• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia hires jeremy pruitt as DC.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had some more time to think about it, and I am now even more jazzed:

1. The guy is obviously a stud. Bama and FSU legacy, with a NC under his belt along with a stud D this past year. Yeah, he had the studs, but UGa gets the studs, too. We just don't seem to coach them up very well.

2. He appears to be a huge recruiter - won the award for best recruiter last year - and that is big. Losing the DC so close to signing date was going to be tough. Now, pretty sure we hang on to all D commits. Don't think coordinators typically swing committed recruits, but this might help on some of the uncommitted ones.

3. Love that this went down so fast. Last time it took us 5+ weeks.

4. It's a lateral move, and that might say something to the recruits. Man, that dude left FSU to go to UGa after he just won a NC. Must be something going on over there. I am not saying that, just thinking some recruits might look at it that way.

5. Concern is whether he will stay for a while. One year and then jump for what appears to be around $150K seems odd to me. But, he is good friends with our OL coach, Will Friend.

6. Has to be a blow to FSU fans who I am pretty sure didn't see this coming.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this is good. Tbh I hadn't heard his name til this year

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had some more time to think about it, and I am now even more jazzed:

1. The guy is obviously a stud. Bama and FSU legacy, with a NC under his belt along with a stud D this past year. Yeah, he had the studs, but UGa gets the studs, too. We just don't seem to coach them up very well.

Just a question, but how is 3 years total a "legacy"? FSU HAS the studs. UGA CAN get them, but does not have them currently.

2. He appears to be a huge recruiter - won the award for best recruiter last year - and that is big. Losing the DC so close to signing date was going to be tough. Now, pretty sure we hang on to all D commits. Don't think coordinators typically swing committed recruits, but this might help on some of the uncommitted ones.

He is a good recruiter, but not as big at FSU as he was at Bama. No real ties to FL schools. Bama schools is another matter entirely.

3. Love that this went down so fast. Last time it took us 5+ weeks.

4. It's a lateral move, and that might say something to the recruits. Man, that dude left FSU to go to UGa after he just won a NC. Must be something going on over there. I am not saying that, just thinking some recruits might look at it that way.

At the very best of terms it is lateral move, but in reality it is a step down considering what FSU has on that side of the ball and the conference they are in. CCs and possible NCs better than neither.

5. Concern is whether he will stay for a while. One year and then jump for what appears to be around $150K seems odd to me. But, he is good friends with our OL coach, Will Friend.

The friend thing is what I think made the difference and the fact I think he wants to coach in the SEC. By the time state income taxes are taken the money I equal considering he was getting a substantial raise this year.

6. Has to be a blow to FSU fans who I am pretty sure didn't see this coming.

Sucks, but not really a blow. If his heart was not here then move on. Seems that Jimbo already has a short list of replacements according to some places. Also seems that this was in the works a while ago which is why FSU did not openly state they would match.

FSU will be just fine. Just won a NC with the Heisman winner coming back and all but 3 offensive players coming back. Have a lot of experience and talent on the D side of the ball. Everything is still looking great.

Maybe we can get Will Muschamp as our DC after this coming season. :lol:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that this move was not about money since FSU essentially offered the same amount. Also was stated that there were no problems with Fisher or any other coach. Some off the field things and his friend are what brought this move on. He stated that Athens might be a better fit for his family than Tallahassee.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that this move was not about money since FSU essentially offered the same amount. Also was stated that there were no problems with Fisher or any other coach. Some off the field things and his friend are what brought this move on. He stated that Athens might be a better fit for his family than Tallahassee.

The ACC is better and "He can't handle the truth!" :yahoo:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a question, but how is 3 years total a "legacy"? FSU HAS the studs. UGA CAN get them, but does not have them currently.

He has 6 years at Bama, and 1 at FSU. I don't think we agree on the meaning of legacy. Perhaps "bona fides" or "lineage" or "pedigree" would have been better choices. The point is that we aren't getting some schlub who comes from a mid-major type program.

I would disagree with your assessment of our studs. UGa's problem has never been in getting the studs, it's been in coaching them up. UGa was right there with FSU in the draft last year. We lost everybody, which means last year's D way underperformed. Our guys this year were just young. They are all 4/5 star guys who will do fine with good coaching.

