• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Getting to know the new board

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could I have forgot GP. Also not a favorite of NN. Same reasons as Filo and MSG. If you asked NN about Filo, GP and MSG he would most likely tell you they are the devil's trinity. If you asked Tito about them ........ you'd see some real hatred I'm afraid.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome, Nate. My first game was April 9, 1973 and Ron Bryant threw a CG against the Padres and won 2-1. I believe Chris Spier hit a solo jack. I was a little kid and my Grandpa took me and explained that Bobby Bonds, as good as he was, would never be as good as Willie Mays. I loved Bobby Bonds. He also taught me that the doyers are evil and that the season is a long grind. The Reds won the division that year (ahh...the old NLW) and lost to the Mets in the NLCS. The puking A's won the WS.

I was hooked from then and have rarely missed a game, either on radio, TV, or in person.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could I have forgot GP. Also not a favorite of NN. Same reasons as Filo and MSG. If you asked NN about Filo, GP and MSG he would most likely tell you they are the devil's trinity. If you asked Tito about them ........ you'd see some real hatred I'm afraid.

I'm pretty sure Nolan would add "twezill" to that list.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about Tito, maybe I have this wrong but he seems like he's clowning around and not taking any of this seriously. He acts the fool for fun, but also has some very specific (usually wrong) baseball takes. But it's fun and games for him, as it should be. We're yakking about a game, and teasing each other, and trying to be funny, it's all just messing around. Tito to me seems to get that.

Nolan claims that as well, but clearly he is a very serious guy who can't stand feeling dumb, or being wrong, regardless of evidence to the contrary.

Don't know how he can blame me for the state of that board, I got there after the season started, it was already like this, filo was just getting this board up.

And yes I am toying with him. I do that for fun sometimes.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Nolan would add "twezill" to that list.

Me too. Probably as a substitute in for me. I don't think I bother Nolan much. He usually just ignores me (which is fine by me). I do think he was irked with me though about taking some regulars from there. Afterall, a troll needs an audience.

EDIT: The only one I usually go to battle with is Envy.

Last edited by a moderator:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to clarify an earlier statement. I don't belive that NN thinks that MSG, FILO, GP and TZILL are responsible for destroying the other board. I think he's angry because they gave us an alternative board. As Filo stated - he lost some of his audience. I also think that Tito may be toying with everyone. BUT - and it's a real big but - he'd have to be a master at the game. I've often wondered if he had an alternate ID he used to chat 'normally' within the forum.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, all of you guys have such cool baseball stories and experiences and I have nothing hahaha. Some day hopefully I'll be able to have awesome stories like this I enjoy telling, but that'll have to wait until I can afford to go to games. Is there anybody on this board younger than I am (21?)

Also with Nolan, I've been completely destroying him on the "now the Padres have to sweep us" thread. As soon as I started calling him out to admit he was wrong he starts attacking my reading comprehension and the like. I'm thinking "mother fucker you only can type 1 sentence of anything intelligible at a time and I'm the one with the reading problems???" hahaha At that point I know this guy had serious ego issues like nobody can know more about anything than he does. I tried to make him feel stupid by rubbing into his face some of my accomplishments in my short life, but he doesn't believe anything I say since he thinks I don't have any "reading comprehension."

As far as Tito goes, I don't think there's any doubt about him playing around. I continuously mention how it's all an act and he's not even a Latino on every thread I see him on, but he just ignores me and goes somewhere else.

TheSaboteur

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this whole "Abyss" thing with Tito? I always see one of you guys mention it when talking to/about Tito. Some of the interactions you guys have with Tito crack me up.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this whole "Abyss" thing with Tito? I always see one of you guys mention it when talking to/about Tito. Some of the interactions you guys have with Tito crack me up.

The "Abyss" is Tito. Agiantstep came up with it a long time ago to encapsulate all that is TitoMac. It was so fitting right from it's first utterance that now everybody just uses it synonymously with Tito.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "Abyss" is Tito. Agiantstep came up with it a long time ago to encapsulate all that is TitoMac. It was so fitting right from it's first utterance that now everybody just uses it synonymously with Tito.

But the Abyss is different today...he's actually being kind of amusing, and engaging other posters, and making real respectable baseball posts, etc.

I don't know what to make of it.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Abyss is different today...he's actually being kind of amusing, and engaging other posters, and making real respectable baseball posts, etc.

I don't know what to make of it.

Strive not to understand the Abyss, young grasshopper.

To avoid it is sublime.

titsmcgee1987

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whats up Nate!

