• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gerard Gallant shit canned

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as much of a God as they have built up MAF to be there, I wouldn't want to be the one to have to sell a trade for his replacement to fans, either. Especially with the little amount of cap space they have.

And I wonder if that has played into GMGM making this decision. Hoping the dead cat bounce is enough to get back in the hunt so he doesn't have to deal with the goalie question.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as much of a God as they have built up MAF to be there, I wouldn't want to be the one to have to sell a trade for his replacement to fans, either. Especially with the little amount of cap space they have.

And I wonder if that has played into GMGM making this decision. Hoping the dead cat bounce is enough to get back in the hunt so he doesn't have to deal with the goalie question.
The second a GM starts worrying about the fans when running his club he's on the path to getting sacked.

GMGM was sunk in Washington because he couldn't find a goalie (and subsequently watched a sieve he drafted become a Vezina winner). I can't imagine he hasn't learned his lesson by now.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Gallant getting fired was a bit of a surprise. Deboer replacing him is even more of a surprise.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the actual fuck?

Didn’t see Galant getting fired.

Would have bet against them hiring DeBoer this season.

Maybe vegas wants his insights for when they eventually meet up with San Jose in the playoffs :pound::pound::pound:

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is true, McPhee is an idiot. Gallant is a player's coach. And they made the final on the back of his attitude on accountability.

You don't have to punch someone in the nuts to get them to perform.
This is what you get with GMGM: slightly interesting mediocrity. Caps fans endured it for years. I have no idea what his present role is, but if it has anything to do with either picking coaching staff or managing personnel, then it's a colossal anchor around the organization.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the coach start controlling salaries?
Since never. I dont think that was the major point. Like I said before, I think there was fundamental differences between Gallant and McPhee. Going back to last season. I think he wanted to fire Gallant, but not until he had a replacement. Deboer being fired may have been the opportunity he wanted. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yippee Ki Yay mother fuckers

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if Mr Gallant is the answer, but IMHO anyone besides Blashill. I thought he was a poor choice at the start. Perhaps one day, but didn't think his day had come yet.

How does Gerard Gallant's firing affect Yzerman, Blashill and the Detroit Red Wings?

I'm not as down on Blashill as most fans. No one expected this team to seriously contend for a playoff spot going in, then wound up being the team with the most man games lost in the NHL - including two of their best scorers and top defenseman. Blashill also can't control his roster and Holland left Yzerman with quite the mess to clean up. Thankfully, Yzerman will have some flexibility to push the reset button on his D corps and goaltending this offseason as most of both groups are loaded with pending UFAs.

All that said, Gallant has a track record of leading teams to overachieve. Gallant also has a history of clashing with management that I expect wouldn't be the case with Yzerman. I believe it's a good match for both team and coach.