He is a good recruiter, but not as big at FSU as he was at Bama. No real ties to FL schools. Bama schools is another matter entirely.
Kind of hard to argue with 2 time recruiter of the year. But, perhaps he is more comfortable in the Ga/Bama region rather than Fla/SFla. Don't know.

At the very best of terms it is lateral move, but in reality it is a step down considering what FSU has on that side of the ball and the conference they are in. CCs and possible NCs better than neither.
the only thing that makes you stop and think whether it is a lateral move is your past season. If we were having this discussion 12 months ago, people might even say it was a step up. Over the long haul, unless FSU starts producing win percentages like they did in the 90s, I can't see this any other way that lateral. If you go on another run like you did in the 90s, then I would agree.

The friend thing is what I think made the difference and the fact I think he wants to coach in the SEC. By the time state income taxes are taken the money I equal considering he was getting a substantial raise this year.
That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Sucks, but not really a blow.
I hear you, but I bet we can count the DCs and OCs that left NC teams for similar positions (not HC) on one hand. I am sure FSU will find a solid replacement.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 6 years at Bama, and 1 at FSU. I don't think we agree on the meaning of legacy. Perhaps "bona fides" or "lineage" or "pedigree" would have been better choices. The point is that we aren't getting some schlub who comes from a mid-major type program.

I would disagree with your assessment of our studs. UGa's problem has never been in getting the studs, it's been in coaching them up. UGa was right there with FSU in the draft last year. We lost everybody, which means last year's D way underperformed. Our guys this year were just young. They are all 4/5 star guys who will do fine with good coaching.

Kind of hard to argue with 2 time recruiter of the year. But, perhaps he is more comfortable in the Ga/Bama region rather than Fla/SFla. Don't know.

the only thing that makes you stop and think whether it is a lateral move is your past season. If we were having this discussion 12 months ago, people might even say it was a step up. Over the long haul, unless FSU starts producing win percentages like they did in the 90s, I can't see this any other way that lateral. If you go on another run like you did in the 90s, then I would agree.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I hear you, but I bet we can count the DCs and OCs that left NC teams for similar positions (not HC) on one hand. I am sure FSU will find a solid replacement.

Pruitt as at Bama for 6 yrs, but only coached for 2 years. The other 4 he was the Director of Player Development. That makes 3 years coaching in college. He has the rings to show kids and 1 year as a DC.

As far as the move it definitely is lateral at best. UGA has won how many CCs in he past say 10 yrs? That versus getting more than 0 is a thing. It comes down to friendship and wanting to be in the SEC. I can see we will most definitely be disagreeing on these so I will bow out. Here is one thing I can say for fact. 3 NCs since UGAs. Remember the CFB world is what have you done or me lately. UGA nothing FSU NC. :yahoo:

Edit: his recruiting awards were at Bama. Tim Brewster and Odell Haggins are the two recruiting studs at FSU. Especially in FL. So UGA will be better off in Bama and GA with no more gain in FL.

Now it is time to see who the replacement is.

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pruitt as at Bama for 6 yrs, but only coached for 2 years. The other 4 he was the Director of Player Development. That makes 3 years coaching in college. He has the rings to show kids and 1 year as a DC.

As far as the move it definitely is lateral at best. UGA has won how many CCs in he past say 10 yrs? That versus getting more than 0 is a thing. It comes down to friendship and wanting to be in the SEC. I can see we will most definitely be disagreeing on these so I will bow out. Here is one thing I can say for fact. 3 NCs since UGAs. Remember the CFB world is what have you done or me lately. UGA nothing FSU NC. :yahoo:

Edit: his recruiting awards were at Bama. Tim Brewster and Odell Haggins are the two recruiting studs at FSU. Especially in FL. So UGA will be better off in Bama and GA with no more gain in FL.

Now it is time to see who the replacement is.
Fair enough ... by the way, Richt has 2 SEC rings, 5 appearances. And, that's in the SEC! :whistle:

Lateral move!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough ... by the way, Richt has 2 SEC rings, 5 appearances. And, that's in the SEC! :whistle:

Lateral move!
Jimbo has same number of conference rings and a NC one too. All in less time. Step down. :suds:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lateral move!

Richt is just living on borrowed time. Just like Paul Johnson. They will both end up getting fired, it is just a matter of when it happens.

Bobo will most likely go first, though.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richt is just living on borrowed time. Just like Paul Johnson. They will both end up getting fired, it is just a matter of when it happens.

Bobo will most likely go first, though.
You are either trolling us, or your posting skills and intelligence has degraded rapidly. :nod:

- Richt is fine with the alumni that count. His seat isn't even warm.

- To compare him to Paul Johnson is idiotic. Don't make me compare records, etc., especially the one that had UGa winning 12 of the last 13 games, and CPJ being 1-5 against Richt's Dawgs.

- As for Bobo, you really show your ignorance. 2 years ago, he was a Broyles Award candidate. This year, he should have been, but won the Coordinator of the Year at 247Sports. Our problem the past few years hasn't been the offense, it's been the defense. Even with all the injuries, here is what he did this year:

UGA OFFENSE IN NATIONAL RANKINGS
YARDS PER GAME - 489.83 (16TH)
YARDS PER PLAY - 6.81 (12TH)
TOTAL YARDS - 5878 (17TH)
PASS YARDS - 3765 (15TH)
RUSH YARDS - 2113 (59TH)
PLAYS 10+ YARDS - 233 (7TH) (2ND in SEC)
PASSES 10+ YARDS - 156 (7TH) (T-1ST in SEC)
Plays 20+ yards - 76 (11TH)
Passes 20+ yards - 59 (10th)
PLAYS 30+ YARDS - 32 (24TH)
PLAYS 70+ YARDS - 4 (6TH) (1ST - 6)
PLAYS 80+ YARDS - 2 (5TH) (1ST - 3)
PLAYS 90+ YARDS - 1 (2ND) (1ST - 2)
TOTAL 1ST DOWNS - 302 (13TH)
1ST DOWNS PER GAME - 25.2 (13TH)
POINTS PER GAME - 38.2 (20TH)
TOTAL POINTS - 458 (20TH)
TOTAL TDS - 57 (23RD)

Does that strike you as the numbers of a coordinator in trouble? Didn't think so.

We will lose Bobo, but it will be because he becomes a head coach at some point in the future.

If you want to be further schooled, just let me know. :L

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are either trolling us, or your posting skills and intelligence has degraded rapidly. :nod:

- Richt is fine with the alumni that count. His seat isn't even warm.

- To compare him to Paul Johnson is idiotic. Don't make me compare records, etc., especially the one that had UGa winning 12 of the last 13 games, and CPJ being 1-5 against Richt's Dawgs.

- As for Bobo, you really show your ignorance. 2 years ago, he was a Broyles Award candidate. This year, he should have been, but won the Coordinator of the Year at 247Sports. Our problem the past few years hasn't been the offense, it's been the defense. Even with all the injuries, here is what he did this year:

UGA OFFENSE IN NATIONAL RANKINGS
YARDS PER GAME - 489.83 (16TH)
YARDS PER PLAY - 6.81 (12TH)
TOTAL YARDS - 5878 (17TH)
PASS YARDS - 3765 (15TH)
RUSH YARDS - 2113 (59TH)
PLAYS 10+ YARDS - 233 (7TH) (2ND in SEC)
PASSES 10+ YARDS - 156 (7TH) (T-1ST in SEC)
Plays 20+ yards - 76 (11TH)
Passes 20+ yards - 59 (10th)
PLAYS 30+ YARDS - 32 (24TH)
PLAYS 70+ YARDS - 4 (6TH) (1ST - 6)
PLAYS 80+ YARDS - 2 (5TH) (1ST - 3)
PLAYS 90+ YARDS - 1 (2ND) (1ST - 2)
TOTAL 1ST DOWNS - 302 (13TH)
1ST DOWNS PER GAME - 25.2 (13TH)
POINTS PER GAME - 38.2 (20TH)
TOTAL POINTS - 458 (20TH)
TOTAL TDS - 57 (23RD)

Does that strike you as the numbers of a coordinator in trouble? Didn't think so.

We will lose Bobo, but it will be because he becomes a head coach at some point in the future.

If you want to be further schooled, just let me know. :L

Most Bulldawg fans tell me they would very much like to see Bobo get fired. I guess you are in the minority on that.

Richt had better bring home better than an 8-5 season next year or his seat will become very hot indeed. You think he will?