Welcome! I have just pretty recently made my way over here. The conversation is much better and funnier (in the laughing WITH everyone, not laughing at Tito and co.). I am similar to you in that I am only 22 and lack some of the great stories, but am slowly compiling some of my own. Baseball unlike any other sport has a bond between the fan and the team that I think is unmatched, and not gonna lie, baseball isnt even my favorite sport.

Its been a great year, and it only makes it better to end the reg season finding a far superior or "cooler" board to post on

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Me too. Probably as a substitute in for me. I don't think I bother Nolan much. He usually just ignores me (which is fine by me). I do think he was irked with me though about taking some regulars from there. Afterall, a troll needs an audience.

EDIT: The only one I usually go to battle with is Envy.

Claykirby on the pads board to Envy:

you are close, but you left out defense. my guess is you didnt watch too many games, but relied on box scores or message board account of games to form your opinion..

And envy's response:

......... Not that it matters, but I watched a lot of games this year, too many actually. I also read the box scores everyday, which are a strong souce if you know the game.

LOL. You know Filo if you just pitched in Hilo Hawaii instead of San Mateo, you'd know the game as well as Envy. :D

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claykirby on the pads board to Envy:

you are close, but you left out defense. my guess is you didnt watch too many games, but relied on box scores or message board account of games to form your opinion..

And envy's response:

......... Not that it matters, but I watched a lot of games this year, too many actually. I also read the box scores everyday, which are a strong souce if you know the game.

LOL. You know Filo if you just pitched in Hilo Hawaii instead of San Mateo, you'd know the game as well as Envy. :D

LOL, nice find gp. Yup, I'm just tits on a boar here when it comes to baseball. I don't know why, I usually just laugh at trolls or have fun messing with them.....that said, I really, really dislike Envy. I need to get better at that :D

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, all of you guys have such cool baseball stories and experiences and I have nothing hahaha. Some day hopefully I'll be able to have awesome stories like this I enjoy telling, but that'll have to wait until I can afford to go to games. Is there anybody on this board younger than I am (21?)

Also with Nolan, I've been completely destroying him on the "now the Padres have to sweep us" thread. As soon as I started calling him out to admit he was wrong he starts attacking my reading comprehension and the like. I'm thinking "mother fucker you only can type 1 sentence of anything intelligible at a time and I'm the one with the reading problems???" hahaha At that point I know this guy had serious ego issues like nobody can know more about anything than he does. I tried to make him feel stupid by rubbing into his face some of my accomplishments in my short life, but he doesn't believe anything I say since he thinks I don't have any "reading comprehension."

As far as Tito goes, I don't think there's any doubt about him playing around. I continuously mention how it's all an act and he's not even a Latino on every thread I see him on, but he just ignores me and goes somewhere else.

Yes...

my "best" baseball story is actually terrible for me. In 07', my birthday gift was a Giants game. So I had a choice to go to a game on the 7th, 8th or 9th of August. I eliminated the 8th because that was my birthday and I wanted to spend time with my friends. Having to commute from Tahoe, I decided that the 9th would be the best option because we wouldn't have to drive back up on my birthday.

August 7th, 2007 Bonds did this...

:L

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey tits, how's it going?

sf giants r best, dude that sucks! hahaha, shit happens man, but I'm sure you've seen Bonds hit a few out, right?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also tzill, that was a pretty clever showing of Nolan's tendencies on "the Giants mvp..." thread on the idiot board. I see you caught that I made that entire statement more for Nolan's benefit than to ask Bhaakon about it. Although I did want to see if Bhaakon knew more about the subject than I did.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also tzill, that was a pretty clever showing of Nolan's tendencies on "the Giants mvp..." thread on the idiot board. I see you caught that I made that entire statement more for Nolan's benefit than to ask Bhaakon about it. Although I did want to see if Bhaakon knew more about the subject than I did.

LOL Just read that thread. Is Nolan really touting his "old school knowledge"? And yet he whined more than anyone about letting Timmy throw 200 innings last year. I told him then that if the Giants reached the playoffs this year that it was going to be important to keep Timmy's innings up in previous years so as to condition his arm to go deep in the playoffs.

BTW, definition of Old School Knowledge? For me, it is reserved for guys who played, coached, or scouted at or near the professional level.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that SD Envy doesn't like me at all. :D

Report Update: MSG is tearing him a new one right now, lol.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that SD Envy doesn't like me at all. :D

Report Update: MSG is tearing him a new one right now, lol.

He's such a fucking baby, that one. Such a weird attitude for a troll. Every time anyone tries to reply with some of their own smack he gets all hurt about it.

And his own smack is sometimes amusing but usually a retread of 'you are poor' 'you are ugly' 'you are a woman'

Nothing clever, no takes on our actual TEAMS, just blah.

I'm almost through with the pissant.