• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gerard Gallant shit canned

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but have you seen them play this season? They have looked terrible, and cant seem to be consistent anywhere. Not saying he should have been fired, but the Knights have looked like dog shit.

They have 54 points in 49 games played. Literally one point away from being in a playoff spot. The only full games I have watched of theirs are when they played Columbus. First one, they led us around like we were children, and the last one, we got a huge goaltending performance.

Gallant isn't the problem. McPhee handed out big contracts to guys like he was throwing out money in the VIP room to a few guys who had giant, unsustainable seasons. Now they are regressing back to the mean. Which, and we can't escape this fact, where they are as a third year team is pretty fucking impressive. Not sure that canning a coach the players love is a good idea.

I can't wait to cherry pick someone like Stastny from them at the deadline. Wennberg and Karlsson are besties.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallant, Laviolette and Boucher all available and the Devils are coached by Alain (I failed as a D coach so Ray promoted me) Nasredine

Boucher?

DenseConfusedBluewhale-max-1mb.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAF has a .906 sv% and Subban's at .898.

Yeah they could be scoring more (they take the second most shots per game but are mid-table in goals) but that stat above is basically the only reason they're underperforming.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew VGK had to do something, they should be playing better than they have been this season. I didn't think they were going to fire Gallant though, I was thinking they would send down or trade people lol. Did not see this coming.

As for DeBoer...

Pete gets the last laugh again

giphy.gif

I'm not exactly thrilled about this.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who is the replacement asg coach ... PLACE YOUR BETS!!!

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have 54 points in 49 games played. Literally one point away from being in a playoff spot. The only full games I have watched of theirs are when they played Columbus. First one, they led us around like we were children, and the last one, we got a huge goaltending performance.

Gallant isn't the problem. McPhee handed out big contracts to guys like he was throwing out money in the VIP room to a few guys who had giant, unsustainable seasons. Now they are regressing back to the mean. Which, and we can't escape this fact, where they are as a third year team is pretty fucking impressive. Not sure that canning a coach the players love is a good idea.

I can't wait to cherry pick someone like Stastny from them at the deadline. Wennberg and Karlsson are besties.
They have a 4 game and 5 game skid recently. Regardless of who the issue is, there isnt any good reason why they arent completely dominating the shit pacific division. I dont agree with the firing either, but they have looked terrible, for stretches, and seem to lack focus and effort. There will be some tough questions to be answered.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That they should be leading by a large margin. That division is trash.

What's the old saying, show me a good coach and I'll show you a good goalie. As BBB stated earlier, yes the Knights need to score more goals, but the bigger issue is keeping pucks out of their net.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the old saying, show me a good coach and I'll show you a good goalie. As BBB stated earlier, yes the Knights need to score more goals, but the bigger issue is keeping pucks out of their net.
Yeah, starting out the first periods down 3 or 4 goals is counter productive, and also speaks to the team defensively, in general, playing in slow motion and lackadaisical. Is that on the coach, or the players. Gallant has always let the players sort things out. I think this is either from Foley or McPhee trying to light a fire under the players. they were losing at home, back to back games, and players were quoted as saying they were maybe too comfortable at home.
wtf does that mean? Like isnt home an advantage in almost every regard? Like I said, I dont agree with the firing, but there were some philosophical differences between the coaching and front office I think.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh