthy?

The one problem with the so-called "Dirty Dozen", or "Misfits" tag for the Giants is that they don't have many positions solidified for next season...will be a VERY interesting off-season to be sure...but for now, just win a WS!!! Just ONCE!!!

I dunno, Rich. Consider:

1. As Chez' "value diminishes" so does his cost to the Giants moving forward.
2. How many teams "can do damage 1-8?"
3. Rowand is likely getting traded (ChiSox??) this winter, with the Giants eating half his salary.
4. DeRosa can play 3b, SS, 2b. His surgery appears to be a complete success.

Agreed re: the offseason. Should be quite interesting.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been addressed elsewhere but after game 4 the answer feels simple...Sanchez stays (unless someone wants to really overpay) and is our #4. If he starts in the playoffs in 2011+, it's only once per series. He would be very valuable during the regular season when the pressure isn't as intense, and be the best #4 in baseball by a lot. Then we come into the playoffs with the best 1-2-3 around.

Sabes has clearly shown he knows what he's doing so whatever they do with Sanchez is fine with me.

^^^

This. Extremely well put and on point.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, Rich. Consider:

1. As Chez' "value diminishes" so does his cost to the Giants moving forward.
2. How many teams "can do damage 1-8?"
3. Rowand is likely getting traded (ChiSox??) this winter, with the Giants eating half his salary.
4. DeRosa can play 3b, SS, 2b. His surgery appears to be a complete success.

Agreed re: the offseason. Should be quite interesting.

Really? I have not heard anything about his surgery. He would be a nice addition if he is in fact healed...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I have not heard anything about his surgery. He would be a nice addition if he is in fact healed...

Yeah, he's been on KNBR weekly and reported a couple of weeks ago that he's ahead of recovery schedule and that the surgery was a complete success.