• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Georgia doesn't want to be there....for realz

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope UGA crushes Ken Starr so Rhule realizes it’s time to get out while the get’ns good.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you hate college football and want to spoil everyone's fun?

I love college football. I also like playoffs. Not sure why people hate the idea of more win or go home games. Odd stance for fans to take.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love college football. I also like playoffs. Not sure why people hate the idea of more win or go home games. Odd stance for fans to take.
I do too. I pretty sure my preference for playoffs comes from the Texas high school playoffs I've observed for so many years. Good stuff IMO. (Didn't make it Jerry's World this year but saw several playoff games in the area.)

From what I understand from the anti playoff crowd, they believe the "win or go home" thinking should only apply to the regular season. But only to a certain extent even then. Sometimes a team is allowed to lose in the regular season and NOT go home. It just depends on who they lose to and when.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do too. I pretty sure my preference for playoffs comes from the Texas high school playoffs I've observed for so many years. Good stuff IMO. (Didn't make it Jerry's World this year but saw several playoff games in the area.)

From what I understand from the anti playoff crowd, they believe the "win or go home" thinking should only apply to the regular season. But only to a certain extent even then. Sometimes a team is allowed to lose in the regular season and NOT go home. It just depends on who they lose to and when.

What part of win your conference or go home are you against?

Why should Ohio State or LSU or Clemson have to beat a team 2 times if not even a 3rd time in order to win a championship?

What team during the 4 team CFP era that didn't make it in that belonged and/or deserved a chance?

Lets just look at this year.

LSU beat Georgia 37-10 in the SEC Championship. No other team in the SEC had less than 2 losses. Other than LSU, who deserved a 3rd chance?

Ohio State spanked everybody in the Big 10 including a massive comeback in the B10 Championship game that they ended up dominating. Who in the B10 deserved any chance other than tOSU?

Clemson whipped the shit out of everybody in a shitty ACC conference. You can't make any argument for any other team in that conference.

The Pac12 was shit this year. Their champ blew it against a 3 loss Auburn team. Utah just got spanked by an average Texas team last night.

The Big 12 Champ got in, and weren't even a contest for half a quarter.

So, in what universe did anybody other then LSU, Ohio State, and Clemson even deserve a chance at playing for a title this year?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of good players sitting out.

Gonna get a good look at the depth chart. Too bad Matt Landers isn't one of the players sitting out. I'd rather just go full Kentucky offense than rely on that dude to catch anything.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Kirby Smart, his assistants and the Bulldogs’ players are declining to talk about specific players’ absences. “We’re going to focus on who’s here,” Smart said upon arrival in New Orleans. “This trip, this team and this game, and that’s really it.”

MIA Bulldogs

Georgia football players expected to miss the Sugar Bowl, with reasons in parentheses, followed by number of games played this season.

OL Ben Cleveland (academics), 13 games
OL Andrew Thomas (NFL training), 13
OL Isaiah Wilson (NFL training), 11
OL D'Marcus Hayes (undisclosed), 6
RB Brian Herrien (undisclosed), 12
WR Lawrence Cager (ankle injury), 9
WR Dominick Blaylock (knee injury), 12
DB J.R. Reed (foot injury), 13
DB Divaad Wilson (undisclosed), 13
DL Tyler Clark (undisclosed), 13
OLB Walter Grant (concussion), 12
ILB Quay Walker (undisclosed), 13
DB Tyrique McGhee (undisclosed), 9

Damn. Is anyone playing for UGA?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. I was told UGA didn’t wanna be here?