• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants need to start fast out of the gate this year

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been looking at the 2014 schedule and the Giants will be tested right away in April with plenty of NL West games. There will be 25 of the first 28 games vs. the West including 7 vs. the D-Backs and 6 games vs. the Dodgers. The Giants do get 15 of those 28 games at home which is a change from the past which they have played more road games early in the year due to the organizations desire to have more games scheduled later in the year when kids are out of school and the weather is warmer. September is also a big month vs. the West but that is pretty much the norm as the league likes to hook up the divisions for a big finish.

It would be nice to see the Giants play well this spring and roll that over to the start of this season. Every year is like a horse race and this year the Giants need to break from the gate fast and never look back.

:suds::clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another key to starting fast for the Giants is that the Dodgers and the D-Backs have to fly to Australia to play a 2 game series one week before anyone else starts their schedule. A little jet lag might help the Giants as both of their competitors get back to normal. I heard Greinke was all pissed off having to go to Australia and is staying behind . Kershaw and Ryu will start in Australia . Playing early might also cause some injury problems for L.A. and Arizona. It would really be sweet to get the jump on both teams and build a early lead in the division.

Go Giants !!

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy that the Doyers and Zona were chosen to go to Australia... the travel won't be good for them and even if it doesn't show up in the first week don't be surprised if it gets them a little later.

I agree they need to come out at least warm, this group doesn't seem like it would be able to come back from a large hole at the start of the season...... I still think that if Cainer can be Cainer and Timmy doesn't suck for 35% to 40% of the season that this team can make the wild card..... All that said in all honesty I could see this team having almost as bad of a season as last year although I think they will at least be close to the wild card into the last week of the season but I'm not really sure what we will see this season until at least 6 weeks into the season unless they suck right from the start.